Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie - Intro

Hello everyone. My name is Allie and I live in northern California (just moved from the east coast). I purchased my 1st timeshare (4bdrm lockout) a couple of months ago on the resale market, primarily with the intent of trading via points for deposit. I also own a RTU via Club Trinidad that I found in the classifieds on this site, purchased to facilitate the PFD. So far, everything has worked out. I did a lot of research before purchasing and I've found a lot of the comments on this forum helpful.

I'm looking for help with Worldmark. I my weeks ts is in Virginia, which was great when I was on the east coast. Since I've moved, I was hoping to add another TS that is primarily west cost (but not the desert). I am certainly wanting to buy in the resale market, but am having trouble finding information on the differences between retail and resale benefits. Of course the sales person from Worldmark tells me that I lose all sorts of benefits, but I'm hoping that the people here can help point me in the right direction.

Allie

Comment

• Hi Allie,

Welcome to Northern California and the Timeshare Forums. Myself and several others are WorldMark owners. Buying WorldMark in the resale market is the best way as the credits cost about half as much as credits from the developer.

There are a few benefits we may not get if the credits are purchased in the resale market, however the price difference far out weighs those benefits.

On July 14th, a lot of the Northern California Timeshare owners are getting together for a luncheon in Concord California. We would love to have you join in the fun and talk with other TS owners including WM owners. Details here ...
      WorldMark Owners - Take back our club! |Email me at ts4ms@kapeesh.com as it is easier for me to respond than Private Messages. | Exchanges:Disney's Old Key West (Orlando), Four Seasons Aviara (Carlsbad, CA), Marriott Timber Lodge (Tahoe), Tahiti Resort & HGVC/Strip (Las Vegas), Wyndham Flagstaff, Star Island Resort (Kissimmee) & Pono Kai (Kauai). Marriott Newport Coast (CA)

Comment

• And its only a couple blocks off I-680, so its not that far from Sacramento.

If only were were going to be in California in July...maybe some of you could come out here instead? Its only 101º right now.

Fern
        Fern Modena
        To email me, click here
        No one can make you feel inferior without your permission--Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

• Thank you for the information. I've added the event to my calendar. Dan (my better half) and I will certainly do our very best to attend.

Allie

Comment

• Hello all. My name is Eric. I live in MD and I come to this site but focus on the 'Ask SFX' section. I own a double lockout unit during week 33 @ Greensprings Plantation (Williamsburg, VA) and have used SFX to successfully trade into St. Maarten (Atrium) and the Caymans (Morritt's) in the year I've used (SFX). Actually they helped me out of a huge jam I had with Greensprings so I'm a SFXer for sure for trades.
            On another note, my t/s was the result of a divorce so I'm footin maintenance bill alone. Not to mention I really can't use all of a double unit that sleeps 12! If anybody is interested in trading, please feel free to contact me. I'm using it this year but I'm open to options for 08. I LOVE the Caribbean *hint, hint*

Comment

• Just starting the process

My wife Debi and I live in Southern California with our 4 year old son and have heard some good things about timeshares from my sister, my father-in-law and a number of friends.

While we were in Hawaii recently, we attended a Fairfield/Wyndham presentation. While we did not buy a timeshare (Waikiki was not for us), we are now the proud owners of 300,000 Fairfield Plus points. We loved our visit to Maui, Kauai looks inviting as well and maybe the Big Island.

We would like to be able to travel more (I get 5 weeks of vacation a year), especially to Hawaii, so a timeshare might be good for us.

While researching the whole thing, I came across this forum, and it has been very informative as I try to find out the good and bad about timeshares and the best resort chain for us and our young son.

The one thing that comes though time and time again is, buy resale. I still have a lot to learn: what is a reasonable MF, which is better a 2 bedroom EOY or a 1br every year and many more questions too numerous to mention now.

We plan another trip this fall and maybe we can check out a few resorts while we are there.

Thanks for any help here and in any other forums I may pop up in,

Bob

Comment

• Ask away. At 15 posts (or a little time therafter) you will get to see our sightings board which may help you pick up a gem of an exchange.

Comment

• Originally posted by sideshowbob72
                  While we were in Hawaii recently, we attended a Fairfield/Wyndham presentation. While we did not buy a timeshare (Waikiki was not for us), we are now the proud owners of 300,000 Fairfield Plus points.

The one thing that comes though time and time again is, buy resale. I still have a lot to learn: what is a reasonable MF, which is better a 2 bedroom EOY or a 1br every year and many more questions too numerous to mention now.

Thanks for any help here and in any other forums I may pop up in,

Bob
                  Any MFs below $4.00 per thousand FF/Wyn points is pretty good.

Try joining the Fairfield HOA here and also the Yahoo FF Timeshare group. There are plenty of FF owners willing to help with any questions that come up.
                  Dave

My wife's idea of camping is staying in a Timeshare!!
                  Fairfield Owners, Be cool and join the Fairfield HOA forum!

Comment

• new here--joined TUG awhile ago, researching all I can to be ready to buy.Currently only have my moms to do exchanges with, but it doesn't get the best results---Carriage House Pocono Manor with II.
                    Hope to learn a lot here!!

Comment

• My intro

Hi! I'm Holly from South Jersey, and I just registered today. I know very little about timeshares, but I'm interested in learning.
                      My daughter and son in law were recently deeded a floating week at the Flagship in AC, and they had 3 weeks to use- they got it from my son in law's parents, who never used it.
                      We decided on the spur of the moment last month to go visit my brother in Fla, and take the grandchildren to Disney. Heather got on the internet, and got 2 one bedroom units at Star Island.
                      What a fabulous place! First time any of us had stayed in a timeshare. My other two daughters are seriously considering getting one, so I volunteered to be the researcher. I started out browsing ebay, then googling, and ended up here!

The girls (who are 24 and 26) are in no rush to buy, they want me to read a lot before they commit to anything. I'm more of a reader than a poster, but as I think of questions I'll ask.

Thanks for letting me join your group!

Holly

Comment

• Hi Holly,

Welcome to TS4M's and you will get lots of help here! Ask any question...never be afraid to ask a question, even three times if you need to!

Remember, now that you are getting the TS bug, control the fever, remembering the rules:'

BUY RESALE.

BUY where you want to visit ... not for trading, but if you want to also trade, be sure to buy what will maximize that chance.

Ask about any TS's here, we know them, and we will help you find the one you want to own.

Good luck with your research and , glad to have you join in!
                        Life is short, live it with this awareness.

Comment

• Welcome to TS4MS "rainy~daze21" and "Holly in South Jersey"!

You came to the right place as some members here are very knowledgeable and helpful too.

Comment

• [SIGN]Welcome to TS4Ms![/SIGN]
                            (from a fellow New Jerseyan)
                            ~Arlene

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page."
                            - St. Augustine

Comment

• Hello, I'm Jerry from SoCal. My wife Martha and I have been into the timeshare
                              deal for 22 years and have had nothing but good luck and happy memories.

We have no children and have been married for going on 23 years. Glad to have (finally) found this forum.

Looking forward to exchanging info on timeshare desinations.

HAPPY FOURTH!

Comment

• Welcome Jerry!

With all of that TS experience, I know you will be able to help others here. Thanks for joining. We look forward to having you participate.
                                Mike H
                                Wyndham Fairshare Plus Owners, Be cool and join the Wyndham/FairfieldHOA forum!

Comment

Working...
                                X