Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SharonD
    Our most exciting upcoming exchange is to the Marriott in Phuket, Thailand.
    Hi Sharon, Check in With Faust who is one of the Moderators here in the RCI Exchange Opportunities board. I believe he knows a lot about this area as he is also going there. I know Ken does a lot of research and I am sure he would be delighted to share information with you.
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

• I became a timeshare owner in June, 2005 after I put in a what I considered a low bid on Ebay for a floating week at Polynesian Isles Resorts. I had been interested in getting into timesharing and had been looking at postings on Ebay. I didn't think my bid would win. However, to my shock, I was the winner. My husband and I traded our 2005 week for a Labor Day 2006 week in Hawaii. We've stayed at 2 timeshare resorts so far, once with my sister and her husband who are owners, and we got an extra vacation at Colonial Williamsburg. So far we're very happy with timesharing and I've enjoyed reading many posts here and on TUG. I'm looking forward to many years of vacations at fun spots all over the country and maybe the world.

Sue

Comment

• Hello,everyone. I am JackieV from Green Bay, WI (Go, Pack, Go???!) We started timesharing after renting a week in Orlando when my kids were young and loved the extra space! The kids are now 10 and 13. We have 2 timeshares. One is the Harbor Club in Palm Coast, Florida, and the other a summer week at Brewster Green in Cape Cod (both bought on the secondary market). We have had some wonderful times exchanging our times shares. We decided to cancel our plans to go to the Grand Mayan over Christmas due to hurricane damage. However, in 2006, we'll be doing two timeshare weeks in Hawaii (2BRs Kahana Falls and Paniolo Greens), and then we'll be going to Scottsdale over Thanksgiving (3BR Scottsdale Camelback).

In addition to timesharing, we love to cruise. I have a CruiseOne franchise and work out of my home planning vacations for others, inclusing cruises, Disney vacations, tours, and all inclusives. Many times I have turned to these types of boards for help if I have not been to a particular destination.

In terms of timesharing plans, we are always looking at trying something new. We have been trading through RCI and have been pleased with our exchanges, even though both of our resorts also trade through II. At some point, we would like to pick up a property in one of the systems such as Mariott, Hilton, or Fairfield (at which time we will want to sell one of our existing weeks).

I look forward to "meeting" all of you through these boards.

Comment

• Jimster

I an a former teacher and a practicing attorney in Illinois. I have a wife and two adult children. We have been doing timeshare activities for about 7 years. I am frequently on TUG and have been a member for 5 years although I've been more involved in the last year since I am now semi-retired. I have made probably 25-30 exchanges and have stayed in timeshares in the US and Hungary, Italy, Spain, & Greece. I own three timeshares.

Comment

• Hi everybody

I am JoyC from CT. I have been a member of TUG for a few years. I have two school age kids, so we travel during school vacation time which is always difficult to trade. Thanks to TUG, I was able to book 1 1/2 - 2 years in advance and have some wonderful vacations. Timeshare has also allowed us to take vacation with our family and friends

As my kids are getting older, they have more and more school activities which make long range vacation more challenging. I own number of timeshares: Manhattan Club and a few of summer cape weeks are within driving distant for us. I belong to both RCI and II, but hope I can do more direct exchange with other members. My experience with direct exchanges has been great.

Lately, I have helped a couple of our friends with their vacation. It is always fun to find something for them.

Happy holidays to you all!!!

Comment

• Hello everyone!

I am Sherry, Gramma of 5, hence the name. I have been a TUG member for about 4 years and own 2 SA timeshares. My husband & I have been empty nesters for over 10 years and are looking forward to retiring in the next 3 yrs. We have made great exchanges with our t/s's, always booking 1-1 1/2yrs. ahead. We have also given weeks to our children and grandchildren for Christmas gifts. Recently we have used them to book a nearby (3hrs away) resort that is on a beautiful lake and within easy driving distance. By booking so far out we get prime summer weeks and take the grandchildren on a summer vacation...This year (and next) we booked it for Christmas and had a wonderful relaxing holiday in front of the fireplace and watching crazy Minnesotans ice fish and drive their trucks & SUV's on the ice! They even play ice golf and put Christmas trees on the fairways(lake)!!!! I look forward to enjoying both T/S boards.
              Sherry

Comment

• I live in the Northwest with my husband. We are new "empty nesters". Yeah! But still paying the college tuitions. Have had a timeshare for five years; found TUG last summer and the learning curve has been high ever since. I spend alot of time reading here and on TUG and have finally begun to take full advantage of our timeshare through Royal Aloha Vacation Club. Not ready to jump into adding to our profile yet, but now I know what I want. I certainly appreciate the wealth of information you all are willing to share.

Hope

Comment

• Hi everyone! I don't own any timeshares yet, but I'm looking around and asking alot of questions. I am also a member at TUG. I work for a textiles plant (Nylon) in Virginia. Happy New Year to all !!!

Comment

• Hi,

we own 2 timeshares - one RCI points which we bought from the developer (never again) and one week in Cabo that was given to us by my Mother. We have been timesharing for about 3 years now, and we love it. I am a TUG member, and new to this site also. I have been sucking up as much info as possible the past 6 months on TUG and here more recently and we will probably be trying to add a timeshare or two in the near future.

Thanks for such a great site and friendly people.

Tim

Comment

• Glad to be here

My name is Eileen . I stumbled onto this board a while ago, never bookmarked it, and got pointed in the right direction again tonight I've been a member of TUG and am glad to see so many familiar faces (?). My husband, Jack and I entered the world of timesharing through the back door. My Mom bought a 4 bedroom week 8 at Powhatan in Williamsburg, thinking we would have a family vacation every year. She didn't check to see that our school break was week 7. In '89 she gave it to us because she couldn't use it any more. 9 months later she died, leaving a Brigantine Inn in NJ as part of her estate. She loved to gamble! None of the other heirs wanted it so we bought it from the estate at resale prices. On an exchange in 2001 we went to Broadway Plantation the winter they converted to Starwood and were so impressed with the much grander look that we fell and bought a 2 bedroom EOY from the developer. Can't say we regretted it too much - averaged out the great priced ones. And we ended upgrading for more Options. Not till 2 yrs ago did I find TUG and start to learn. Our next purchase was an ebay bargain. Overgrown Orlando, but wk 16 which is Easter week many years - 3 bedroom. I'm hoping it will prove a good trader. My husband is a School Superintendent and I'm now a School Nurse, both retiring in 3 years. We plan to string our weeks and fill in with Last Calls to snowbird away from our Western NY home near Lake Erie. It's great to find another forum to visit, learn and hopefully contribute to.
                      Eileen

Comment

• Howdy,

I'm new here, slid over from TUG. Been timesharing for a couple of years now with a small number of Fairfield points, mainly doing trades. What an unexpected addiction! Anyway, this site looks like another good way to help stay on top of things!

Debbie

Comment

• Debbie are you the same Debbie I meet in HH.

Comment

• Probably not if I have to ask... what is HH?

Comment

• Originally posted by DebbieM
                              Probably not if I have to ask... what is HH?
                              Hilton Head

Comment

• I was half right -- all I was coming up with was Hilton Honors (the loyalty program)! Never been to Hilton Head. Yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X