Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't I see you over in England a few days ago.

Comment

• Yes, I saw the link for both sites on TUG in the same post, and registered. Thanks for noticing me.
      AKA "Mimi" from Toms River, NJ on TUG

Check out our vacation photos:
      http://picasaweb.google.com/arlineandlou

Comment

• Welcome Arline.

A warm welcome to everyone else. I hope you stick around and get to know us and feel like you fit right in.
        Syd

Comment

• Thanks, Syd
          AKA "Mimi" from Toms River, NJ on TUG

Check out our vacation photos:
          http://picasaweb.google.com/arlineandlou

Comment

• Hi,
            We are Romeo and Willa, and we own a week (38) at Villa L'auberge in San Diego. We also live in Carlsbad, CA.

Comment

• Hello, we just purchased a Blue Green package, looking for feedback....

Hi guys, we are Brian and Donna from NYC and we just spent New Years week at LaCabanna in Aruba.
              While there, we purchased 20,000 BG points for a price of aproximatly $25,000 and our MF will be around $833, plus the BG annual fee of about $129 per year.
              While the package looks great and there are many BG resorts available, as well as the option to use RCI and II for vacation options, I am looking for feedback.
              We can afford this, but, what I am wondering is, does this seem like a good deal?
              The MF seems a bit high from what I have been reading and if I was to sell this timeshare today (wich we are not planning to) is this the kind of thing that will appriciate well?
              I am not sure if we just got caught up in the hype of the sale or if this is a really good deal?
              We are looking for advice from other BG members and other people who have purchased similar plans.
              We love the idea of points rather than a fixed week, but almost $1000 a year in fees, plus the financing of the timeshare seems high, no??
              Any feedback would be greatly appriciated and thanks in advance for all the info I have read here already.
              Sincerely,
              Brian and Donna in NY

Comment

• Owner since 1985 at Carlsbad Inn

Hello to everyone! My hubby, Bruce, and I (Cathy) bought at Carlsbad Inn in 1985 when the first building was still under construction and the pool was a sheet with picture of pool on it. The other building didn't exist! Tennis courts were in the making (lost contract and were cancelled). This was our first timeshare and now we own seven weeks of various types. Loved Carlsbad so much we eventually moved there.

We are on the Owner's Forum and absolutely adore Randy Chapin, the GM. We also are quite familiar with Carlsbad and my hubby volunteers at the Visitor's Center. Would be happy to try to answer any questions about the area.

We travel extensively, heading to Singapore, Thailand and Cambodia in two days for 4 weeks using our Marriott and Starwood points. We are obviously retired and originally from Orange County.

Comment

• New member again

Hi, I visited this site when it first started, and very few people were here, now EVERYBODY is contributing to this site. I bought my first timeshare about 4 yrs ago, 5 marriott resales in 6 months, almost a divorce, then took her to Four Seasons Aviara, Harborside(Atlantis), DVCs, and various Marriotts. No complaints since. I plan/she comes along with our kids and their friends, and recently I have organized large groups(25) of neighbors and family to various locations, and it has been a blast.
                  Almost all of our trips have come through exchanges through II. With our lock-offs and ACs we have about 10 wks per year.
                  With the help of Perrys posts, I have developed(and always tweaking)my timeshare portfolio. Most are low cost lock-offs for trading, but I also rent several which pay for most of my maintainence fees.
                  I use the 13 month-plus for reservatins through Marriott, and have several fixed weeks which I have recently added.
                  I daily read posts, but hopefully will get to 15 soon, so I can see the Eops.
                  I am glad I found everybody,
                  Mark

Comment

• New to this Timeshare Business and worried about it.

Hello Everybody, My name is Dan or DjNoBrow and last Feb 06 me and my wife purchased a timeshare at The Grandview at Las Vegas after we recieved a pitch that seemed like we couldn't refuse. We have a sleep 4 unit for one week every year during the Labour Day Weekend. We felt so great after making this purchase since we had never heard of a deeded week before and thought that this would be great for the future. We have stayed at our unit once since we have bought it and it was fantastic.

That was then and this is now and I must admit that I think I am starting to maybe regret this purchase after reading so many negative posts about RCI. During our purchase they sure made it sound easy and fun to exchange holidays but I am quickly learning things aren't so easily accomplished. As the saying goes "If it sounds to good to be true, it usually is."

Anyways I figured I should join and hopefully I will be able to get a lot of my questions answered from all of you experienced timeshare owners and get advice on how to go about exchanging our timeshare.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJNoBrow
                      Anyways I figured I should join and hopefully I will be able to get a lot of my questions answered from all of you experienced timeshare owners and get advice on how to go about exchanging our timeshare.
                      [marquee][sign]Welcome to TS4MS![/sign][/marquee]
                      I am sure that your questions will be answered as there are many knowledgeable timesharers here.

Nice to read that Mark is having a blast with his timeshare purchases.

Comment

• Hello all, new to this site as of a few days ago, but have received some wonderful responses to my questions from fellow members already.

My wife and I bought our timeshare at The Cliff's on Kauai, HI in 1987. Purchased two weeks of a 1 bedroom units. Went back in 1989 and upgraded to a 2 bedroom and bought a 3rd week. Have never regretted it. Traveled to Kauai and our home resort every year for 3 weeks from 1995 until 2005. Traded in 2006 for A lovely unit in Scotland and also Hiulton Head and Scottsdale. Heading back to Kauai in 2007, July for two weeks and traded a week for Hilton head again and a bonus week in Palm Springs.

We live in Northeast Pennsylvania. My wife is retired as a school psychologist for the last 2 years. I am still toiling for a few more years as a distribtuion analyst with a major Baking Company.

Looking forward to discussing many topics with many of you.

Comment

• Hello!

Hello All...

Ray here, My wife and I own week 27 at Westgate Lakes (usually 4th of July week) in Orlando, FL. After listening to many sales pitches and visiting / staying at a few TS resorts, we finally decided to buy in Orlando in 2003. We have a young child (born in 2003) so we figured we would have many years of Disney and what-not with him. We have exchanged and booked getaways through II and love the whole TS experience.

We live in Rhode Island, USA and have visited Spain, Poconos, Vegas, Atlantic City as well as used our home resort. As you can see, we love to travel!

Regards,
                          Ray

Comment

• Hello, I am new to this forum. We bought two time shares to Cabo about 9 years ago. We have such a great time with the whole family going around Christmas each year and celebrating New Year's "especially since we are here in Colorado."

However, we did purchase an unbelievable private travel membership and I can't wait to use it...it's been cold here for way too long!

I look forward to meeting you all!

Comment

• Aloha

Howdy,

My wife and I own two timeshares. We own at the Fairfield/Wyndam Waikiki Beachwalk, plus at the Amerisuites/Calypso Cay in Orlando. Love the Fairfield timeshare, but have not used the Orlando one yet. I have been watching this site grow, and finally signed up. Aloha everybody!

Naga

Comment

• Hello - I am Babs from El Cajon, CA. We travel to our timeshares regularly. We have two weeks (2BR) at the Whaler in Maui, one week at (2BR) Westin Mission Hills in Rancho Mirage, one week EOY at (4BR) Westgate Park City, and one week EOY at (1BR) Los Abrigados.
                                We are new empty-nesters and love the spaciousness of timeshares so our kids and their friends can join us.
                                Babs

Comment

Working...
                                X