Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone,

I am 31, and a single father to two girls. I am new to the timeshare world. I bought my timeshare on ebay for $152 + Closing costs and maintenence fees. Out the door it was about $1200. I just got the deed in the mail this past week. I own fixed week 25 (red week) at the Liki tiki Village in Orlando. I have our vacation booked for week 23 and paid an internal exchange fee of $89.

So how do I go about trying to set up a vacation for next year. Lets say....Cozumel or Cancun? Like I said I am new to this whole timeshare thing. I know My resort exchanges with Interval international. I look forward to researching and learning more.

Comment

• Originally posted by dgonza
      Hello Everyone,

I am 31, and a single father to two girls. I am new to the timeshare world. I bought my timeshare on ebay for $152 + Closing costs and maintenence fees. Out the door it was about $1200. I just got the deed in the mail this past week. I own fixed week 25 (red week) at the Liki tiki Village in Orlando. I have our vacation booked for week 23 and paid an internal exchange fee of $89.

So how do I go about trying to set up a vacation for next year. Lets say....Cozumel or Cancun? Like I said I am new to this whole timeshare thing. I know My resort exchanges with Interval international. I look forward to researching and learning more.

Welcome to the timeshare world and welcome to timeshareforums. Sounds like you got a great deal. If you require any other information please post it in a new thread in either the exchanging or in the Timeshare Economics forum. This way the answers will be all geared to you and not mixed up with other peoples introductions since this is an introduction thread.
      Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

• Hi there. I'm Kim and DH is Mike. We own 2 weeks in Hawaii. One is at Kaanapali Beach Club which we bought from the developer. The other is at the Pono Kai which was purchased on ebay. We also have access to my parents weeks at Kahana Falls (2), Playa Grande(2), Havasu Dunes, and Kauai Beach Villas. We enjoy time sharing as it works out a lot better than hotel rooms for our family of 6.

Comment

• Just Purchased Interval International Timeshare

Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie who will need some help! I just purchased a timeshare with Interval based in Arizona, which is supposed to be red 52 weeks with great tradeability. I've already learned that the salepeople were deceiving saying they are five star resorts...NOT TRUE! The are five star ratings by customers. I have gone on traveladvisor and other websites to review some of the resorts, some of which have miserable reviews. We travel to the Eastern Carribean, and the choices in the Interval book are limited, but do seem to be expanding.

If anyone has recently traveled to St. Kitts, St Maarten or St Lucia, or any of the other islands, please give me feedback as to where you stayed and how it was.

It seems to go to St John that we have to book at least two years in advance....very disappointing. We put in two other back up choices, but I'm wondering how you all work the system. Do you just put in one destination or several? We put in a wide number of dates hoping we will get our first choice.

We love to travel, and figure we will give this a two year trial period to see if it really works. Again, your feedback in regards to how to work the system would be so appreciated!

Thanks!

Lisa

Comment

• Originally posted by itself
            Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie who will need some help! I just purchased a timeshare with Interval based in Arizona, which is supposed to be red 52 weeks with great tradeability. I've already learned that the salepeople were deceiving saying they are five star resorts...NOT TRUE! The are five star ratings by customers. I have gone on traveladvisor and other websites to review some of the resorts, some of which have miserable reviews. We travel to the Eastern Carribean, and the choices in the Interval book are limited, but do seem to be expanding.

If anyone has recently traveled to St. Kitts, St Maarten or St Lucia, or any of the other islands, please give me feedback as to where you stayed and how it was.

It seems to go to St John that we have to book at least two years in advance....very disappointing. We put in two other back up choices, but I'm wondering how you all work the system. Do you just put in one destination or several? We put in a wide number of dates hoping we will get our first choice.

We love to travel, and figure we will give this a two year trial period to see if it really works. Again, your feedback in regards to how to work the system would be so appreciated!

Thanks!

Lisa

Hi Lisa, Welcome to Timeshareforums. Since this is a welcome thread, If you require help. please post in the corresponding forums to get answers.
            Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

• Welcome Lisa, I see you found us.

Comment

• Hello

I'm David and DW is Beth, from Tallahassee, FL. We're both in our early 30s, have no children, and like to spend several weekends in Orlando throughout the year. We also visit my family in KC, MO every other Christmas.

We just bought 5000 points in Sunterra this past weekend after attending a presentation in Orlando. This was our third presentation. The first was at Marriot, also in Orlando. We were almost swayed, but luckily said "no" at the last minute. The formerly nice saleman pushed away from the table in a huff and actually turned his back on us.

The second presentation was in St. Maarten during our Honeymoon. That one was easy to say "no" to, but redeeming the $100 incentive voucher was quite a chore.

Third time was the charm, I guess. We were impressed by everything they showed us and bought into the Sunterra "Trust" concept. The one free week cruise for two on Royal Caribbean sweetened the deal.

Upon returning home, I Googled Sunterra, and eventually found both TUG and TS4MS. Upon reading a ton of posts from Spence (among others), I'm now seriously considering rescinding the deal. It seems even if I wanted to stay with Sunterra (which I now think I may not), I can save thousands by buying resale points and converting them into the Sunterra Club by purchasing as little as 2000 retail points. Plus, redeeming the cruise voucher will be difficult (if not impossible), based on posts found on this forum.

I'm glad I found TS4MS. I now have a good resource for researching timeshares. DW and I have been sold on the concept; now we just need to be smart, find the company that fits us, and find the best resale deals.

Comment

• Welcome!!

Welcome Lisa! Welcome David and Beth!

Welcome to all our other new members also.

Glad you found us and thanks for joining. I hope you find this community a valuable resource and a place you can learn and contribute.
                  Syd

Comment

• Hi, I am Nina and my husband is Bert. We have been interested in timesharing for many years and have several friends with timeshares. We have recently bought a fixed week at Greensprings Plantation and a fixed week at the Carlsbad Seapointe. Thanks to everyone at Timeshare Forums for all the knowledge we have gained from your general information forums and your everyday posts. We have been regular daily post addicts for several months now. Thanks Again!

Comment

• Guess I should too!

Von and David here, currently living in Ames, Iowa but looking for my next employment gig that will probably take us away from here. I'm originally from Virginia (lived there until 1994) and he's from Milwaukee (where I moved to in 1994). We met and married in 2002. We have no kids (together or from prior marriages). Oh, and we're in our mid (him) to late (me) 40's.

I owned TS before marrying David and we've added a couple to the portfolio over the past few years. Most around the FF/Wyndham circle know me as the "Queen of Fairfield Fixed Weeks" because it is doubtful they'll ever get to me convert my Kingsgate and/or Flagstaff weeks.

We also own a floating week on Waikiki which makes for a nice back-to-back piggyback with an exchange to another island. This year however, we're doing two weeks on the Big Island at Paniolo Greens after renting out our Waikiki to one of my friends who went to Kona with me last year over spring break.

I am an avid photographer and journal writer for the travel site IgoUgo.com. While I enjoy travels with my hubby, I do not let his lack of sense of adventure keep me home. I just returned from a week long winterland vacation in Fairbanks, Alaska. In addition to watching sled dog races, taking in the ice art sculpting competition, going sled dog mushing, and taking an arctic circle drive trip . . . I spent several nights shooting photographs of the aurora borealis (aka northern lights). It was a "must do" type of experience that I would highly recommend to anyone looking for something a bit out of the ordinary.
                      Yvonne

My Travel Journals

Comment

• I have been a member of TUG for about a year but am new to TimeshareForums. My husband and I have two small children, and we are delighted by what we find at timeshare resorts - spacious rooms and activities for kids. It is also an affordable way to vacation. We now have a week at Dolphin's Cove and have just purchased Fairfield points. We want to take our kids to see the traditional amusement parks but we also hope to explore various places, even the more "backwoods" spots where we can make our own fun. I like reading about what others recommend.

I am almost finished my second year of a Ph.D. program heading into some major exams in the coming months. I appreciate these forums because they allow me to get my head out of the muck for a few minutes a couple of days a week (and dream about taking time off!)

Angela

Comment

• Greetings from Canada,Bob and Angie here.Joined Tug a few years back for the resort reviews and just started to read the BBS a few months ago by chance and found this site thru one of the member's link.If I'm not surfing Tug or tsfms,we're usually on our little boat"mybobalong".....DH loves boating and fishing while I'm passionate about timesharing.It's so nice to know there are others out there just like me............

Comment

• Originally posted by BCN
                            Hi, I am Nina and my husband is Bert. We have been interested in timesharing for many years and have several friends with timeshares. We have recently bought a fixed week at Greensprings Plantation and a fixed week at the Carlsbad Seapointe. Thanks to everyone at Timeshare Forums for all the knowledge we have gained from your general information forums and your everyday posts. We have been regular daily post addicts for several months now. Thanks Again!
                            Originally posted by TimeshareVon
                            Von and David here, currently living in Ames, Iowa but looking for my next employment gig that will probably take us away from here. I'm originally from Virginia (lived there until 1994) and he's from Milwaukee (where I moved to in 1994). We met and married in 2002. We have no kids (together or from prior marriages). Oh, and we're in our mid (him) to late (me) 40's.

I owned TS before marrying David and we've added a couple to the portfolio over the past few years. Most around the FF/Wyndham circle know me as the "Queen of Fairfield Fixed Weeks" because it is doubtful they'll ever get to me convert my Kingsgate and/or Flagstaff weeks.

We also own a floating week on Waikiki which makes for a nice back-to-back piggyback with an exchange to another island. This year however, we're doing two weeks on the Big Island at Paniolo Greens after renting out our Waikiki to one of my friends who went to Kona with me last year over spring break.

I am an avid photographer and journal writer for the travel site IgoUgo.com. While I enjoy travels with my hubby, I do not let his lack of sense of adventure keep me home. I just returned from a week long winterland vacation in Fairbanks, Alaska. In addition to watching sled dog races, taking in the ice art sculpting competition, going sled dog mushing, and taking an arctic circle drive trip . . . I spent several nights shooting photographs of the aurora borealis (aka northern lights). It was a "must do" type of experience that I would highly recommend to anyone looking for something a bit out of the ordinary.
                            Originally posted by bookworm
                            I have been a member of TUG for about a year but am new to TimeshareForums. My husband and I have two small children, and we are delighted by what we find at timeshare resorts - spacious rooms and activities for kids. It is also an affordable way to vacation. We now have a week at Dolphin's Cove and have just purchased Fairfield points. We want to take our kids to see the traditional amusement parks but we also hope to explore various places, even the more "backwoods" spots where we can make our own fun. I like reading about what others recommend.

I am almost finished my second year of a Ph.D. program heading into some major exams in the coming months. I appreciate these forums because they allow me to get my head out of the muck for a few minutes a couple of days a week (and dream about taking time off!)

Angela
                            Originally posted by Mybobalong View Post
                            Greetings from Canada,Bob and Angie here.Joined Tug a few years back for the resort reviews and just started to read the BBS a few months ago by chance and found this site thru one of the member's link.If I'm not surfing Tug or tsfms,we're usually on our little boat"mybobalong".....DH loves boating and fishing while I'm passionate about timesharing.It's so nice to know there are others out there just like me............

Wow! Welcome to all of you to TS4MS. It's very nice to have you join us. Please have a lot of fun here.
                            Mike H
                            Wyndham Fairshare Plus Owners, Be cool and join the Wyndham/FairfieldHOA forum!

Comment

• Manoj from Silicon Valley, SF Bay Area

Hi, I am Manoj. A quick intro. about me can be found here.

After writing for that "Featured Owner" article my family went on a 13 day trip through the Pacific Northwest to Victoria, BC. We stayed in WorldMark condos everywhere. It was great. That was in July 2005. After that we did the following trips too, thanks to WorldMark and its GREAT exchange capabilities:
                              • Jul 2005 - Pacific Northwest/Victoria trip [link]
                              • Nov 2005 - Star Island Resort in Kissimmee, FL [link]
                              • Dec 2005 - Four Seasons Aviara (2BR) Carlsbad [link]
                              • Nov 2006 - Pono Kai Resort, Kauai [link]
                              • Feb 2007 - Disney's Old Key West Resort 2BR [link]
                              All in all, WorldMark had worked out great for us!

There was a question regarding what "Kapish" means...

Kapish or kapeesh is the name of a comic book character from India. I grew up reading it. kapeesh is the title character, the magic monkey who was always helping those in distress. The character was smart and witty. I hope to be like that when I grow up

kapeesh is actually a Sanskrit word. kapi = monkey and eesh = god. This refers to the Hindu mythological figure- Hanuman.

As a child, assuming the sun to be a ripe fruit, he once took flight to catch hold of it to eat. Indra, the king of devas observed this. He hurled his weapon, the Vajra (thunderbolt) at Hanuman, who fell back down to earth, broke his chin and became unconscious. Upset, Vayu went into seclusion, taking the atmosphere with him. As living beings began to get asphyxiated, to pacify Vayu, Indra withdrew the effect of his thunderbolt, and the devas revived Hanuman and blessed him with multiple boons. However, a permanent mark was left on his chin (hanuhH in Sanskrit).
                              WorldMark Owners - Take back our club! |Email me at ts4ms@kapeesh.com as it is easier for me to respond than Private Messages. | Exchanges:Disney's Old Key West (Orlando), Four Seasons Aviara (Carlsbad, CA), Marriott Timber Lodge (Tahoe), Tahiti Resort & HGVC/Strip (Las Vegas), Wyndham Flagstaff, Star Island Resort (Kissimmee) & Pono Kai (Kauai). Marriott Newport Coast (CA)

Comment

• Originally posted by kapish
                                Kapish or kapeesh is the name of a comic book character from India. I grew up reading it. kapeesh is the title character, the magic monkey who was always helping those in distress. The character was smart and witty. I hope to be like that when I grow up

kapeesh is actually a Sanskrit word. kapi = monkey and eesh = god. This refers to the Hindu mythological figure- Hanuman.[/COLOR]
                                Welcome and thanks for the explanation of your name.....A worthy aspiration!
                                Pat
                                *** My Website ***

Comment

Working...
                                X