Lots of interesting stuff on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of interesting stuff on Ebay

It must be time for maintenance bills to be paid for next year, because I am seeing some good deals on EBay.
    Too bad, because DH says “no more!”
    Jacki

LOL.
    Yeah I can barely use everything I have now.
    I would like to tweak my portfolio a bit but it's too much work.

Comment

Adding up the maintenance fee, club dues, cost of travel (flight and rental car), it is expensive. I have told my wife several times I would like to get out. But, even that is tough to do, so now I look for vacation to use my points.
      Don

Comment

After our two vacations this month, we have enough tpus for three more trips. Then we are finished unless I book extra vacacations through RCI.

Comment

I looked at ebay and thought about getting some more worldmark contracts. Instead of dumping my points in one or two contracts I think I would be better off using multiple contracts for WM reservations. My wife says I have to sell something to buy something and the problem is I don't want to sell anything.

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
            . My wife says I have to sell something to buy something and the problem is I don't want to sell anything.
            That's exactly my situation. I like all my timeshares.
            Jacki

Comment

I have had 2 units go unused and unrented. This year was my fault because of my operation. I lost out on both AC and St Croix and NOLA
              Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Originally posted by bigfrank View Post
                I have had 2 units go unused and unrented. This year was my fault because of my operation. I lost out on both AC and St Croix and NOLA
                Next year! You gotta lotta catching up to do!
                How are you feeling?
                Jacki

Comment

We are down to one week summer oceanfront OBX which we mostly use, although we rented it out a couple of years. With RCI gone completely to the dogs and them buying DAE, I have absolutely no interest in buying anything to trade. SFX has a great resort in London but otherwise little where we want to go in Europe, and UKRE, where we still have a couple of credits, is only British Isles. If I found a late spring or summer Isle of Palms, SC week for sale cheap, that might be something to buy to use, but I cannot think of anything else right now that I would jump on. Looking at their portfolio of resorts, I have sometimes been tempted to look for a good deal on a Hapimag contract, but I am so allergic to points based systems, that is always the turnoff for me with them. It is hard to find a cheap Hapimag contract anyway, due to their guaranteed buy back at a pretty decent price if you have owned a certain number of years.

My son and his wife like to go to the OBX over New Years and are getting a freebie 3BR oceanfront week 52 to go with their OBX summer week to use.
                  Carolinian
                  Super Moderator
                  Last edited by Carolinian; 11-24-2017, 05:44 PM. Reason: correct typo

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
                    I looked at ebay and thought about getting some more worldmark contracts. Instead of dumping my points in one or two contracts I think I would be better off using multiple contracts for WM reservations. My wife says I have to sell something to buy something and the problem is I don't want to sell anything.
                    That's the answer to the addiction thing. "constant improvement" always be upgrading. Sell one and buy one. Sell the 2 bedroom to buy a two bedroom lockoff, sell the $900 maintenance fee contract to buy one at a neighboring resort with a $700 mf. sell one that gets 20 tpu in RCI for the one that gets 30

For some of us its not the vacation, its the planning; its not the owning, its the buying and selling

Comment

Originally posted by Carolinian View Post
                      We are down to one week summer oceanfront OBX which we mostly use, although we rented it out a couple of years. With RCI gone completely to the dogs and them buying DAE, I have absolutely no interest in buying anything to trade. SFX has a great resort in London but otherwise little where we want to go in Europe, and UKRE, where we still have a couple of credits, is only British Isles. If I found a late spring or summer Isle of Palms, SC week for sale cheap, that might be something to buy to use, but I cannot think of anything else right now that I would jump on. Looking at their portfolio of resorts, I have sometimes been tempted to look for a good deal on a Hapimag contract, but I am so allergic to points based systems, that is always the turnoff for me with them. It is hard to find a cheap Hapimag contract anyway, due to their guaranteed buy back at a pretty decent price if you have owned a certain number of years.

My son and his wife like to go to the OBX over New Years and are getting a freebie 3BR oceanfront week 52 to go with their OBX summer week to use.
                      I've been doing so well with II that I rarely use RCI anymore.
                      The TPU gig is so frustrating with them downgrading the program.

I'm glad my resort is dual affiliated and hope II doesn't change
                      their ways. I haven't really looked at Europe with II except I
                      did do awesome at Marriott Marbella a few years ago with 2
                      back to back rentals for a 3 bedroom for $600 each week.
                      Much better value than RCI was at the time for the class of resort.

If you are dual affiliated you might want to try them for a year.
                      With their re-trade option for $50 extra it's well worth it and I
                      use it like insurance. I've had to use the retrade several times
                      lately due to illness and so glad I bought it. It saved my butt. LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X