Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LesDeRing View Post
    My ame is Les and I own about 4 months worth of a Marriott timeshare and I desperatly want to get rid of it. My wife and I are trying to buy some property in Colorado to retire at and we don't use this timeshare anymore. Can someone point me in the right direction as to how you post this in the classifieds section of this website?
    TS4MS Classifieds - Timeshare Forums
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

• New Member...need info!

My name is Kari. My husband and I just got married a year ago and took a trip to VA beach last weekend for our anniversary. While we were down there we bought a timeshare with Gold Key Resorts - a unit in the property called Turtle Cay. It all sounded so great and so far I think it will be but lots of people keep telling us that timeshares are bad news. I think its great since we are so young (only 24) and will hopefully be able to use it to travel the rest of our lives, especially when we have kids and want to take family vacations. Does anyone have any advice?

Comment

• Marriott wannabe newbie

I know nothing about timeshares but the marriott vacation club idea has been in my head for 1-2 years. As a young family with kids ages 10,7,4 we want to do more traveling but need the 2 bedroom setup. Hotel rooms are getting cramped. We can afford to purchase some on the higher end and trade downhill (i.e. kauai to florida). we live on the east coast and will be more likely to use beach resorts than ski resorts. We like the europe availability that marriott has for when the kids are older. i not sure we would use points, we would just vacation a different year at a different place. My concern is how to insure that we can get the trades in the marriott system we want. We would book an average of 8 months in advance but could do 12-14 if necessary. Any advice on how to start, reslae versus direct from mariott. Which location to "buy" at. again i dont mind buying high and trading down. I just dont want the hassle of fighting to get say a week in feb in st kitts if we book in july the year before or is that not long enough

Comment

• rkpindia:

Without getting into a lot of details, it sounds like you're on the right track. So far you've done two things right. You haven't bought anything yet and you've come to the right place to get educated.

My advice to you is DON'T buy anything yet. As you say, you don't know anything about timeshares. Take the time to read and learn. There is a wealth of info here and on other timeshare related websites.

There's a lot of good information about Marriott and other high end timeshare outfits. Read, learn and ask questions. There are a lot of knowledgeable people willing to answer your questions.

Oh, and welcome to TS4MS .

Comment

• New Member- interested in sharing and learning about timeshares!

Comment

• Timeshare sounds good to me!

Sorry...I actually already posted but now introducing myself...so rude.

The wife and I bought a timeshare this weekend at the GrandView in Las Vegas. We have 7 days to bail and we probably will since we bought from developer and if there is one commonality about posts regarding purchasing a timeshare...it is to NOT buy from developer.

From what I've seen, this forum looks awesome. We both love to travel and I see value in getting a timeshare. I also feel in certain ways...it would MAKE US travel instead of just putting stuff off to the next year...which easily gets put off to the next year, etc.

Thanks in advance for answering my noob questions.

Comment

• Jim -

I have been in the timeshare industry for 9.5 years (7 of which was working for Starwood f/k/a Vistana Management) in the Owner Services department...last two years, I managed their call center. Great experience. I wanted to get into real estate because I loved working with people but the call center environment was taking years off of my life. Love the people I worked with there.

Got my real estate license a little over two years ago (great timing!) and ultimately I am not specializing in selling timeshare on the resale market. I am a huge proponent of timeshare and look forward to sharing my experiences and knowledge of the industry to help anyone make an informed decision.

I don't own timeshare yet but I have my eyes set on Key West!

Comment

• I am new here. I am not new to timeshares or even to forums, but new to this guy. I am a premiere member of BlueGreen and not, necessarily a satisfied member. I have made many payments and made several trips, but all were way more expensive than if done other ways. I'm here to see what you'all have to say and see if there is any feasible way to get from under this albitross.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlynnK
                    My name is Kari. My husband and I just got married a year ago and took a trip to VA beach last weekend for our anniversary. While we were down there we bought a timeshare with Gold Key Resorts - a unit in the property called Turtle Cay. It all sounded so great and so far I think it will be but lots of people keep telling us that timeshares are bad news. I think its great since we are so young (only 24) and will hopefully be able to use it to travel the rest of our lives, especially when we have kids and want to take family vacations. Does anyone have any advice?
                    Welcome to TS4MS.

Many here are happy TS owners - MOST of us purchased our first TSs from the developer - many times we found out later on that we could have purchased for a cheaper price on the resale market.

Since you are young and have many years to enjoy your purchase - stick around and learn how to best use your ownership - by visiting the property you bought or exchanging it for other destinations.
                    Pat
                    *** My Website ***

Comment

• Originally posted by LesDeRing View Post
                      My name is Les and I own about 4 months worth of a Marriott timeshare and I desperately want to get rid of it. My wife and I are trying to buy some property in Colorado to retire at and we don't use this timeshare anymore. Can someone point me in the right direction as to how you post this in the classifieds section of this website?
                      Hi Les and welcome to TS forums...

I am a Marriott owner also - I own 3 weeks that lock-off plus they get 'bonus weeks' from II giving me 8-9 weeks of vacation time.

I am not sure where you own and how many Marriott weeks you actually have but your first step is to call Marriott and ask if they are accepting listings of resales at the locations you own at. You will net 60% (in most cases) of the sale. A friend just listed a Marriott Manor Club with MAR - they will sell it for 23K, she will get 13.8K.
                      It may take a while for it to sell but on the resale market, her unit is worth 8-9K (before the current financial mess our country is in)

Many Marriott locations also rent VERY well - u could at least recover your MFs while you are waiting to sell.

We have a Marriott Board - visit it and ask questions. Marriott - Timeshare Forums
                      Pat
                      *** My Website ***

Comment

• Originally posted by rkpindia
                        I know nothing about timeshares but the Marriott vacation club idea has been in my head for 1-2 years. As a young family with kids ages 10,7,4 we want to do more traveling but need the 2 bedroom setup. Hotel rooms are getting cramped. We can afford to purchase some on the higher end and trade downhill (i.e. Kauai to Florida). we live on the east coast and will be more likely to use beach resorts than ski resorts. We like the Europe availability that Marriott has for when the kids are older. i not sure we would use points, we would just vacation a different year at a different place. My concern is how to insure that we can get the trades in the Marriott system we want. We would book an average of 8 months in advance but could do 12-14 if necessary. Any advice on how to start, resale versus direct from Marriott. Which location to "buy" at. again i don't mind buying high and trading down. I just don't want the hassle of fighting to get say a week in Feb in st Kitts if we book in July the year before or is that not long enough
                        Hello and welcome to TS4Ms

You are asking LOTS of great questions regarding Marriott and seem to want to buy for the right reasons...
                        Please visit our Marriott forums - read what is there and ask away!
                        Marriott - Timeshare Forums
                        Pat
                        *** My Website ***

Comment

• Originally posted by Re/Max Town Centre
                          New Member- interested in sharing and learning about timeshares!
                          Welcome Re/Max.

I see from all the classified ads that you have placed that you sell timeshares.
                          It is a good idea for you to learn what you are selling to people.
                          Pat
                          *** My Website ***

Comment

• Originally posted by chk57
                            Sorry...I actually already posted but now introducing myself...so rude.

The wife and I bought a timeshare this weekend at the GrandView in Las Vegas. We have 7 days to bail and we probably will since we bought from developer and if there is one commonality about posts regarding purchasing a timeshare...it is to NOT buy from developer.

From what I've seen, this forum looks awesome. We both love to travel and I see value in getting a timeshare. I also feel in certain ways...it would MAKE US travel instead of just putting stuff off to the next year...which easily gets put off to the next year, etc.

Thanks in advance for answering my noob questions.
                            Hi chk and Welcome to TS4Ms

I LOVE TSing and own MANY weeks - most that were bought on the resale market.
                            If you are still withing your period to rescind - I recommend you do it....and then come back and let us help you purchase on the resale market.

If it is past the time to cancel - we will be happy to help you learn how to use your ownership.....
                            Pat
                            *** My Website ***

Comment

• Originally posted by James1975NY
                              Jim -

I have been in the timeshare industry for 9.5 years (7 of which was working for Starwood f/k/a Vistana Management) in the Owner Services department...last two years, I managed their call center. Great experience. I wanted to get into real estate because I loved working with people but the call center environment was taking years off of my life. Love the people I worked with there.

Got my real estate license a little over two years ago (great timing!) and ultimately I am not specializing in selling timeshare on the resale market. I am a huge proponent of timeshare and look forward to sharing my experiences and knowledge of the industry to help anyone make an informed decision.

I don't own timeshare yet but I have my eyes set on Key West!
                              Hi Jim - and Welcome to TS forums

I know you are enjoying those 3 heavenly beds

We always welcome a member with inside knowledge of a system - it adds a much needed perspective to our board.
                              Pat
                              *** My Website ***

Comment

• Originally posted by rsfrid View Post
                                I am new here. I am not new to timeshares or even to forums, but new to this guy. I am a premiere member of BlueGreen and not, necessarily a satisfied member. I have made many payments and made several trips, but all were way more expensive than if done other ways. I'm here to see what you'all have to say and see if there is any feasible way to get from under this albitross.
                                Hi and Welcome to TS4Ms.....

We have very knowledgeable BG owners that particiapte on this board.....
                                I hope they will be able to help u maximize your ownership.

Bluegreen Resorts - Timeshare Forums
                                Pat
                                *** My Website ***

Comment

Working...
                                X