Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Charlie
    Hi,
    I am a new member from Long Island. My name is Charlie and I've been lurking
    in this forum for quite some time. Don't know why I have not officially joined
    until now. My son Craig (Chap7) has been urging me for a while. Besides Craig,
    my wife and I have 2 other children, Craig's twin sister and another younger daughter. Between the three of them and their spouses they have given us 9
    wonderful grandchildren. I am a former high school English teacher, retired now for 5 yrs. My wife and I purchased our first timeshare in '92, a floating week, Eagle Trace at Massanutten in VA. We traded the very next year to go to the Virgin Grand Villas on St. John in the Virgin Islands. That shows how the timeshare industry has changed. My Massanutten unit could never net such a good trade these days. We also own 2 units at Fox Run on Lake Lure in NC. We've made some decent trades over the years. I look forward to future trades because my wife will be joining me in retirement this June and we can travel outside the restrictions of "school vacations." I also look forward to sharing and receiving timeshare tips, information and advice through this forum.
    to TS4Ms

I am glad u jumped in and joined us.
    I have had the pleasure of meeting your son and his lovely wife recently although w have been 'online' friends for years.
    I know with your vast experience you will have a lot to offer our group...and how exciting that your wife will be retiring - My DH is 8-10 years away from that but I am counting the days

And you will be a legend here - someone who actually traded into the Virgin Grand Villas via RCI.
    Pat
    *** My Website ***

Comment

• Hello, new to this forum

My name is Meyre and i have been lurking around this forum and other timeshare forums for a while now.
      I am a stay at home mommy of 2 sons, and have been married for 8 years.
      We live in Florida and like to vacation in many places. I decided to finally join because i have some questions. And it is obvious that a lot of you on this forum have lots and lots of experience with timeshares.
      I am new to it and i am trying to get in. I have been looking at ebay for different options to buy.

I want to buy something in Florida because we can use it every year. However i want to use the extra vacation deals for other vacations. Or traders, but have seen that trading is iffy currently. So i was looking into buying something that the use will start next year, that way this year i can get into the exchange companies and use their discount vacations. And next year i can start using my week, either here in florida itself or trade. Does this make sense. Thanks i will be posting questions as they come to me.

yeay i am excited to have joined everyone seems very nice and helpful in this forum

Comment

• hi Meyre

Welcome to this board. There are so many nice timeshares in Florida . Here are some things you must consider and factor in your decisions on vacations.

Age of your children, How many years will they want to travel with you

Time of year you want to travel. All the school districts in Florida have different spring breaks. People living outside florida do to.

Our school year ends in June. we can get many top trading resorts in June.

My suggestion is get a good trader with mediocre maintance fees and trade into Florida. Many resorts in Florida charge 600 to 700 for two bedroom units.

If I can help you in the future PM me

Comment

• Hi, My name is Silvia, Lilliana is my middle name. I live in Queens, NY. Got into my first timeshare in Florida when my friend wanted Universal tickets at a discount. She got the discount I got fleeced, I fell hook, line and sinker. My friend was stunned, although I warned her I am very interested in timeshares and almost bought one 10 years earlier except my mother practically beat the salesman to death since he kept trying to convince me to buy. I was barely out of college and making no money. I just thought it would be great for the whole family. I bought RCI points in Kingston Reef, never stayed there even though they offered a one night stay after I bought but we already had been staying in a nice 2 bedroom timeshare near Universal, so I declined. This was 2003.

I have gone to many destinations with the timeshare - I've been to Malta, Costa Del Sol, Outer banks, Cape Cod (middle of winter), Poconos, friends went to Aruba and Mexico. I used the points to buy airfare from one Hawaiian island to another. I know there are other places I've been to but forgot them now.

A friend of mine mentioned Marriot Vacation Club and I thought they looked interesting, so when a good one came up I bought it. It's in Branson, Missouri and a 2 bedroom lock off EOY so I can split it. I am taking a vacation from this TS in a couple of weeks to the Williamsburg Plantation. Hope to get into Disney with the other half.

That's my story. I enjoy reading these forums, I try to avoid getting on b/c once I'm on I can't get off - just like Grayfal says. I spend so much time on here and the other forum that I lose track of time.

Well thanks for sharing your knowledge, I wish I had know about you back in 2003 I could have saved mega $$.

Thanks, Silvia

Comment

• Originally posted by Lilliana
            Hi, My name is Silvia, Lilliana is my middle name. I live in Queens, NY. Thanks, Silvia
            Hey you live in my neck of the woods, What part of Queens. I am in Middle Village.
            Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlie
              Hi,
              I am a new member from Long Island. My name is Charlie and I've been lurking
              in this forum for quite some time. Don't know why I have not officially joined
              until now. My son Craig (Chap7) has been urging me for a while. Besides Craig,
              my wife and I have 2 other children, Craig's twin sister and another younger daughter. Between the three of them and their spouses they have given us 9
              wonderful grandchildren. I am a former high school English teacher, retired now for 5 yrs. My wife and I purchased our first timeshare in '92, a floating week, Eagle Trace at Massanutten in VA. We traded the very next year to go to the Virgin Grand Villas on St. John in the Virgin Islands. That shows how the timeshare industry has changed. My Massanutten unit could never net such a good trade these days. We also own 2 units at Fox Run on Lake Lure in NC. We've made some decent trades over the years. I look forward to future trades because my wife will be joining me in retirement this June and we can travel outside the restrictions of "school vacations." I also look forward to sharing and receiving timeshare tips, information and advice through this forum.
              I missed this, A special welcome to you sir. I have met Craig a few times.
              Craig I think you guys are our first father and son members.
              Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

• Originally posted by Lilliana
                Hi, My name is Silvia, Lilliana is my middle name. I live in Queens, NY. Got into my first timeshare in Florida when my friend wanted Universal tickets at a discount. She got the discount I got fleeced, I fell hook, line and sinker. My friend was stunned, although I warned her I am very interested in timeshares and almost bought one 10 years earlier except my mother practically beat the salesman to death since he kept trying to convince me to buy. I was barely out of college and making no money. I just thought it would be great for the whole family. I bought RCI points in Kingston Reef, never stayed there even though they offered a one night stay after I bought but we already had been staying in a nice 2 bedroom timeshare near Universal, so I declined. This was 2003.

I have gone to many destinations with the timeshare - I've been to Malta, Costa Del Sol, Outer banks, Cape Cod (middle of winter), Poconos, friends went to Aruba and Mexico. I used the points to buy airfare from one Hawaiian island to another. I know there are other places I've been to but forgot them now.

A friend of mine mentioned Marriot Vacation Club and I thought they looked interesting, so when a good one came up I bought it. It's in Branson, Missouri and a 2 bedroom lock off EOY so I can split it. I am taking a vacation from this TS in a couple of weeks to the Williamsburg Plantation. Hope to get into Disney with the other half.

That's my story. I enjoy reading these forums, I try to avoid getting on b/c once I'm on I can't get off - just like Grayfal says. I spend so much time on here and the other forum that I lose track of time.

Well thanks for sharing your knowledge, I wish I had know about you back in 2003 I could have saved mega $$.

Thanks, Silvia
                It is an honor to be quoted....
                Pat
                *** My Website ***

Comment

• I'm Charlie_M and I live in Sin City, own some timeshare; I'm NOT an expert but I worked a little in the sales end of the timeshare business. I am looking forward to learning more from knowledgeable folks here and have no problem contributing what I can about what happens behind "closed doors" on the sales floor.

I have been in sales my entire adult life and although there are bad apples in the bunch, I have met some wonderful and honest people along the way. However the timeshare sales process is sleazy and I'm moving on to other things. I also co-own a sleep lab in Ohio where we provide patients answers to their sleep issues, and in addition to the income I feel good about helping those with sleep problems.

PS....I started out here a little roughly and I promise to behave myself but I will not back down from scurlious attack. I do understand why the animosity towards the sleaze in my profession from folks here and again I am happy to share my experiences.

Charlie_M
                  Those who tell don't know and those who know don't tell....

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie_m
                    I'm Charlie_M and I live in Sin City, own some timeshare; I'm NOT an expert but I worked a little in the sales end of the timeshare business. I am looking forward to learning more from knowledgeable folks here and have no problem contributing what I can about what happens behind "closed doors" on the sales floor.

I have been in sales my entire adult life and although there are bad apples in the bunch, I have met some wonderful and honest people along the way. However the timeshare sales process is sleazy and I'm moving on to other things. I also co-own a sleep lab in Ohio where we provide patients answers to their sleep issues, and in addition to the income I feel good about helping those with sleep problems.

PS....I started out here a little roughly and I promise to behave myself but I will not back down from scurlious attack. I do understand why the animosity towards the sleaze in my profession from folks here and again I am happy to share my experiences.

Charlie_M
                    Charlie
                    I believe you have a wealth of information to share.
                    Try not to take peoples bad experiences with TS salespeople as a personal attack....because there aren't - it is just people sharing THEIR OWN bad experiences, not their perception of you.

I like you and so does Frank ..... even if u r a salesperson.
                    Pat
                    *** My Website ***

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayFal

Charlie
                      I believe you have a wealth of information to share.
                      Try not to take peoples bad experiences with TS salespeople as a personal attack....because there aren't - it is just people sharing THEIR OWN bad experiences, not their perception of you.

I like you and so does Frank ..... even if u r a salesperson.

Incidentally we've been to Hilton Head (twice), Carlsbad CA the week after 9-11, Ft Lauderdale, Orlando (of course), and LV before we moved here. Damn, forgot Daytona and Sanibel....TS beats hotels hands down!!
                      Those who tell don't know and those who know don't tell....

Comment

• Thanks for the welcome BigFrank and to you also Grayfal. Craig has spoken well of both of you and many others in this forum that he has dealt with or had the pleasure of meeting. I saw photos of the wine and cheese party and he pointed out many of the members who attended. I know I'm just getting my feet wet with this forum but I hope to wade a bit deeper as time goes on.
                        And BTW a belated Happy Anniversary to you Grayfal.

Comment

• I'll do this when I get back from vacation..promise....
                          Timeshare Addict - Mexico Travel Abounds - Happy Vacations!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bezerk View Post
                            I'll do this when I get back from vacation..promise....

we'd be happy to hear from you and a review is a requirement.
                            Lawren
                            ------------------------
                            There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
                            - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

• Hello

I'm born & raised in Queens, NY but have been a Clevelander for more years than I care to say in public. DH & I have been timesharing since 1998 and currently have 3 weeks in our portfolio. We just returned from a week at the Barrier Island Station in Kitty Hawk NC and it was great to be able to travel without having to follow a school calendar.

DH works as he pleases as an insurance agent and today I am celebrating my 3 month retirement from a career serving at-risk kids!

Our 2 grown kids live south of us- DS & family in the heart of Alabama and DD & family on the easternmost island in the Caribbean.

Although I registered for this board in '07, this is my virgin post!

BJB

Comment

• Originally posted by trader barb View Post
                                I'm born & raised in Queens, NY but have been a Clevelander for more years than I care to say in public. DH & I have been timesharing since 1998 and currently have 3 weeks in our portfolio. We just returned from a week at the Barrier Island Station in Kitty Hawk NC and it was great to be able to travel without having to follow a school calendar.

DH works as he pleases as an insurance agent and today I am celebrating my 3 month retirement from a career serving at-risk kids!

Our 2 grown kids live south of us- DS & family in the heart of Alabama and DD & family on the easternmost island in the Caribbean.

Although I registered for this board in '07, this is my virgin post!

BJB

Welcome to TS4Ms Barb. You will find quite a few of us here are originally from or still are in Queens, NY! I myself grew up and lived in Forest Hills for almost 35 years (not continuously but I kept going back).

Small world isn't it?
                                Lawren
                                ------------------------
                                There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
                                - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

Working...
                                X