Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice to see so many new people lately. Welcome to all! Some of the people here know so much and are willing to share.

Comment

• Hello...Need Help

We are Dwight & Debbie. We've lived in south Florida for 20years and have recently started to travel more often. We both work full time so we don't travel as often as we would like. We have just started looking into time shares and it seem like the more we search the more confused we get. We've narrowed it down to being stuck in one location and time forever to travel the world for free.
      So for now we are just trying to educate ourselves before we buy anything. Any imput will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• What you have posted is too large to digest and respond.

Break it down into smaller portions.

Say, I or others could answer five questions for you. What is the first one.?

Probably it would be best to ask in other forums rather than in an introductory thread.
        Mark B.

Comment

• Newbies...

Hi,

We're based in the UK & recently attended a presentation in Marriott France, loved it so much we bought 2 weeks...Upon our return home I flew off on business for a week or so & luckily the wife looked into resale!!!!

She saved us a small fortune!! Needless to say we cancelled our weeks direct & bought 4 weeks resale for the same money!!

Marriott wanted £10,100 per 2 bed silver week (total £20,200)

We bought (all MVCI):

1 x 2 bed silver - D'Ile de France
          1 x 3 bed silver - D'Ile de France
          1 x 2 bed silver - Marbella Beach Resort
          1 x 3 bed silver - Club Son Antem

Total cost - £20k inc fees

Now we've just bought a Sport & Summer week in Cypress Harbour

More than we need? For sure, but we thought we'd give it a bash, afterall you only live once!!

For us, we were spending on average £5k per year on vacations which, were increasing by maybe 10-15% year on year for the same locations & same type of accomodation.

Now we know that our overheads are pretty much fixed, & we can endeavour to rent a couple of weeks here & there to re-coup a little.

Now we're trying to work out all the intricacies of exchanges & rentals etc...

Here's to many happy holidays

Lee & Leigh

Comment

• Help. This is my first time in a chat room and I can seem to figure it out at all. I have two timeshares at marriot ocean watch villas in myrtle beach. They are two bedroom two bath. Booked for august 4 through the l8th. I will not be able to use them and want to rent them. Yes they are for 2006. Again I say help. Gayle

Comment

• Brand New

Hi All - My name is Barbara and I found this website from a Google search about timeshare resales. My hubby and I are considering buying our first timeshare and just did a tour with the Marriott Shadow Ridge in Palm Springs this week. We are now considering at Lake Tahoe - trying to find a place that he and I can agree on - and will look at the Ridge Tahoe.

We've come to the conclusion that resales is the way to go, but we both want to be as educated as we can before making the plunge. Any comments on annual or EOY ownership pro's and con's would be greatly appreciated, along with resort experiences.

Our main goal was to find a spot within driving distance of no more than 8 hours that would be suitable for our family of 5 (mom & dad, 2 young adult sons and one teenage son) - and our dear daughter-in-law to be. It can be a real challenge to find a place that satisfies everyone.

This will be quite an experience for us! Barb

Comment

• Hello, I found this site on Google searching timeshares. I recently purchased 210,000 points with Fairfield out of Skyline Towers in Atlantic city, NJ. This is my first timeshare.

Comment

I am a Fairfield owner. Own FF Branson and Smoky Mountains. We spend time between FF Branson, FF Ft Lauderdale Palm Aire, and Palm Springs. Heard about this forum from a Fairfield web site. Looks as though there is quite a bit of info to be found here. I hope to contribute in the future. brendastarr

Comment

• Thanks for the welcome!

Hi - We bought a timeshare in Orlando on a sales pitch (of course we said we wouldn't do this!) but it actually has worked out well. I don't know if it was a great deal or not, but it certainly has saved our big family(4 boys and 1 girl) lots of hotel room money! We've been able to exchange, one of the best being at Palmas del Mar in Puerto Rico. My son and his college friends used our Orlando one during spring break, which was a nice gift to him!!

Comment

• Hi All - I own at Fairfield Branson and timesharing has completely spoiled me! Now hotels seem so cramped and bare. I just wish I'd known about resales before I bought develop's points.I've been a member for several months but haven't posted before this. Someone on the Fairfield Yahoo group posted that timeshareforums had started a Fairfield group so I thought I'd check it out and get acquainted. Patricia

Comment

• hi

Hi, I'm marcy from long island ny, i own a timeshare at cocoa beach florida on the ocean, christmas week, and i am in the process of buying fairfield points.
                        my husband and i have two teenage children.

Comment

• New member introduction

Hello, my name is Steve Karolek. I live in Pewaukee, WI and with my wife Teresa and kids own two timeshares, 154K points at Fairfield Ocean Ridge (Edisto Island, SC) and a "fall color" week at Fairfield Peppertree at Tamarack (Wisconsin Dells). We've experienced a dozen or so exchanges to FF Bay, FF Glade, Causeway on Gull, Sunterra Greensprings Plantation, FF Kingsgate, FF Branson, Orange Lake Country Club, Fox Hills and a few others that I can't remember at the moment. I love to go to a new place every year and look forward to learning about more opportunities here. I'm also a member of TUG and various Yahoo groups related to Fairfield timeshares.

Steve K

Comment

• Steve-15 posts and you get to see our sightings. I see we disagree on one thing though- I like cheap beer, preferablly Milwaukee's Best (you probably call it Pewaukee's Best).

Comment

• Hello from TheDukeofPaducah

I am a new member of this forum. We are points owners in Hilton Head and at 2 locations in Williamsburg (Fairfield and Sunterra) and a weks owner in Crossville , TN.By juggling our points, we usually make perhaps 10 exchanges a year, and have gone all over Mainland USA and Canada and to Hawaii thrre times. Also, we have exchanged in Scotland and England, and in Spain, and tin Switzerland and Austria.

I found this forum from a remark by Carolinian in the TUG site. I am struck by the nuimber of familiam names here from my TUG membership. It's almost as if I am in the TUG board when I go online here. And yes, I have a different "handle" here than in TUG.

I am retired after working many years in the Nuclear industry and fortunately enjoy good health and the opportunity to travel frequently.

Comment

• From Sunny Florida

Hello all! I just registered and wanted to verify I am posting ok.

We are awaiting the closing of our very first timeshare (Fairfield points) -bought resale - at FF Glade, TN. I hope to both learn and help as I'm able. This purchase would not have been possible without the advice of experienced TS owners who give their advice generously. Thanks!

Debbie
                                May God bless your day! --- Debbie in "usually" sunny Florida <><

Comment

Working...
                                X