Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My name is Trevor and I am from north of Toronto, Ontario. I was very inlvolved posting in TUG in the past but have not had time to post in the past six months. I went back to TUG to see whats new and found everyone now over here. Good grief, I have missed a ton in the past three months. TSTIPS? No need to reply, I read enough.

I consider many here my old friends starting with buff who our families hooked up for together for a week in the Cayman Islands two years ago. Greetings to tonyg, the first person to send me a personal e-mail from the old TUG days to let me know who the real scoop on a lot of important things - specifically how not to waste money in buying SA t/s from certain persons.

I own five SA t/s and one Australian points resort.

I send greetings to bigfrank who I think very highly of and by my own stupidity missed meeting for dinner when he was in my home city two years ago. Regrets!

And finally thanks to Conch Man who again has been nice and left my name available knowing that I had it first on TUG and he generously has allowed me to keep it through TSTIPS and now here.

Trevor

PS - no Fletch I guess... alas he is remembered well.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor
      My name is Trevor and I am from north of Toronto, Ontario. I was very inlvolved posting in TUG in the past but have not had time to post in the past six months. I went back to TUG to see whats new and found everyone now over here. Good grief, I have missed a ton in the past three months. TSTIPS? No need to reply, I read enough.

I consider many here my old friends starting with buff who our families hooked up for together for a week in the Cayman Islands two years ago. Greetings to tonyg, the first person to send me a personal e-mail from the old TUG days to let me know who the real scoop on a lot of important things - specifically how not to waste money in buying SA t/s from certain persons.

I own five SA t/s and one Australian points resort.

I send greetings to bigfrank who I think very highly of and by my own stupidity missed meeting for dinner when he was in my home city two years ago. Regrets!

And finally thanks to Conch Man who again has been nice and left my name available knowing that I had it first on TUG and he generously has allowed me to keep it through TSTIPS and now here.

Trevor

PS - no Fletch I guess... alas he is remembered well.

Trevor my man welcome aboard. It will be nice to have you here. I meet the other Trevor in Sanibell last month, He is realy a nice guy. We shared a cigar togehter.
      Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Hello

Hi there, My name is Larry and I live in South Florida. I am interested in getting involved in timeshare from a vacation point of view, as well as possibly as a business. Does anyone know how the foreclosure process works for timeshares in florida. Is it just like a regular mortgage foreclosure? Any help with this would be much appreciated. I am an attorney and would be happy to reciprocate with any other legal information or advice in exchange for someone pointing me in the right direction with this issue. Looking forward to enjoying the resource you have developed here and sharing my experiences with all of you.

Larry

Comment

Problem getting into the chat room

Also, if anyone can help me get into the chat room, that would be great. When I click chat, it just loads up to a blue screen and stops. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by LFranco
            Hi there, My name is Larry and I live in South Florida. I am interested in getting involved in timeshare from a vacation point of view, as well as possibly as a business. Does anyone know how the foreclosure process works for timeshares in florida. Is it just like a regular mortgage foreclosure? Any help with this would be much appreciated. I am an attorney and would be happy to reciprocate with any other legal information or advice in exchange for someone pointing me in the right direction with this issue. Looking forward to enjoying the resource you have developed here and sharing my experiences with all of you.

Larry
            Larry Welcome aboard. I would recommend posting in the Florida board if it is only Florida that you are interested in. If you want other areas post in the General timeshare discussions or timeshare economics using a new thread. Also keep your eyes open there are also keep your eyes open here. There are alot of times members just want to give away there timeshares and will post here.

Comment

Originally posted by LFranco
              Also, if anyone can help me get into the chat room, that would be great. When I click chat, it just loads up to a blue screen and stops. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Larry
              Chat room is currently down. We are working on it.

Comment

The chat room is currently out of service after some site tweeking when our server went down last week. Ken is working on it and I'm sure he will let us know when it's fixed. Welcome aboard ! If you are dying to try out a chat room, Fern has one where we meet up on Sunday nights at 8 PM EST: http://timeshare-guru.com/chat.html
                You might want to check in out beforehand to see if you need to add software to use it.

Comment

Talkamotta

Hi Im LouAnn. I go by the name of talkamotta, its from History of the World part I. (A Mel Brooks film) In the show there is a little song that they sing it goes "Hey Talkamotta what do you say, I just got back from the Auta de Fay....on and on... Something that I shouldna but I do anyway." I got married young and have 5 children. Now that the kids are grown I can finish my childhood. Im the party grandma and I do things on impulse and try new things and Im having the time of my life. I used to put 5+ children in a hotel room for soccor tournaments, kids in sleeping bags, cleaning out cereal bowls in the bathroom sink......one time me and the soccor coach took 18 kids to Vegas for a tournament. I only wished I knew and could afford timeshares then.
                  I have 7 timeshares 1-Maui 1-Myrtle Beach and the rest in Florida. It might be too many but between me and the kids and their families and some friends, they get used. Im a member of TUG and belong to SFX, RCI and II. Thanks to everyone at TUG, Im learning how to use my timeshares in the best way, maybe I will modify them a little and pick 1 or 2 exchange companies. I think this will be another source of information from the PRO's. Thanks everyone.

Comment

Hey it's Misales wandering over

I'm a dutch boy from dutch country Michigan. I bought three timeshares on ebay over a year ago now (thank god not from a developer). I have found that using the condos for vacation is much better than a hotel and I use them advantageousley. I don't have a lot of "red" so to speak but surprisingly I have done very well with RCI on the trading end.

1. Plantation falls creek branson ($500)

2. Harbor Cover Michigan ($200)

3. Lakeview Resort Club West Virginia ($200)

We just got back from Las vegas a couple of weeks ago, traded our 2br branson for HGVC Strip 1br (didn't take daughter so 1br is fine).

We are going to Westgate Orlando area for Thanksgiving week, traded Harbor Cove 2br for Westgate 2br plus loft.

I might not be traveling during peak periods but I actually prefer it as it is less busy. I don't like crowds, I prefer peace!

Comment

• Misales thank you for joining. I think you will enjoy this site.

Comment

• I'm Pstreet1--here and everywhere else too; I have to keep the same name; otherwise, I'd forget what name to use (senior moments can happen at any time). Terry and I bought our first timeshare, re-sale, about 7 years ago, and have been lots of places because of timeshares that we never would have gone otherwise. That first one has long since been sold, but I have managed to accumulate many more to take its place: 3 South African ones, one Williamsburg one (yes, mistake), one Christy Lodge (yes, mistake), and Worldmark. I've just taken the plunge into RCI points with an Australian timeshare and have happily banked the South African units. I'm hoping that with their combined strength they will be able to get trades I want.

Currently, DH and I are at our second home in Rosarito Beach, Mexico, just south of San Diego, listening to the waves and enjoying the cool breezes. We are not missing Phoenix at this point.

Pat
                        "You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity." Adrian Rogers

Comment

• Pat it's nice to see you here. Thank you for coming over.

Comment

• Hi Big Frank & everyone else,
                            I'm a veteran member of TUG and a former Moderator. My TUG handle is 'philemer'. I'm not sure why I chose a new handle for this BBS. I've heard variety is the spice of life though.

Started in the t/s world with two SA purchases and later on added a TX, UT and HI week. Sold one of my SA weeks last winter. I have been pleased with my trades so far (RCI, TPI & SFX). Hoping this BBS will grow & prosper.

Phil

Comment

• Welcome Pstreet and phil. Nice to see a couple of familiar new faces.

Comment

• Hi I'm Irene and love to travel

Hi I'm Irene (IreneLF) and found the TUG boards a yr and a half ago. Unlike many, I only own one timeshare, Smugglers Notch in VT., but have traveled a lot (mostly before the kids came along ) and try to help where I can.
                                I just met Big Frank at the McCartney concert and he's posted a picture of us - I must say we are both cuter than that ) and that is how I found my way to these boards.
                                My family consists of my long time husband and a 14 y.o. son and 12 y.o. daughter. It's because of the kids that we don't own more timeshares, (they eat all the money in various ways) but also because of them that we do -- after staying in a 2 BR unit there was no way I was ever going back to a hotel room for longer than a night or two.
                                I've learned a lot from all the people on TUG and just want to thank everyone for all the tips, past and future!

Comment

Working...
                                X