Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My name is Gary and I am married with 2 children. I got into timesharing about 2 years ago. Luckily I had found TUG first and I bought my FF points resale. I read constantly about how to use my points and try to learn all I can about it. I am addicted to the boards on the internet that discuss all of the options. (TUG, FF yahoo, here.) I am a school teacher and my wife is an office administrator. We have lots of time to vacation in the summer just wish I had more $$$$ to do it with!!! Someday...

Comment

• Glad to have found this forum.

Hello, my husband and I bought our timeshare in December of 2004 while visiting Las Vegas. We bought a two bedroom from Westgate at Flamingo Bay. We liked that is was off the strip(therefore quiet) and that the converted condo's felt more like a home away from home than a hotel room. We only exchanged once with it and are going to San Carlos, Mexico in a week. Not sure how it is going to exchange for places like Cabo or Hawaii. We are looking at buying another ts, but resale this time. It's great to have found this forum(and tug) there is sooo much info on here and so much I did not know about timeshares. I am slowly learning what I needed to know in Dec. 2004! Thank you! Kirsten.

Comment

• Hi! My name is Ron married with 2 children. Got into timesharing 2 years ago with the help of TUG. Now looking for a second week. Need to learn more about points.

Comment

• I am Ethel from North Carolina. I have been around on the Tug board for several years. I am addicted to timesharing and vacationing. Our nest of one son is empty but he joins us on vacation, often times without being invited, as much as he can take off from work. I love having him with us. Our favorite vacation has been Aruba and now we are trying to plan annual vacations there.

Just as I was feeling really comfortable with weeks trade, I joined RCI points. I get excited whan I can answer some of the newbie questions. Right now the points are working for me. I am considering Fairfield points. I want to know more before I leap.

This forum is wonderful. Thanks for having me as a member.

Ethel

Comment

• Hello

From Eastern Iowa - right on the Mississippi River - where we sit and drink morning coffee and look over the river to Illinois - and where we have spent many summers cuising and camping on the river - from Hannibal, MO to above MPLS - and then just before retiring nearly 8 years ago - found timesharing - and did travelled in all 48 lower states within the first 4.5 years of being retired - not planned - just happened - and have since expanded travel to Canada - Carribean - Mexico - and have travelled to 38? states plus a couple of providence in Canada and a week in Dominican Republic with g'daughters - also spend from 10 - 16 weeks at a northern MN lake place - have sandwiched in one 14 day Panama cruise - plus still an active farmer in Iowa - gosh - I sure hate retirement....... yuck yuck *S*S**

Comment

• Introduction

Hello everyone:

My wife and I, and our two kids have been time sharing for the last 10 years. We own two timeshares in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, a week 13 at Ocean Sands that, until this year, we always went to (this year our kid's spring breaks are on different weeks) and a floater at Coconut Palms which we have always traded thru II. For those of you who don't know, New Smyrna is about 20 miles south of Daytona, just north of the Canaveral National Seashore (where no cars are allowed). New Smyrna is where the "locals" go when they go to the beach. Very family-friendly and low-keyed. Beautiful beach. We were even able to see a Shuttle launch from the beach a few years ago. Huge plume of white smoke against the blue sky--very cool. Ocean Sands is a small two story resort on the beach with a nice pool/hot tub and comfortable accommodations. Nothing fancy, but who cares since you are on the beach most of the time anyway. It has been recently refurbished since the hurricanes of 2 years ago. We are going to bank our week 13 this year with DAE--I'll let you all know how if goes, since this is our first time with DAE.

Roger

Comment

• Hi there!

I've been involved with timesharing for about four years now. I met another self employed business owner who told me he only way he ever forced himself to go on vacation was to buy resale timeshare. I took his advice and got resale Worldmark and then 2 SA (Durban Sands). It was a great move, as we have traveled all over the Northwest, British Columbia, and Kauai on great trades. I have a very successful window cleaning firm, which gives me a little more time to goof off when there is a record 29 straight days of rain in Seattle. I just got back from 3 1/2 weeks on Kauai, which was having a record drought while I was there.

FAVORITE TRADES:
                Embassy Poipu Point
                Cliffs Resort
                Club Intrawest Whistler
                Aviawest Pacific Shores
                Twin Peaks Whistler

OK TRADES:
                Lawai Beach Resort
                Kauai Beach Villas
                Wapato Point
                Aspens Whistler
                Lake Placid Whistler
                Northstar Whistler

FAVORITE HOME RESORTS
                Worldmark Birch Bay
                Worldmark Seaside
                Worldmark Victoria

Comment

• Hi there!

I've been involved with timesharing for about four years now. I met another self employed business owner who told me he only way he ever forced himself to go on vacation was to buy resale timeshare. I took his advice and got resale Worldmark and then 2 SA (Durban Sands). It was a great move, as we have traveled all over the Northwest, British Columbia, and Kauai on great trades. I have a very successful window cleaning firm, which gives me a little more time to goof off when there is a record 29 straight days of rain in Seattle. I just got back from 3 1/2 weeks on Kauai, which was having a record drought while I was there.

FAVORITE TRADES:
                  Embassy Poipu Point
                  Cliffs Resort
                  Club Intrawest Whistler
                  Aviawest Pacific Shores
                  Twin Peaks Whistler

OK TRADES:
                  Lawai Beach Resort
                  Kauai Beach Villas
                  Wapato Point
                  Aspens Whistler
                  Lake Placid Whistler
                  Northstar Whistler

FAVORITE HOME RESORTS
                  Worldmark Birch Bay
                  Worldmark Seaside
                  Worldmark Victoria

Comment

• I live in Fife, Scotland and am married with one son. We bought our first timeshare in 1998 at Garden Lago, Mallorca (our favourite holiday island) and have since bought 2 more weeks at Sudwala Lodge.
                    Some of the resorts we have visited include Tenerife (Hollywood Mirage, Santa Barbara, Club Casablanca), Gran Canaria (Gran Anfi), Lanzarote (Las Calas 3), Fuerteventura(Playa Park), Mallorca (Cala de Mar, Garden Lago), Orlando (Vistana, HGVC on I-Drive), England (Walton Hall).
                    Going back to Mallorca this year (Cala de Mar, Aucanada Club)

Willie

Comment

• I live in Fife, Scotland and am married with one son. We bought our first timeshare in 1998 at Garden Lago, Mallorca (our favourite holiday island) and have since bought 2 more weeks at Sudwala Lodge.
                      Some of the resorts we have visited include Tenerife (Hollywood Mirage, Santa Barbara, Club Casablanca), Gran Canaria (Gran Anfi), Lanzarote (Las Calas 3), Fuerteventura(Playa Park), Mallorca (Cala de Mar, Garden Lago), Orlando (Vistana, HGVC on I-Drive), England (Walton Hall).
                      Going back to Mallorca this year (Cala de Mar, Aucanada Club)

Willie

Comment

• Hi

I/we have been timesharing for about 10 years now, we are in our late thirties with 12 year old twins. I rescinded a las vegas HGVC purchase and bought my brother's Wesgate Vacation Villas 1 bedroom unit, before I discovered TUG. Even though I didn't pay retail I still paid too much for Orlando. Discovered SA a few years back and now own 3 units. Sold the Westgate at a loss but still way ahead of the game.

Reshelle and I met several TUGGERs in Cancun at a get together about 3 years ago.(TonyG was the organizer I believe) We had a great time. Finally going back this March to VCI. And next March to Royal Mayan.

I would like to find very good trader for a reasonable price and maintenance fee in US, otherwise I will just rent, since SA advantage has all but disappeared. Looking forward to seeing this board grow

Comment

• Welcome (John ?). If I recall correctly, you stayed at the Avalon Grand back then in 2002.

Comment

• Introduction

My name is Richard (Dick) hence the TD. I am not an expert on anything, but I enjoy reading the forums and constantly learning. I live in the far "Frozen North" and only wish I had the luxury of being closer to a timeshare than a 12 hour drive. I guess I am what you call a sandybagger, but by the time I get logged on and read the boards, anything that I could add to a post has already been said! We own three weeks, 1 in New Smyrna Beach and 2 in SA. (How could I resist Dik weeks?) All purchased "resale"! Been following the crowd from tug to tips to TSF.
                            Just like to thank everyone for the information they so willingly share!

TD

Comment

• Hello

My wife and I have been Timeshare owners since 2002. We own At Bluebeard's Beach Club on the island of St. Thomas, USVI. Our current pride and joy is our granddaughter, Rylee Margaret. I joined this forum in order to obtain more insight into the wide world of timeshares regarding the pluse's and minus's of ownership from a broad number of insightful members.
                              David and Charlotte Stephenson
                              Franklin, TN

Comment

• Hi, my name is Shelley and I live in Maryland. I've only been a timeshare owner since late 2004, so I still have much to learn. I been over at TUG for a while and have read some here, but finally decided to register.

I am grateful to all those who share their knowledge and hope that I will be able to contribute as well. (though, admittedly, I know little!!)

Comment

Working...
                                X