Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I first became a time share in 1995, when a friend of mine told me about the timeshare "points" system at Disney. I was sold.
    I now have 350 Disney points and Wyndham points at Palmaire, Fairfield Bay and Old Town Alexandria. I love the flexibility of the points system!
    Judy
    Judy

Comment

• Originally posted by bigfrank
      I grew up in Maspeth which was next to Woodside right off 69th st by ps 229 which I even went to School there. How long ago were you in Woodside?
      I went to school in flushing. Lived 2 years in Woodside off 69 St. I got my education at "nickels"

Comment

• Originally posted by catahoula View Post
        I went to school in flushing. Lived 2 years in Woodside off 69 St. I got my education at "nickels"
        I lived on 52nd ave when I was small. It was one block up from 229. I wonder if I know you.
        Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

• The 2 years I lived there I basically got in my car and took Queens Blvd or the BQE into the city. So I can't say I know the school your talking about. Do you remember Nickel's?

Comment

• Originally posted by catahoula
            The 2 years I lived there I basically got in my car and took Queens Blvd or the BQE into the city. So I can't say I know the school your talking about. Do you remember Nickel's?
            If I say I do will that count agains me. I lived 6 blocks up from there off 69th.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigfrank
              If I say I do will that count agains me. I lived 6 blocks up from there off 69th.
              Tell me you worked there please.

Comment

• Originally posted by pranas
                Hello,

Belong to TUG (same handle) and keep reading about this forum so I decided to join. Bought my first timeshare two years ago after reading an article on CNN.com about the points system. If I had to do it over again, I would not buy at this resort again because of the high maintenance fees but I don’t feel to bad because I did buy from a reputable reseller. During the closing process I discovered and joined TUG. As a result I owned two timeshares before I even stayed in one. The second and third were a lot cheaper thanks to TUG. I initially bought the timeshares so that I could travel for longer periods of time when I do retire. I have been very lucky with my exchanges and have been to some very nice resorts in Orlando, Bermuda, Door County, Las Vegas, Nassau, and NYC. Since my new job is mainly working on-line, timesharing is great. I can travel and still get my work done as long as I have a reliable Internet connection. Not the ideal vacation for most but so far it has worked great for me. While I really do like the beach, most of my travel is not to beach destinations since I live across the street from the beach in SE Florida.

Looking forward to meeting everyone in the threads.

Birute
                What I do is average out my costs - I had 4 developer purchases from Marriott before I found these online groups and started buying resale...and I have had many wonderful trips since then.

Originally posted by Carlotta View Post
                Just joined the site. 1st time owner. Bought at Polo Towers from ebay for $200. Just got back from our first stay. Stay was great. I spoke to the sales manager there who was rather rude. He wanted me to pay$2995 to join THE CLUB which would then cost me $225 per year. I never received a copy of the charter or the rules or which company to use for exchanges. I am rather confused. Can anyone help?
                We have a great DRI board - so go on over and ask away - u will find out whether the club is worth it for you.

Originally posted by catahoula
                I am from Queens too. Born in Flushing, moved to Whitestone, Glen Oaks, Woodside and finally Floral park. I love my 7000 Hilton Las Vegas timeshare. Hope everybody has a safe and happy memorial day.

Originally posted by craftemp View Post
                I first became a time share in 1995, when a friend of mine told me about the timeshare "points" system at Disney. I was sold.
                I now have 350 Disney points and Wyndham points at Palmaire, Fairfield Bay and Old Town Alexandria. I love the flexibility of the points system!
                Judy
                I am a new Wyndham owner - we have a great Wyndham Board with very knowledgeable owners - stop over and visit!

Hey Big Franggie, how about a biggggg Queens Hello. Stop your mangia ing and say hello.
                Visit with Big Frank HERE Big Frank's Hot Tub - Timeshare Forums - He has his own place to chat
                Pat
                *** My Website ***

Comment

• Hello Pat.

Comment

• Thanks for the welcome.

Comment

• Hello
                      I'm new to this board. Very happy to be here.

Previously owned at Vistana and Club Intrawest. Sold them when I was living overseas and family issues meant that I wouldn't be going on many vacations. Now own at Scottsdale Villa Mirage.

Have stayed at
                      Villa del PalMar, Puerto Vallarta
                      Boardwalk Villas
                      Galleon, Key West
                      several locations at Whistler, BC Canada

Comment

• Originally posted by catahoula
                        Hello Pat.
                        Thanks for the welcome.
                        Your welcome...and before you ask, I am originally from the Bronx
                        Pat
                        *** My Website ***

Comment

• Originally posted by eglon999
                          Hello
                          I'm new to this board. Very happy to be here.

Previously owned at Vistana and Club Intrawest. Sold them when I was living overseas and family issues meant that I wouldn't be going on many vacations. Now own at Scottsdale Villa Mirage.

Have stayed at
                          Villa del PalMar, Puerto Vallarta
                          Boardwalk Villas
                          Galleon, Key West
                          several locations at Whistler, BC Canada
                          Welcome to TS4Ms
                          You have stayed at some nice locations!
                          Pat
                          *** My Website ***

Comment

• HI, I am bezerk..handle and personality too!!! LOL.

Got our first timeshare in the 90's in New Hampshire. We both worked, hubby and I, and have two boys. Hubby was supposed to schedule vacation for summer and well..he did not..so we went on weekend vacation before and no availability for time when we could get off work, so we bought a timeshare with condition of being able to use the week we needed. It has been all uphill timesharing for us since then. We bought a second smaller unit at same place for romanatic getaways. We enjoyed our times there.

I am a nurse and hubby a builder, master plumber and well construction man. Years later, eleven years ago to be exact, we bought investment property in Mexico to build and sell, well needless to say we never did build to sell, we moved here, and built home for ourselves. Parents ( Mine, also live in Mexico). Anyway never having done a risky thing in our lives we sold our home in Mass. and up and moved to Mexico with a dog and a 12 year old and a 7 year old sons. The intent was for hubby to move here permanently after house was built and start a business, 11 years later he still goes back and forth from Mexico to Mass. 2 months in Mass, one month in Mexico and so the story goes. We bought another house in Mass. for him and elder son to live in and me to visit, but I do that infrequently as well just too cold for me, even in summer LOL. I love the shopping there though. I also hate to fly.

One son has returned to states and works with his dad in construction, the other son is here in Mexico with me and two dogs. Both boys are bilingual. They went to private schools here for about 3 years and then I homeschooled them as English was falling behind....on last year of homeschool with younger son. He wishes to be a pilot and well who knows, think he may stay in Mexico, he is pretty culturally Mexican LOL.

We live a very good life here, very relaxed, slow and peaceful with wonderful Mexican and American friends and neighbors. We are Americans though.

Since then we have enjoyed and not enjoyed many experiences and life changes. We certainly have lived an alternative lifestyle and had experiences most could only dream of.

We now own 7 or 8 timeshares, 2 in N.H. and the rest throughout Mexico. We have finally gotten to phase where we can really vacation...and we do...8-12 wonderful weeks per year in tremendous timeshares, mostly throughout Mexico. We do sometimes have an overflow of weeks so we give to friends, workers of hubby, or to elder son and girlfriend. Now the younger son will be 18 this fall, so we will be giving to him as well I assume.

Took me many years to really learn the ropes of timesharing, still learning of course, but boy am I having fun and we certainly are getting the best use of our timeshares. I am active on many travel sites and timeshare sites such as this, well I am learning this one, TUG, etc. I have learned so much helpful info.

We have bought developer timeshares and resales as well, my next move is to try to rent one out, well that is if I stay home long enough to learn that process.

We just returned from Ixtapa, and are headed to Puerto Vallarta in July.

We have been to many areas of Mass. and New Hampshire, Fla., and all along that coast, Hawaii, Rio de Janeiro Brazil, Greece, Mazatlan Mexico, Playa Del carmen Mexico, PV and Nuveo Vallarta too many times to mention, Manzanillo, Guanajuato, San Miguel de Allende, and many other parts of Mexico.

On the upcoming agenda is Mazatlan in Sept., PV & NV a few times, back to Ixtapa next year and want to check out Acapulco next year as well...then in near future Cabo...

So we are living La vida loca and loving our timeshares and Mexico, most days anyway.....

So that is me in a nut shell!!!!

Glad I found this forum, I even won the worthless lotto once .....nice to meet you all and thanks for all the kind welcoming and help from all....

I'll put in some reviews as soon as I figure out how to do that....soon....Happy Vacations to all!!! Saludos!!!
                            Timeshare Addict - Mexico Travel Abounds - Happy Vacations!!

Comment

• New member here!

I am completely new to the timeshare game. I had never thought I would be interested in one, but I attended my first sales presentation yesterday anyway. (thread to follow shortly)

I found this site last night to help me figure out some of the language and possibly start looking for better deals.

I look forward to learning from all of you ts pros!

Thank you!

Comment

• Welcome Michael and bezerk....Glad u found us!

bezerk, sounds as if u r living the good life others can only envy!
                                Pat
                                *** My Website ***

Comment

Working...
                                X