Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iconnections - we bought at grandview Las Vegas. I think we got 4 weeks because we bought a 2 bedroom. Not sure. the Operator at RCI had to speak to their superviser but we do get 4 weeks. they are sitting in our account. We have already used 2.

We really bought in the dark and probably ( definately ) were ripped off so best to just make the most of it. I see it this way. If we did not buy I would have no chance of going to Tuscany for christmas and school holidays would be out of the question - Two holidays in a row. ( including our expensive - pre timeshare holiday we have been on 3 holidays in 6 months. So although we paid too much for it we are using it?? and from this forum I hope to learn how to use it to get the most value out of it. And maybe learn how to spend our money more wisely next time>??

Comment

• Hi
      My husband Mike and I bought our first time share in 2003 at the Grand Desert in Las vegas. That was soon followed by property at Royal Seacliff and more at Grand Desert. All from the developer. After reading for the past year on TUG, Redweek, and here, I know I paid way, way too much. But you know, I don't really care. We love timesharing, and it's really hard to stay in a hotel room after staying in a 3 BD Presidential in LV. I love the benefits that Gold VIP gives us within FF, and take advantage of them whenever I can. By owning our TS, my husband is forced to take vacations. Before owning, I was lucky to get him out of the office for a long weekend in Vegas. Now I make the reservations months in advance, and let him know a month before so he can block out the time. Life is good.

Oor 2 children are grown, and we have used our t/s for family trips. It's great to all stay together, yet have the privacy that grown children deserve. We have travelled with friends, children, my 86 year old mother, and I have even traded time for services with my hairdresser and nail tech. Although I wish I had saved oodles of money by buying resale, I still say that buying t/s was one of the best things we ever did!

Comment

• Hi
        After a couple of visits to Las Vegas and much discussion my wife and I decided to look into attending some presentations and probably purchasing a timeshare when we went for our next visit. We started doing some research and stumbled across the resale market websites and ebay. We then found this site and gained an incredible amount of information. We were able to find and purchase at Polo Towers through ebay at 10% of the cost of what a friend paid.

Thanks to all of you for sharing your knowledge on this board and for ultimately saving us probably $15,000.

Comment

• Welcome

Glad to hear you were able to discover another aspect of buying a TS before taking the plunge.

It will make your memories more affordable.

Come, learn, and share. We look forward to having you here.
          Mike H
          Wyndham Fairshare Plus Owners, Be cool and join the Wyndham/FairfieldHOA forum!

Comment

• I have been a Timeshare owner with Westgate since 2002. I first bought a unit at Westgate Vacation Villas in Florida so that my family could have a place to go every year but that dream faded quickly. I got married and my wife and I have been vacationing every year. I "swapped" my ownership this year from the villas to Westgate Pink Flamingo in Vegas because I was told that the tax and maintanance fees would b lower. It turns out about $50.00 lower which is not much.

Comment

• Help me to post a ?

I am new to Time Shares and even newer to Chat rooms. I can not figure out how to post a question of my own without just replying to someone else's. Help!!

Comment

• Originally posted by KitKat27
                I am new to Time Shares and even newer to Chat rooms. I can not figure out how to post a question of my own without just replying to someone else's. Help!!
                Hi KitKat!

Welcome. You are probably on the "Home" page. Go to the Menu Bar near the top of the page and click on Website Navigation, then select Forums List. It will take you to the page of all of the different forums. If you want to post a question, find the appropriate forum and select it. Then when the forum opens, there will be a button called "New Thread". Click that button. That will bring up a page to let you insert a title and ask your question. When you finish, click submit at the bottom of that page to post your question.

Have fun and Welcome.
                Mike H

Comment

• Hello All

My husband and I purchased an RCI/P2P timeshare August 2006. We are just getting a chance to use it for the first time next month and are pretty darn excited. We are starting off at the Grand Mayan in Nuevo Vallarta. Hey, why not start at the top?! Then we have some time in Vancouver and Whistler Jan 08 to show off our area to visiting relatives from NZ.

We met in NZ (where my husband is from) and after 2 years apart due to immigration woes we have put a huge amount of work into our 2 businesses and are really needing a holiday!! We have a toddler now which has added a whole new dynamic to life. Every day is full of wonderment and we are sooo looking forward to showing her the world in what we feel is a safer environment then how we used to travel. (by the seat of our pants one could say)

I have a ton of questions especially now that I have read a couple things in here. I will venture to try to get them out to you in hopes for some good advice. I am not the most computer literate person so I hope I can manage this....

Happy Travels to you all,
                  KitKat

Comment

• I need help

I am new to this site and I don't now how to ask a question. I have week 12 at Orange lake in Florida and it is Easter Week in 2008. We do not want to go to florida during Easter. My subscribtion ends in dec 2007 with RCI. How can I get the best timeshare rental with RCI with a preminun week?

Comment

• Identify

Hi. My name is Carlos Rodriguez. I live in Schaumburg it's a suburb of Chicago and I own about 16 timeshares and this is a great place to get some inside of how to use and managing your units. Thanks for the opportunity

Comment

• Originally posted by Primetime1 View Post
                        Hi. My name is Carlos Rodriguez. I live in Schaumburg it's a suburb of Chicago and I own about 16 timeshares and this is a great place to get some inside of how to use and managing your units. Thanks for the opportunity

Carlos as one TS addict to another. Welcome!
                        Mike H

Comment

• Originally posted by maryup View Post
                          I am new to this site and I don't now how to ask a question. I have week 12 at Orange lake in Florida and it is Easter Week in 2008. We do not want to go to florida during Easter. My subscribtion ends in dec 2007 with RCI. How can I get the best timeshare rental with RCI with a preminun week?
                          Hi, Mary. Do you have any idea where and when you want to go? Or do you just want to rent out that week? If you just want to rent out that week, then I don't believe RCI will help. You may want to put it on Timeshare Rentals Resales Timeshares for Sale Rent Vacation Time Share or craigslist classifieds: jobs, housing, personals, for sale, services, community, events, forums (both are free, you may want post in orlando area for craiglist) or Timeshare Rentals, Timeshare Resales, Timeshare Ratings, and Timeshare Reviews - RedWeek.com and Timeshare Rentals and Timeshare Resales By Owner - My Resort Network (both will ask for a fee). Or tug.com. You can post it until the last month.

If you want to use it to exchange, then you probably want to extend your RCI membership, but it would be better if you can tell where and when you want to go. There may have other exchange companies that can help you better and charge less. But there is few months left, so you need to make decision quicker.

Let us know.

Jya-Ning

ps. you may want to post your question in general timeshare.
                          Jya-Ning

Comment

• I got into timeshares about 7 years ago when I helped by brother purchase an interest at DVC. More recently, DW and I were talked into purchasing at Mayan Palace in Acapulco. For a developer purchase, we got a decent deal, but still some remorse about that one. Still, we've enjoyed RCI Extra Vacations and Last Calls, going to King's Creek Plantation in Williamsburg, with plans to go to VVP in Orlando and Silverleaf's Hill Country Resort in Texas over the next year. We've loved our DVC membership, despite the price. Still trying to learn the best way to take advantage of what we own. Suspect we'll purchase more timeshares in the future as we learn what's out there, what we like, and as (hopefully) more times comes avaiable as children get older.

Comment

• Hi, my name is Merilyn. My son, daughter and I own Disney Vacation Club. We became owners in 1994. We had just visited Old Key West and we saw people touring but at the time didn't know about the timeshare. When we got home, I called and got all the information and had them mail me the paper work. We had to wait until Dec of 1994 because my daugther turned 21 then. My son was added when he turned 21. At that time you had to be 21 to be on the contract. We have added points multiple times and have just added 150 more OKW points. We also own points at Vero Beach, another DVC location. We are in the process of looking for another timeshare company so we can have more flexibility. Disney lets us trade thru II but we aren't members. Thus no last minute weeks and all the other options belonging to II and RCI give you.

A little info about my family- I have 2 grandsons and have taken one of them to WDW 2 times. The other is only 2 months old and his first trip will be in May 2008. I am retired and moved to Maryville, TN last Dec. I had lived all my life in Memphis. Maryville is where my daughter lives, thus the move. I care for my handicapped brother and we live together. He is one of the main reasons we bought DVC. He loves our trips there. We have had many wonderful family trips and will always be together there at least once a year.

I have enjoyed learning about other timeshares and hope to decide which one works for me soon. Thanks for all the good info.
                              Merilyn

Comment

• Hi my name is Sam and I'm just starting getting infos about time shares.

Comment

Working...
                                X