Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I'm Carl, and my wife, Glenna, and I live just north of Kingston, Ontario, which is roughly halfway between Toronto and Montreal. It is a beautiful part of the country, with rugged scenery of trees, rocks and lakes. But, I am getting tired of cold weather, so, until we retire in about 8-9 years, we try to escape for a week (or more) during the winter. We have only been into timesharing for a couple of years. We were fortunate to find out about the resale market and purchased some Fairfield points deeded in Colorado and Arkansas. Thanks to advice and tips found on TUG and the Fairfield Yahoo Group, we have had some great trips to Florida, Virginia, Quebec, Mexico, and we just returned from Greece.
    Carl

Comment

Originally posted by T. R. Oglodyte
      I'm the TUGger who used to be snelson.
      You must mean......
      "The TUGger formerly known as ________"

Edited to add my recycled intro from TUG
      Hi, this is Pat and I am a TS-aholic...just ask my kids (DS 21, DD19) who have less 'kind' sayings about my addiction. I found TUG after buying my 3rd developer week from Marriott in July, 2001. Since then I have bought and sold more than a few resales and another developer week. I now vacation with my DH Tom about 6 weeks a year, send my parents on 2 trips, do assorted 'girl' trips and trips with my kids.

My husband is a Credit Union executive and I have been a Registered Nurse for 30 years with the last 13 in Hospice. My work REALLY makes me appreciate the time to travel and being with loved ones.

Just love TSing and have turned on many friends and family members to this great way to travel.
      Have also met the nicest, most generous people thru TSing message boards...it is a wonderful gift.......THANKS
      Pat
      *** My Website ***

Comment

Hi, tis me , Shaggy. (Leslie) Y'all probably remember me too. I'm the one who is obsessing over my dream trip coming up in 10 days to the Canadian Rockies.

I've been into ts since the 80's buying a developer blue week at the Yachtsman in MB. Now, that was smart huh? I paid too much , and sold it last year for $1000 (just before the big assesment.) On my very first exchange to St George I bought a week at the 4 Seasons for $500. It got bought out by Coronada, then it got bought out by MROP. MY MF"s are almost what I paid for the darn thing. I bought a wonderful week at Highlands of Sugar (NC MTNS) from a customer for $200.

I've traded to lots of places, Cancun, Bahamas, Tradewinds Cruise, MB, Orlando, Las Vegas, Cape Cod, MB, OBX, all over Fla. / Orlando, Marco Island, Treasure Island, Pompano. Wmsburg, Massanutin, Las Vegas, Winners Circle and lots more.

Comment

Hi, my name is Ben. I have enjoyed timeshares for the last three years and have jumped in with both feet. I buy my timeshares to use, exchange and rent. I am always looking for a bargain with good rental potential, or something special to use myself. My wife, kids and friends thought I was crazy with all the TSs I have bought. But after three years of the most wonderful vacations and my success in renting my excess weeks, my wife has given me a green light to do whatever I want with timeshares. But, my friends still think I am crazy. That is except the ones who have rented from me. I am 52, a successful professional, with 3 kids , two of which are grown. I take 6 weeks of vacation a year, but when not on vacation I am at work. Often 24 hrs/day and 7 days a week. TS are perfect for me, because when I am out of town, I am unavailable!! TS are a great escape and help provide balance to my life and help me reconnect with my family. I hope to enjoy them for many years to come. Ben

Comment

Hi. I'm Tetta. Bill was in the USAF 24 years so we got used to traveling then. We bought our first timeshare twenty years ago and have made about 50 trades around the world. Now we own two at Swan Mountain, one at Sandstone Creek in Vail, Westin St. John, One Napili Way and Paniolo Greens. Bill is a scuba diver and I am a retired History teacher and Colorado Master Gardener. All your timesharing stories are interesting. Why don't we have a convention?

Comment

Hi, Shellsak here! Although I have been VERY quiet lately in the Timeshare World (was a member of TStips, but don't think I ever posted!) I really appreciate Frank including me in the "grand opening" of his new website. I have been a Timeshare Junkie and TUG member since 2002, have acquired unbelievable amounts of knowledge and wisdom from some incredibly nice people I met on TUG...specifically Scott, Frank, Pat (grayfal), Fern and many others, and hope to become active on timeshareforums.com as my LIFE permits!

My husband Chris and I live in New York and have 6 year old twin girls. My husband is an FDNY firefighter and I have been building a successful real estate business for the past year and a half (hence the lack of time to dedicate to my timeshare addiction)...my friends prodded me to take my timeshare buying/selling addiction one step further and buy/sell real estate locally...what a brilliant idea...and its working!!!

I have bought and sold so many timeshares in the past 3 years that I'm not even sure I know what I currently own! LOL

I would like to say "HELLO" to all here on timeshareforums.com and look forward to spending quality internet time with friends old and new!

Comment

Hi! All, Dale and Debbie here. We have been timesharing since 2000. We have 2 boys ages 20 and 24. We live in Elma, WA. Went on a presentation in Las Vegas. We were interested but resisted the temptation to buy. After we got home we found TUG and that led to resale purchase of a HGVC.

Keep up the good work, I am a lurker more than a poster but I learn a lot from all of timeshare sites and info out there.

Dale

Comment

Geeze, I go to Vegas for a few days and tstips falls apart.
                  I can't imagine what's going to happen when I'm in Hawaii for a week.

Comment

I am Scott/Buff former administrator of TSTips and former poster on Tug. I retired almost 3 years ago from the NYPD and am now living in Wellington Florida working for Bell South designing and selling security systems

I have owned various timeshares and enjoy reading and studying about various timeshare issues. I am always available to help anyone with any timeshare issues and still communicate with many tuggers/tipsters on the phone.

I believe that for this timeshare site to be successful we must include things that timeshare owners do not see on other websites. Buff/Scott

Comment

What you have planned sounds wonderful for all of us. Thank you so much and wishing you success!

Comment

Hi everyone I'm finally here! I'm Lynn married to Lyman for just about 35 yrs. We have been timesharing since 1994. It's nice to see all these familiar names here from Tug & Tstips. The new site looks great.

Lynn

Comment

Hi, I'm JudyS. I used to use Judy321 on the old version of TUG.

Actually, my introduction should be, "Hello, I'm Judy, and I'm addicted to buying timeshares." I'm up to five now!

I live in Ann Arbor with my Tom (my Dh) and four cats. I haven't met any other forum members in person yet, but I hope to in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by JudyS
                            Hi, I'm JudyS. I used to use Judy321 on the old version of TUG.
                            Hi Judy, It'sd a pleasure to have you come aboard. You are more than welcome. Mi casa Su casa.

Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Hi, I'm Karen G and I live in Bellevue, WA, with my husband, John. We have three kids (ages 22, 19, and 16). We've been into timeshares since 1995 when we made our first purchase resale of two Texas weeks at First Fairway at Walden, sight unseen. An exchange of one of those weeks got us to Kauai where we purchased a week at Lawai Beach. Another exchange of FF@W got us to Cabo where we purchased PB Rose from the developer. Then we found TUG.

Now ten years later and hopefully a bit wiser, we're still enjoying timesharing. Along the way we've disposed of the FF@W weeks, bought and sold a Manhattan Club week (loved it but MF were getting too high), still have Lawai Beach and PB Rose, bought four SA weeks, and got into RCI pts. with another Texas week at Rayburn Country.

Through TUG we've met Buff/Scott and his lovely family, talked to BigFrank on the phone in NY (sorry we didn't get to meet in person), and several other Tuggers along the way, including Fern. We're looking forward to moving to Anthem Country Club in Henderson in two years, and using timeshares more and more when my husband retires.

Hope to connect with more and more of you folks both here and on TUG, where I am the moderator of the Mexico forum.

Comment

Hey Karen nice to have you on board as well. As I just said to Judy, Mi Casa Su Casa.

Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Working...
                                X