Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello,
    We are Dale & Carolyn, we are retired and this is our first entry into timeshare. We are looking forward to traveling utilizing the FF points we purchased (Resale). If it works out the way we expect, I am sure we will be purchasing more points in the future.

Comment

• Hi. We are Greg and Terri in Tennessee. We are still working towards our retirement. But,we still get away about 3 to 4 weeks a year. We own three weeks at Fairfield resorts; Waikiki Beachwalk,Flagstaff and the Mountains (539,000 points).

Greg B.

Comment

• We are happy Fairfield owners for about 6 years. Timeshare vacations are the way to go! It has been great to share vacations with friends and family.

Comment

• I'm Shannon. We own at FF Daytona Beach. We have stayed at FF Nashville, FF Williamsburg Governor's Green and FF Daytona Beach. We purchased about two years ago on a visit to Ft. Lauderdale. We did not want to buy there, so we bought FF Daytona Beach, sight unseen, and love it.

Comment

• Hello From Rowbow in Kansas

I have been a Kansan all my life. I Been into timeshares for about 15 years. Been to Branson several times, also at Fairfield Ark. Rioduso, N.M, Flagstaff Az, Pagosa Springs, Co., Smokey Mountains, Tn., Nashville Tn., Silver Leaf, Mo.. Just back from a Alaska cruise.

Comment

• Hi, I am new to here.

Hello,

I bought 3 timeshares recently, one in Hawaii, another one in Maui and the other is in Big Bear Lake, CA.
              I got a membership with RCI and found it sucks.
              It has been 2 month since I signed up for a membership but I am still waiting for the membership packet.
              I keep getting disconnected while I am searching for exchange and I rarely find exchange opportunities for my deposited week.
              I wonder if their web site is faulty or they just sell popular weeks to point members and giving a few exchange to week members. I don't know but very disappointed.
              I was looking for other's opinion about RCI on the internet then I came across this site.

Anyway, I am glad to be a member of this forum.

Comment

• Hi guys,
                My wife Kathy and I are both retired but active Bluegreen owners. We just got into the timeshare business last year by purchasing several BG resales. We live in NC and are contemplating whether going for gold level with another purchase. BG has one of the best deals going and we are pleased to be affiliated. Same little gripes as everyone else, but overall good! Looking forward to monitoring this site and gaining valuable info. Headed to Falls Village in September for the first time.
                Larry (Reelpops)

Comment

• Hello fellow timeshare enthusiasts

I have been a Tug member for 5 years. I recently visited this timeshare site and think that it will help me complement Tug very well.

I own Marriott Ocean Pointe, Palm Beach, Florida. Very beautiful beach front resort.

Love timesharing as it has given me a chance to visit Maui, Kauai, San Diego, San Francisco, Cancun, Marco Island.

Looking forward to many more wonderful vacations w/family.

Judy

Comment

• Hello!

Hi, I am Pat.

I own week 17 in Westgate Vacation Villas in Kissimmee, Florida. I bought my timeshare 11 years ago when I thought I could get discount tickets to Disney by just having to sit through a seminar for 2 hours. Little did I know that I got talked into buying a 1 bedroom villa without knowing much about timeshare. To make the long story short, I used my week for the first time this year and I didn't get to use or see the inside of my unit because it was undergoing through renovation.

I tried selling my unit through ER Struman four years ago. After paying for the service, I never heard from the company again; have tried contacting the company to find out status, i.e. any interests in my unit from potential buyers, but got nothing. There have been many companies who want to sell my timeshare but then when once bitten, I am twice shy. I am reluctant to sign up with any company without first checking out with members in timeshare forums.

I registered with this forum in the hope that I could learn from others' experience in using, renting and selling their timeshare.

Comment

• Hi Everyone,

I think I'm becoming a timeshare addict! I've been a sometimes-reader of TUG for the last few years, joined the Fairfield yahoo group last year, and each morning the first e-mail I check is regarding timeshares! But I am very happy with all I have learned and feel the knowledge has saved my family a great deal of money - plus GREAT vacations to boot!

We own a fixed week in Iowa (it's close to where we live), a fixed week at Branson Yacht Club, a Mayan Palace week, and two Fairfield contracts at Williamsburg. We have used the PIC program with Fairfield to bring us to the VIP gold level.

Upcoming vacations - Seattle Camlin Hotel for Thanksgiving (a great trade through RCI, using Fairfield points), San Diego Fairfield Harbour Lights and Welk resort in Escondido for Christmas/New Years, and we're in the process of planning for three Fairfield resorts in Tennessee next June. We also have booked Kona Hawaiian Village for Dec. '07 through RCI with just 28K Fairfield points, through a bulk spacebanking.

Timesharing has been a great thing for us. We may not have been too smart in the early days, spent more than we should have, but it has forced us to plan ahead and we have many, many happy family memories from our trip. We own our own business, and planning a year in advance is about the only way for us to ensure a vacation. We can do it through timesharing.

I look forward to learning even more from all of you!

Julie in South Dakota

Comment

• Hi Folks!

Hi Folks! Or should I say hello fellow tuggers. I have been a member of TUG for many years and have enjoyed chatting and BBSing with many of you.
                        I miss the Sunday Chat Room.....has it moved? Where and how do I sign on to it. Fern, I promise to behave, if you let me join in the chat.

Thanks---TerryC

Comment

• Hello Everyone

Hi all, I have just joined this forum to see what its all about really, Im quite new to forums but ive been involved with timeshare for a few years now. Im based in the UK and I have a reasonable knowledge of the timeshare industry, having worked with various resale companies. If anyone needs any help regarding buying or selling timeshare or points I would be happy to help. Im quite busy so ill keep popping back when I can.
                          Best wishes to all.

Comment

Just got back from Vegas. Went with no intentions to buy. Guess what, we bought. Looking for info on how to maximize our purchase. This looks like a good place to start.

Comment

• Originally posted by krboyd View Post
                              Just got back from Vegas. Went with no intentions to buy. Guess what, we bought. Looking for info on how to maximize our purchase. This looks like a good place to start.
                              I would first recommend that you post in a forum that can help you since this thread is for introductions only. YOU can post your question in this forum or timeshare economics.

BTW You may want to rescind asap.
                              Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

• Originally posted by bigfrank View Post
                                BTW You may want to resend asap.
                                I think Frank means, rescind your contract.
                                Mike H
                                Wyndham Fairshare Plus Owners, Be cool and join the Wyndham/FairfieldHOA forum!

Comment

Working...
                                X