Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi

I just registered and thought I'd say hello. I've been scanning the net looking for information on timeshares and found this site, as well as a few others. I used a 'last minute' timeshare week through a friend a few months ago and attended a presentation during that trip. Actually, I attended the presentation in exchange for the free gifts and had no idea what to expect. I didn't want to make such a large purchase without having done research. And now after reading a bit, I feel very lucky that I didn't purchase. There is certainly a lot to learn regarding weeks vs points, trading power, etc. But now I know enough to have decided that I do want to enter, but via the resale market.

Thanks to everyone here for the information on the boards. And thanks in advance for any answers to questions from this newbie.

Comment

• Hi!
      I'm Deb from NC. I've been active on TUG and am looking forward
      to being active here as well.
      We own 2 weeks on Hilton Head, and hope to travel more when
      we retire in a year or two. I'm looking forward to more good advice
      and timeshare tales...

Comment

• Getting Educated!

Hello everyone, I have been viewing this site as a guest for the past few days (on my lunch break of course). I purchased my timeshare last year (week 25) - which I absolutely love (Celebrity Resorts Orlando) after renting from a friend who has owned there since the beginning - I don't know who the first management company was. At the same time, I purchased another home in Michigan which I have been painting etc., so it's been quite busy for me. I have been to a few sales pitches (bluegreen mainly), just recently this year at Boyne Mountain (WOW$$$$). My son (6 year old) and I will be traveling back to Celebrity for vacation May 6-13. I am looking forward on hearing and learning about exchanges, trading power, etc. I love the phrase I read, maybe from this site, "The world is like a book, and traveling is like turning a page". Looking forward to the communication.
        Vanessa

Comment

• Hello everyone !
          My name is Bill and I live in Delaware.

Thank you for allowing me to join this group. This site is great and reading many of these posts, the people are light and fun !

After reading info from several timeshare groups, I purchase two fairfield timeshares or 287,000 points off of Ebay. This turned out to be much, much better than I thought. I have been very happy with the exchanges I have gotten for so few points.

I will contribute to this group in any way I can and post reviews of any places I go to. If I can answer any questions about these places, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks again. Bill
          Bill

Comment

• Originally posted by yeksword
            I am Adam from Singapore. I own a timeshare membership of a vacation club,the Asian Travel Club (www.asian-travel-club.com ). I wish to sell it since i am quite busy with my current job. This membership will entitle you to RCI timeshare exchange. By owning the membership of the Asian Travel Club you would have a timeshare portfolio of over 100 resorsts / hotels in 20 countries for your vacation especially in Asia Pacific countries! The Asian Travel Club timeshare is exchangeable with RCI for more than 3,700 affiliated resorts / hotels worldwide! The timeshare can always be exchanged with RCI. There is already one week timeshare been deposited to RCI, ready to use before 30th June06.

Timeshare Details:
            - Asian Travel Club: www.asian-travel-club.com
            - RCI Membership up to year 2010 : www.rci.com
            - Studio type (Upgradable to 2 bedroom)
            - Floating Week (Red)
            - Even Year, 28 years lease term, expired on year 2032 (renewable)
            - Ready to use anytime
            - Asking Price: USD$9,000 only NEG

Now wish to sell or rent it out at very attractive price..Please only serious inquiries / buyer shall contact me at swordplanet71@yahoo.com if interested.
            Since this sounds more like an ad to sell I will be moving your post to the sell area of this website. Once I am done I will edit this post and add the link so you can find it.

Edited to add new link to your post: http://www.timeshareforums.com/showthread.php?t=8950
            Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

• Greetings

I'm a new member to here and TUG. We live and own (HGVC Valdoro) in Colorado. We bought from the developer ... gasp!!! But don't regret our decision. The primary purpose was skiing/hiking in Summit county, which has worked out very well for us. We're beginning to broaden our timeshare horizons beyond Colorado, so I've joined this forum in hopes of absorbing some of your wisdom.

Comment

• Hello Evreyone!

Hi,

I stumbled uppon this forum minutes ago and I decided to join the community. As my username indicates, I ask a lot of questions in order to learn from those who are savvy in timeshare issues.

I would like to browse here regularly and see what you guys are up to and hope that in the future I may be able to contribute as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by InquiringMind
                  Hi,

I stumbled uppon this forum minutes ago and I decided to join the community. As my username indicates, I ask a lot of questions in order to learn from those who are savvy in timeshare issues.

I would like to browse here regularly and see what you guys are up to and hope that in the future I may be able to contribute as well.
                  Pat
                  *** My Website ***

Comment

• I forgot to mention that I reside in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. My family's home resort(timeshare) is in Orlando.

Thanks, for the warm welcome, GrayFal.

Comment

• Hello everyone. I joined in January so it’s about time I introduced myself. I am a teacher who is looking forward to retirement in 7 years. My husband and I live in Maryland. We own 3 Marriott timeshares: Ocean Watch, Cypress Harbour and Harbour Point. I am also a member of TUG. I look forward to reading and posting on this site.

Joyce

Comment

• My husband and I live in NE Oklahoma and have been married almost 17 years. Between us we had 7 children, and 9 grandchildren(so far). We purchased our first unit, a floating week in Branson, back when there were 4 young 'uns at home, through time and tragedy, we are down to just 1 at home now. We had some really good vacations at Branson, and had one really good exchange to Kissimmee, FL. We then purchased time at a resort that uses the points system. We personally have only been there twice, but we have loaned it out to kids, friends, and family and have managed to get into it on very short notice several times. I wish the same could be said of the floating week resort...we have given them a 5 month window to find us a slot, and they haven't found an opening for us....frustrating to say the least! I am mostly out and about in the timeshare website world looking for ways to either figure out how to enjoy our timeshare more, or to sell them. And right now, the preference is the latter of the two. Life sometimes just hands out some things to you that make taking a vacation something that just isn't that fun anymore. A nice place on the web, with nice helpful people, would be a good place for me to figure out what to do with these two vacation opportunities.

Comment

• Hi Yall

New member to the forums, but have been on TUG for a year. Last spring we went to Jalisco for 10 nights - 6 at the Puerto Vallarta Westin, 2 at El Careyes and 2 at El Tamarindo. Since it was a vacation we decided to do the vacation thing and did a timeshare tour (100$ off my National rental) in Nuevo Vallarta
                          We found it very tempting, but not knowing anything about timeshares (& being an 'engineer' as my wife says) we declined. It turns out that my sister & her husband did the Regina tour at the Westin while we were gone (& bought ). After some quick research they rescinded (12K EOY 1BD) while we were still there.
                          After returning home I started researching TS and at that time joined TUG. Finally in November last year I found a PV Regina 2BD on eBay and bought Our first trip will be this November w/ my brother & his wife.
                          We're looking forward to having this TS and are always willing to learn more Our current areas of interest are joining a trading group (looking at SFX or DAE) and joining the world of trades. We love to travel
                          On a more personal note, the kids are both out of college, I love my motorcycle (BMW) and my wife loves her horses.

Comment

• Hi, I'm Canadiansue, guess where I come from!!LOL. Someone posted an invitation on the visitaruba.com bb, and so I came over for a look see.
                            We own one every other year week at Westgate Villas,Orlando. Bought this 15 yrs ago, full price!!

We have used this once, and exchanged to various places, including Aruba, which is a wonderful place.

No plans yet to add more weeks, but we will definatly go for a resale!!!
                            We have rented weeks from an owner, and that saves big $$$$.

We've been married 24 yrs, have two grown single children. Son is in the Canadian Armed services, where he is taking his course as combat engineer, and our daughter is an educator in a daycare that cares for children with severe disabilities.
                            We have an assisted living home for 9 elderly living with Alzheimers disease.
                            We also have an Outback camper, and love to go camping in the summer.
                            My first language is English, Hubby is French, but there are not many people in our neck of the woods who do speak English.....so I'm warning you all now, my sentence structure, spelling, and expressions might be a little off!!!

Comment

• We live in Malibu, California. We have been timesharing for ten years. We have 9 weeks in Hawaii, on Vancouver Island, Cancun and Carlsbad. We have enjoyed vacations at our home resorts as well as many great exchanges. This year, we did a direct trade (owner to owner) through Redwishes (Redweek.com). We hope to do more of these. I have long enjoyed the TUG board and look forward to more good information through this one.

Jan Handlers Bryman

Comment

I'm not that new a member but haven't posted. I'm Barb and own wk. 30 in Williamsburg, Powhatan Plantation. I'm trying to trade, rent or sell it. I find we just don't make enough use of timeshares.

Comment

Working...
                                X