Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello,

My name is Tim. I have joined this site in the hopes of finding a good honeymoon spot. My parents own a few weeks and placed my brother and I on the deeds. My parents have also graciously provided my finance and I with an exchange week to use for our honeymoon. I am hoping to find the correct forum to make a posting in soon. Until then take care.

Tim

Comment

• A Newbie here

My name is Johanna and live in Raleigh,NC with my newlywed husband, Steve.
      We got married September 2005, but have owed a timeshare in Orange Lake,Fl for 3years. We have been very disappointed using RCI for our trades as they either are not honest with us or we cannot get the trades we would like.
      We have depoisted our week well in advance and still they could not provide us with what we wanted. Anyway I hope to get some new insites from the people here on trading our week. That was one of the main reasons for buying other then we like having a place to go with our kids and grandkids.

Traveling is what we like to do, have been cruising at least 1 week a year and have gone for a 2week honeymoon to Europe. Hope to be able to use our timeshare to see more of the world.

Johanna

Comment

• My name is Becky.

I've been a member of TUG for a little over a year now. I recently joined the TUG BBS and was referred to timeshareforums. It looks like there's a lot to absorb here. I'm still trying to learn the ropes, so I look forward to reading some posts!

Both of my T/S purchases were resale. I was fortunate enough to talk to a TUGger before making my first purchase.
        Becky

Comment

• Newbie On Board

Hi Folks--

Been a Tugger for a couple of years, and saw some interesting forums here. I hope to contribute some.

Comment

• I'm a newbie also

My husband and I own 2 timeshares in Maui and have been trying to exchange with II since Feb 2006 for a ***k in Buenos Aries and have had no luck. Dies anyone have a suggestion on what to do, we are leaving for Argentina the end of August and II keeps trying to confirm us in Uraguay. All very frustrating and my time is running out.

Comment

• A Newbie here

hello, My name is Gary. I own in both Fairfield Points VIP Gold and Worldmark.

Comment

• Hi there!

My first post here. I'm now living in St Louis, MO and am new to TS. I've attended several sales meetings and was always stopped by the cost. After finding the resale market I've bought my first TS in New Orleans, a city I never tire of. I am looking for addition weeks at other cities that I'd want to spent time in. I've come to this group from FairField Yahoo Group(s). I won't post much, but plan to read and learn! Thanks...

Comment

• A Little About Our Timeshare Experience

We bought our first timeshare in Palm Springs about 10 years ago. We've never stayed at our home resort becaue we've always exchanged for vacation stays at other resorts. We really liked the concept of being able to travel internationally and stay in accomodations more like home and less like a hotel. We own in Carlsbad, Palm Springs, Anaheim and WorldMark/TrendWest.

We have two kids. The oldest will be off to college next year. We looking for the day when my husband and I can retire and just travel on a whim.

The units at Carlsbad Seapointe are exceptional. We stayed at the Celebrity Resorts in Reno, NV (dump); Americana Villeage in Lake Tahoe, NV (above average accomodations). Vistana Resort in Orlando, FL (nice accomodations and amenities) and various other locations.

We're going to be staying at The Manhattan Club in uptown New York in a few weeks. We want to take tours of Ground Zero, Broadway shows and get real authentic pizza ala New York style.

Comment

• Hi I am new here we are silver owners with Bluegreen and I am very confused. But I must thank Bocabum for being so knowledgable and helping me get to this site. I am overwhelmed by the information here but I know I will soon get it all together and be able to utilize my ownership to its fullest. Thanks for a great site !!!!

Comment

• Another newbie

Hello,

New member here - DH and I are still debating about taking the plunge into buying a timeshare. We love travelling, but so far, being just the two of us, it has been much cheaper using hotels (go priceline!). However, now that DD is on the scene (and may have company later), we are seriously thinking of a points-based system to size-proof our future needs.

Lots of helpful insights and info here. Thanks a lot!

Desi

PS - I just love lurking here and reading about the 15 timeshare weeks people have, and the gazillion weeks they got out of them.... lovely!

Comment

• Welcome

Welcome to all of your new members. This is a fun BBS site. You can learn a lot of about timesharing in general, find great exchange information (after 15 posts), and help others.
                        Mike H
                        Wyndham Fairshare Plus Owners, Be cool and join the Wyndham/FairfieldHOA forum!

Comment

I'm new to this site, but not to timesharing. We bought our first resort in Park City over 20 years ago. Since that time we've gradually been adding resorts, mainly through resales. My husband is retired, and I am self-employed, so we try to travel quite a bit. We have 4 children, 3 in Utah and one in Vermont, all married, 3 of the 4 with children.

Places we own: 2 on S. California Coast--Oceanside and San Diego. One inland in Escondido.

2 in Park City.

Fairfield points bought because of the PIC program so we could PIC our older Park City Resort.

A minimum number of WorldMark Points. Better than FF because they are mostly in the western U.S. where we live.

Places we've stayed include resorts in CA, OR, ID, UT, AZ, TN, MI, MA, FL, HI, NV, VT plus Maine, Spain, Scotland and Canada.

Dianne

Comment

• 1st Timer

I have be into timeshares about 15 years. Bought in at Fairfield Branson on one of those 3 day 2 night come ons. We have updated our points several times and are now VIP Gold. We have stayed at Branson Ark. Ridouso New Mexico, Pagosa Springs, Co. Flagstaff Az, Nashville Tn. Smokey Mountains, Tn. and other RCi resorts.

Comment

• Hello to all..............

Hello to all. My name is Ed Beck --- okay, officially it is Nathan E Beck (but only my bill collectors call me Nathan. My wife, Kay, and I have been timeshare owners for over 20 years; but have only been members of any online timeshare forum for a few weeks. We own all Fairfield points, 846,000 at three resorts --- Star Island, Grand Desert, and Bonnet Creek. We are both retired (Kay still substitute teaches) and both love to travel. We make good use of out timeshares, but probably can do better.

We have heard good things about this site and are excited to be new members. Hopefully, all you folks on this site can "teach an old dog a couple of new tricks"...........

Ed Beck

Comment

• Originally posted by joie3444
                                <<snip>>My name is Johanna ..... We have been very disappointed using RCI for our trades as they either are not honest with us or we cannot get the trades we would like.
                                We have depoisted our week well in advance and still they could not provide us with what we wanted...."

Johanna
                                Hi Johanna,

We are RCI Weeks members. We've also experienced the same issues when trading our home resorts in Palm Springs and Carlsbad, CA. To our disadvantage, we don't immediately spacebank our weeks with RCI after we pay our maintenance/HOA fees.

But, it seems things are turning around in our favor since we purchased with WorldMark/Trendwest last August. I read up on the WorldMark/TrendWest Exchange Plus program. For example, I took weeks with travel windows that started at least 1 year prior that I had already banked with RCI and then traded them over to WorldMark/TrendWest which converted those "weeks" into "points", I then used those WorldMark "points" with RCI to request a timeshare vacation in New York. I was advised by the WorldMark/RCI travel consultant that because I was requesting a reservation in a 3-month window of time that it was *highly* unlikely that they'd be able to find anything for us in New York.

The neat thing about WorldMark is that before you hand over your points to RCI, they do what is called a "Confirm First". I got a call back a few weeks after putting in our "Confirm First" and we ended getting a RCI Gold Crown resort, "The Manhattan Club" in New York. If I would have tried to get this by using my original RCI Weeks, we'd still be searching

Comment

Working...
                                X