knives etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knives etc

Does anyone else get annoyed about knives that are simply not sharp? And without a potato peeler,, trying to pare vegetables with dull knives is not fun....

Many times the knives are too dull to do much good, but I never think to pack a paring knife with me.
    Jacki

Comment

On my list of things to pack is a paring knife and a peeler. Doesn't take up much room and cures a possible vacation annoyance. Checking off that list has helped with having just about all the necessities required.

Comment

We always bring a kitchen knife. Not a small paring knife, but a large one that we use just for travel.
        Luanne

Comment

I seldom have problems with any kitchen items.

Knife-wise, we still have my set of Echo Arrowhead Cutlery, circa 1971, and they are still our go-to knives.

We also still have my titanium/stainless steel waterless cookware and my Prudence fine china.
          RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Yup, dull knives are no good. None of the timeshares I have visited had a knife problem. A few restaurants in Mexico had very dull knives. One was a steak house in Cabo where we took turns using my tactile pocket knife and the other was in Playa del Carmen where we sawed through with the knife provided. I don't order steak in Mexico to often so its not really a problem.

We bought a set of Henkel knives last year. So far so good.

Comment

When I was an army cook we had a potato peeler in our mess hall, but when we were in the field we had to peel 50 pounds of potatoes by hand.. I found it a waste of my KPs time so I cooked and served them peels and all.. I never got any complaints

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne View Post
                We always bring a kitchen knife. Not a small paring knife, but a large one that we use just for travel.
                No problem with packing in your checked bag???
                Pat
                *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
                  No problem with packing in your checked bag???
                  Nope. It has a cover for the blade.
                  Luanne

Comment

The best knife I ever used was at a timeshare. It was a big KitchenAid kitchen knife and I immediately ordered one on Amazon (you're welcome, Frank, lol).

Comment

I suppose others do, too, but when we traveled we had a "condo kit" in a large Rubbermaid "keeper" that contained everything we would likely need in a timeshare. The most important item was a decent frying pan, but I'm sure knives were included.
                      RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Never argue with the cook, you never know what you will get for your next meal.
                        Don

Comment

Thank you Avery.

We never cook other than breakfast, Only once we cooked Lobster in Maine. I ran out of the room, I hate seafood so I could not stick around to see if they had issues eating it
                          Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

I'll be bringing one along next time!

Comment

Most of the time when we travel I bring fishing gear that includes a really nice fillet knife or two. These knives are razor sharp and very thin. I can slice tuna or salmon paper thin for sushi. So thin it is about see through. I always have a notice from TSA that they went through my stuff when I have fishing or scuba gear.

We brought a rice cooker to Mexico and TSA disassembled it. I wasn't able to piece it back together and now we don't bring rice cookers in our checked bags anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X