Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clipper,

Do you stay at BRMR or use it for trading? We stayed there in 2003 and although the location was amazing (Banff) we weeren't overly inpressed with the resort itself. It was high 80's to mid 90's the entire week and we melted without any A/C.

Cheers,

Stebe
    Steven Bate
    "This is the Life"

Canadian Resort Listing

Comment

As you may already have guessed from the ID, I'm Keith Timeshare owner for around 20 years so one of the early UK owners I suppose. We got into t/s through a 'junk mail' invitation. The concept sounded interesting so we went to have a look. This was long before I had a computer or TUG came on the scene and we purchased from the developer.
      At that time it seems they were one of the good guys as they went through everything in detail on the day of purchase and then phoned us twice in the following week to make certain that we were still happy to proceed with the purchase. I actually had quite a few sleepless nights in the first couple of weeks, but no regrets at all now. We have staying in accommodation of a standard we could only have dreamt of on a conventional holiday.

Comment

Hi JoAnn,
        Reading your profile, you have exchanges in Hawaii. DO you have anything in Oahu, Maui or Kauai for week 35? (08/27/05 - 09/03/05)?
        Please email me at vacations_lover@yahoo.com
        Thanks,
        Angie

Comment

Sheeeeee's Baaaack !

Hello Timeshare Thrill Seekers !
          Well, I'm back. Had a bad personal experience and just haven't been myself, however, I've missed you all. Hope to contribute here and there as I pull myself together.
          Beags

Comment

We missed ya , Beags.

Comment

Originally posted by vacationslover
              Hi JoAnn,
              Reading your profile, you have exchanges in Hawaii. DO you have anything in Oahu, Maui or Kauai for week 35? (08/27/05 - 09/03/05)?
              Please email me at vacations_lover@yahoo.com
              Thanks,
              Angie
              Angie, I just read your post...we do not own in Hawaii...we just had made exchanges TO Hawaii in '92. Sorry.....

Comment

Originally posted by OnMedic
                Clipper,

Do you stay at BRMR or use it for trading? We stayed there in 2003 and although the location was amazing (Banff) we weeren't overly inpressed with the resort itself. It was high 80's to mid 90's the entire week and we melted without any A/C.

Cheers,

Stebe

We own a winter week at BRMR. We use it for trading. Yes, the resort itself is just standard although I've heard they've been renovating. It is the location that is prime. Those are unusually high temps for Banff. I think the average high temp there is about 70.

If you want to discuss further, send me a PM or post at the Canada forum and I will reply there.

Cheers,
                Mercedes

Comment

Originally posted by Beaglemom3
                  Well, I'm back. Had a bad personal experience and just haven't been myself, however, I've missed you all. Hope to contribute here and there as I pull myself together.
                  Beags
                  Beags I did not know you were here yet I was away on the camping trip from hell when you joined, I am glad you made it here I was worried about you. I missed you so much

I hope all is better now and hope to see you back here in full force and back in the sports forum making the rest of the baseball season more interesing again , It's boring without you. This rounds for you

Welcome back

Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Welcome back Beags, looking forward to hearing from you often.
                    Jacki

Comment

Originally posted by Beaglemom3
                      Beags
                      Hey....Good to see you...welcome BACK!!!!!
                      Pat
                      *** My Website ***

Comment

Intro

Hello Everyone!

I found my way here after joining TSTips in June. Thanks to reading the various posts, I decided to join SFX and made my first deposit. I am looking forward to my first exchange.

I don't meet the definition of a typical timesharer, I think - being younger than most and single. I bought my first (Sheraton Broadway) pre-construction in 1998 on vacation in Myrtle Beach my first year out of college with my first job. It was under Embassy then. I was so impressed b/c ironically I was staying in Embassy Suites in N. Myrtle Beach. It was nice, being directly on the beach, but the room was nothing special w/o even a refrigerator and it was $190/night. Once I saw the 1 bedroom vs. my hotel room, I was sold. My purpose was to exchange primarily, still is. But I still find it frustrating, trying to plan far in advance and work with RCI and II who always seem to call asking me to extend my membership, while I am not getting what i want.

My second TS, Playa Del Sol Grand in Nuevo Vallarta, I again bought pre-construction in 2002. Had not yet found the wonder of the resale market. Found TUG after i got back. Again I paid too much.

But there it is - still I am hoping to get the most i can out of them and be an all-around happy traveler and someday get to my dream exchanges!

Comment

Welcome, Zendala. Don't worry about having paid too much; just maximize the returns on what you have now. There are many knowledgable people here who can help you with so many things. Please feel to contribute also - we would love to hear from you often.
                          Jacki

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I just discovered this site yesterday from TUG. I was jlf on the old TUG and jfrisk on the new TUG & tstips.

I don't post a lot but visit on a regular basis.

My husband & I are retired so we can travel in offseason. We bought our 1st timeshare EOY in 2001. We didn't know about TUG. Went for the bribe, bought instead and never used the bribe. That was at Carriage Hills in Ontarion north of Toronto. We always deposit our week as a 1 bedroom and studio so that we get two weeks for exchanging.

We used many Extra Vacations on South Carolina at Presidential Villas at Plantation before the prices were jacked up in 2004.

Because of the dramatic jump in the cost of EV we bought another timeshare to use right next door at Country Club Villas.

Country Club is the classic example of a property that was not cared for and owners walked away etc. The HOA took charged and via special assesments over a number of years every unit was gutted.

There is an inhouse sales person and the weeks are priced to sell to obtain owners who will pay ongoing maintence fees. Thanks to my education earned opn TUG I guess the situation before we even toured the poroperty.

RCI has given the property a Gold Crown again. It is a very small property next to Deertrack Golf, doesn't have activities etc but we go for the golf so it is perfect for us. Owners get free green fees on a number of area golf courses.

Although we own a fixed week, white and blue season owners can float their week anytime between 1 - 14 and 44 - 52 both internally or in the small SPM network.

We have exchanged to Wales, narrowboat in England, inland Texas, Florida and will be going to the Big Island for back to back weeks in 2007.

Judy

Comment

Welcome, Judy. Glad to have you aboard. Please come and post often.
                              Jacki

Comment

Hi folks!

We're still timesharing apprentices, having been at it for about 5 years now. We got our start on Kauai, and as the profile notes, just can't get enough of the island. Returned from the Lawai Beach Resort 2 weeks ago today and purchased our 3rd week there within a week of returning home!

Now we've got lots of experience at traveling with teens and their friends, a bit regarding Ormond Beach (FL), and a fair amount about Kauai. Always interested in sharing stories and tips.

Haole-Don

Comment

Working...
                                X