Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by khdem View Post
    My name is Kay...I am now waiting on my purchases of Bluegreen points from Boca Jim and Ebay to finalize...should have points within a month. I can hardly wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kay
    Welcome Kay.....you are getting into TSing with the help of an expert....
    Pat
    *** My Website ***

Comment

• Originally posted by hulakaren
      Hi,
      My name is Karen and my DH and I are currently in the process of buying a Hyatt resale. Just waiting in anticipation! This will be our first TS. We never thought we were timeshare people at all, but look at us now!
      Welcome Karen - you have made a good choice with Hyatt Points resale - one of our members owns with them and has enjoyed great flexibility with her travels.
      Pat
      *** My Website ***

Comment

Hello All,
        I am new to this group and I am debating whether to buy a timeshare. I travel about 3 times a year and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as far as a good deal or location. I would want caribbean or northwest USA. I have 2 kids, 12 and 14 who LOVE the beach! Any ideas?

Comment

• Hi, My husband and I bought into a timeshare the old-fashioned way. We purchased through a sales ptich and, unfortunately, spent a lot of money for it. That was more than 15 years ago - before the Internet could provide so much useful information. We were an owner with EPIC, which, I didn't know, was having financial problems. When we were bought by Sunterra, a whole new world was opened for us. We absolutely love timesharing now. People complain about the maintenance fees. But compared to the cost of buying enough rooms to sleep 8 to 10 people for a week (we usually take family and friends with us) - and have cooking and living facilities - it's still quite a bargain. We are now owned by Diamond Resorts. I have been cautious about recommending DRI to others because availability seems to be a big problem right now. I managed to get a week in Florida for next summer because I made the reservation as soon as I was able to book. But many sites already have no availability. I haven't tried to exchange with II. There hasn't been a need yet. This forum is the best one around. I have been on several others, but this seems to be the most active. Diamond has its own forum, but many of the comments don't get posted because they are so negative. DRI recently updated the web reservations section of their website, which was a tremendous improvement. But I think availability is still a problem. I guess I'm lucky enough to be able to plan far enough ahead that the problem hasn't affected me yet. I would like to eventually buy a timeshare resale in the Poconos. I live in PA and would love to have a place that's a little closer for a get away. I will be eagerly looking for advice and recommendations from others in this forum. THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS SERVICE!!!!!!

Comment

• Buying into Timeshare

Originally posted by SweeetNess
            Hello All,
            I am new to this group and I am debating whether to buy a timeshare. I travel about 3 times a year and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as far as a good deal or location. I would want caribbean or northwest USA. I have 2 kids, 12 and 14 who LOVE the beach! Any ideas?
            Hello~
            I'm new to this site and saw your question. If you buy timeshare in the Caribbean it is a right to use property instead of deeded and many times has a higher maintenance fee than the U.S. RCI points is good to buy into as well as other RCI or II listings. I would suggest buying a Floating week if you travel at different times of the year. I work for a timeshare resale company and get asked this question alot.
            Regards,
            Angela Watson

Comment

• If you plan to vacation during the peak season in a beach resort, I would suggest buying a timeshare in the resort area where you plan to vacation. I have lived in a beach resort community for the last 25+ years and am a resale broker. I have noticed a high percentage of owners vacationing at their own resort during the peak season. This means there is less inventory available in the exchange networks for exchange guests. Since, you have school age children, I assume you will be vacationing during holidays and peak travel times. If so, buy where and when you would like to vacation; it will also provide you with a unit with a good trading power.

Comment

• If you plan to vacation duirng the peak season in a beach resort, I would suggest buying a timeshare in the resort area where you plan to vacation. I have lived in a beach resort community for the last 25+ years and am a resale broker. I have noticed a high percentage of owners vacationing at their own resort during the peak season. This means there is less inventory available in the exchange networks for exchange guests. Since, you have school age children, I assume you will be vacationing during holidays and peak travel times. If so, buy where and when you would like to vacation; it will also provide you with a unit with good trading power.

Comment

• Been with Bluegreen for about a year now and we love it!

Comment

• Welcome! You've come to the right place for info on BlueGreen! The discussions in this forum are without equal!

Enjoy your ownership.....
                    my travel website: Vacation-Times.org.

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
                    ~Earl Wilson

Comment

• Better late than never....

This is a bit late in coming. I have been reading and enjoying the posts on this board for a while(even won points from Big Frank!); just never got around to posting to this thread.

Bought first timeshare off ebay for closing costs(Dells in WI), after much research on here and on TUG, so THANK YOU! Family is dwindling down, daughter is in college, and son is in high school. They still love and prefer to vacation with us(go figure!), therefore I found it necessary to find larger accommodations.

Our first exchange is for Hawaii in June '09, can't wait! I still want to purchase another unit somewhere, so I will be learning more to determine the location.
                      DawnB

Comment

• Originally posted by Syed View Post
                        My name is Syed. Cheri(my wife) and I live in the beautiful island of Maui. We have both been in the timeshare industry for over 30 years and are licensed realtors specializing in resales. We own three timeshares-- a Hilton, one in Mexico and one in Hawaii and love vactioning the timeshare way. We have used our Hilton Honors points in London, Cannes, Amsterdam, New York, Maldives and others. We have also exchanged thru RCI, II and SFX. I have enjoyed reading comments on your site and look forward to sharing my thoughts with everyone. Aloha!
                        Originally posted by Syed View Post
                        Consider looking into Marriott, Hyatt and Starwood timeshares. They have properties in both scuba and snowboarding resorts, as well as other types of recreation.
                        Syed sold me one of my first timeshares when I had to have that RCI Tiger Trader back in ~1999-2000. Welcome Syed!
                        ... not enough time for all the timeshares ®

Comment

• Hey hey...

Hi,
                          My name is Ken. My wife and I own timeshare with Wyndham at Bonnet Creek in Orlando. I am basically on here to get information. We have owned it for about two years now and are looking at sellig it. We simply don't use it enough. So here I am! Just wanting to look around and find out more on values, the process, how to, etc...

Comment

• Welcome!

Welcome.. Spend time reading the threads in the Wyndham forums.. Bonnet Creek is a great home resort, but Wyndham values have dropped across the board.
                            my travel website: Vacation-Times.org.

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
                            ~Earl Wilson

Comment

• Hello...

Oops.. Sorry.. Missed this one and already started on other threads.. Great site!

Comment

• Hi, I am liko. New to this forums and anticipated to meeting a lot of you. I go to college and work at the moment. Currently 21 years old in Southern California. Really fluent in computers.

Comment

Working...
                                X