Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everybody,

I'm glad to have found this website. It looks like it's full of good information and people willing to help each other. Thank you all very much for that!! My wife and I have owned for 13 years at Wyndham Sea Gardens and would really love to unload it since,well, we just don't like the place much anymore and things have changed in general. I'm considering donating it, but after reading some posts and other internet stuff, I'm not sure if it's as easy as it seems.

Anyway, I'll post more on our situation in the correct forum. Thanks again

Comment

• New Member Introduction!

Hello ,

I purchased my first Disney Vacation Club timeshare (Saratoga Springs) in 2003. Since that time we have added other DVC contracts (Boardwalk Villa and Animal Kingdom Villa). Last year we also purchased a small tri-annual timeshare at Williamsburg Plantation to have a vacation spot close to home. We bought our timeshare with the intention of staying on the properties themselves while knowing we have the option to trade to other places. So, in learning more about the timeshare world, I have found fantastic sites such as Disboards, Tug, and now this forum!

WithFaith50

Comment

• I am a single guy who basically planned to travel enough to warrant the timeshare I purchased, (Sheraton Vistana) but then real life took a turn at bat. I have only stayed at a Sheraton property in Port St. Lucie, FL. It was fine by me but a golf resort. I still got my scuba diving in. I am looking now to sell this timeshare and maybe enter again in the future from the resale end. Hopefully, I will learn here how to value and get the most out of this property.

Comment

Hi there.

My name is Steve and I'm from York in the United Kingdom.

I signed up to the forum to see if I could find some advice on how to sell some points we have.

We bought some after a visit to Hotel Rochbrune in France.

Later we bought another 2 weeks worth of points from a company in Spain.

We now need to sell the first week as we have too many points and I can't get the time off work to use them.

So if anybody has any advice on what we can do to sell the points we'd be grateful.

My wife and I have some awesome holidays using our points, they enable us to go to Hawai'i, something we wouldn't normally be able to do.

One of our favourite places is Maratea in Italy, pictures on the internet simply can't do justice to the beauty of the place.

We look forward to hearing from anyone, particularly with advice on selling points.

Regards

Steve & Jean

Comment

• Steve & Jean - try a post asking about it under general timesharing- sub-all points here. If you don't get a response here you might also try a post on: Timesharetalk Forum

Comment

• Introductions

Does everybody introduce themselves? This site has been around a few years, and I'm excited to have found you!

My fiance and I were in Cabo San Lucas in late November last year ('07), and we went along to a sales pitch just for kicks. Ended up buying, with no intention of doing so beforehand, because it seemed like too good a deal to pass up. We've had second thoughts since then, cold feet, buyers' remorse, whatever you call it. But it's done, so now we're working hard to learn the ropes and make it work for us! We've got 30 years to use it, after all.

So we have a week in Cabo every other year at Casa Dorada/Medano Beach, a studio or "junior suite." And we have membership with Interval International, as well as a VIP week every year that can be used at any of their sister resorts throughout the world. We love to travel to new places, so we hope to make the most of I.I. and the VIP program, to exchange what we've got rather than keep returning to Cabo San Lucas.

This year we're getting married, so we plan to start using the program with a honeymoon in early Winter!

Comment

• Welcome! Most of us started just like you did.... and have just learned to remember why it was that we bought it to begin with, and thought it was a good deal. So we enjoy it even after we learn we could have bought it for much much less. The next one will make up for it.

Learning the ropes of trading is the most important thing once you own one. I'm still learning. But there are a lot of very helpful people here who are more than happy to help out, so read, read, read, and don't be afraid to ask a question if your search turns up no response.

And congrats on the impending nuptials!
                Marla

Comment

• Hi there,

My thanks to those who own and maintain this forum. It is very helpful and interesting and well organized.

I've been a member of this board for awhile but never introduced myself so here goes. I've been a timeshare owner since 1998 with the Bluegreen system. I first started attending timeshare presentations back in 1980 with Fairfield and didn't think I would ever buy. I was very much into RV'ing at that time and didn't think I'd ever want a timeshare. In 1993 I was widowed and things started looking different. I attended a presentation at Myrtle Beach at Shorecrest I when it first opened and decided if I was ever going to buy a timeshare that would be where I would want it to be. I bought a sampler and the following year made my first purchase. Since then I've become totally addicted to timeshare vacations. In 2004 I remarried and quit work and moved to South Carolina. My husband doesn't understand why I would want to own timeshares when he thinks we live in Paradise. We have a house on a Lake in a very rural area. Our Lake has over 1200 miles of shoreline and is very undeveloped. Thurmond Lake on the Savannah River. We also have 2 vacation cottages that we rent out to sportsmen and their families who like to vacation at the lake. Bob rarely vacations with me. I plan lots of get together for my women friends and my relatives and rent out time to other friends. I've recently bought a Fairfield Wyndham 154,000 point package and I own the equivalent of (5) 2 bedroom prime weeks in Bluegreen. I have lots of siblings, cousins, nieces and nephews who use me as their vacation guru. I don't make a fortune on my timeshare ownership but they pretty much pay for themselves and I am able to enjoy some great vacations with friends and family.

Comment

• Originally posted by asmotj
                    Just bought a Bluegreen Last year and now we have just used it for the first time. My wife is Military full time and we are trying to get gold in the next 8 years

J
                    Welcome to Bluegreen! My husband and I have owned with Bluegreen since 2000. We are some of "those happy owners". We are now up to 32,000 EOY and are going towards being silver. Hope things will go well for you and your wife as you enjoy your vacations. God Bless!

Comment

• New to Timeshares

QUOTE=Quarterbore;1]About TimeshareForums.com

I just registered this domain over the weekend 10-Apr-2005 and I am going to be working to get everything started over the next couple days. This website is being setup as a timeshare community website where visitors will be able to talk about their timeshares and vacations as well as discussions about how to buy and sell a timeshare. We hope that over time that this can become a place for timeshare reviews, evaluations, as well as a resource to allow OWNERS AND SELLERS to directly buy, sell or trade their timeshare or a weeks vacation.

About the webmaster:

My father got us into timeshares back in the 1980s and his first was purchased through the sales pitch. It is a great unit and my father has used the unit every year since that time and has gone to many resorts BUT it was expensive! My father learned his lesson and purchased a second week from an owner that just wanted out and it was very obvious that this second hand timeshare had the same tradability and usefulness as his (Est $18,000) timeshare he bought in the mid 1980s but he paid a more modest $3K for the second week.

When I was younger and still in college as well as after I had graduated I had used my Father's units for a few vacations and attended a few sales pitches over the years. I know VERY WELL how tempting those sales pitches are and let's be honest that the sales people that are working at you attend lots of classes and their income is dependent on them being able to get you to buy a unit they are selling!

When I started a family of my own I knew we wanted to get into timeshares ourselves and we own two units now. We own one week in Killington Vermont in February, which is our annual ski vacation, plus we purchased a second week in the Pocono’s for an end of the summer vacation. Both of these units were purchased from individuals even though our second week was found through a realtor. We paid $5500 for the Killington week, which was an exceptional deal, and about $3500 for the Pocono’s week. These are deeded properties with fixed weeks and they have adequate room and facilities for our family and with three kids we would never want to have to stay a week in a motel somewhere!

In my honest opinion, timeshares are a great way to vacation but there is obviously a right way and right reasons for wanting a timeshare and then there are wrong ways to get into timeshares!

So who are you and how did you get into timeshares?

Can you post a review of your unit or where you have stayed?
                      [/QUOTE]

I purchased a two bedroom at the Royal Tahitian (phase II) in Las Vegas, Nevada 12/2007. I have never used it. Although it is beautiful, I am interested in selling it.
                      Jacks

Comment

• Well Jack, you came to the right place. The bad news is that you will not get much for it if you sell it. So, stick around and ask some questions about what it's worth and how to use it until and if you sell it. We have a classified here where you can list it. The worst places to buy a timeshare just might be Orlando, Branson, Williamsburg and Las Vegas and fortunately in that order. If anyone should contact you about selling your timeshare- the first rule is, never pay anyone upfront to sell your timeshare.

Comment

• Hello TS4MS ers,

We need to get a better name to define us. Tuggers is fine for TUG but what are we?, lol. Joe from Queens, NY here. I started with Fern on Prodigy who introduced me to TUG and thru TUG to here. I'm a Lieutenant with the NYPD for 29 years.

I own at Royal Caribbean in Cancun and Lowveld Lodge in S.A.

I have spent more time here lately, than on TUG and am having a great time here. BTW love the wine forum. Latour90 on aol.
                          In Vino Veritas

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe L View Post
                            Hello TS4MS ers,

We need to get a better name to define us. Tuggers is fine for TUG but what are we?, lol. Joe from Queens, NY here. I started with Fern on Prodigy who introduced me to TUG and thru TUG to here. I'm a Lieutenant with the NYPD for 29 years.

I own at Royal Caribbean in Cancun and Lowveld Lodge in S.A.

I have spent more time here lately, than on TUG and am having a great time here. BTW love the wine forum. Latour90 on aol.
                            Hardcore suffices.

Really! My Dad was a cop, my Uncle, FIL & BIL, retired cops, DH is court officer.

I'm glad you are enjoying yourself here and I love a man in a uniform.
                            Lawren
                            ------------------------
                            There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
                            - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

• My wife and I bought a timeshare this last February, 2008 at Ka'anapali in Maui at the Westin Ocean Villas. Paid too much but we are extremely happy with the unit we bought. We are empty nesters as of last year and want to travel to Hawaii annually. Have been to Kauai 3 times at my parents timeshare in Kapaa. My parents have 5 weeks (2 in Kauai and 3 in Sodona, Az)of timeshares a year and they use them. We have been with them several times and thought it would be nice to envite them to our timeshare.

Thanks to those who maintain this site

Greg/Sacramento, Ca

Comment

• Lawren,
                                My wife worked her way up as a court officer and is #2 in charge at Queens Family Court. We all seem to have alot in common here.
                                Joe
                                In Vino Veritas

Comment

Working...
                                X