Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [marquee-right][sign]
    Welcome to TS4MS, Liko! [/sign][/marquee-right]
    You will learn a lot about timesharing here and your computer knowledge will be very much appreciated by some of us here.

Comment

• Hi
      Just joined today, I live in Ontario, Canada. My name is Malcolm and along with my wife of 25 years we own 2 timeshares. We own a fixed week in the Grandview in Las Vegas and also own at the Temptation Resort & Spa in Cancun. Temptations is a Points ownership with plenty of bonus weeks that I can rent out.

We originally bought in the Grandview 3 years ago but it hasn't been until the last 6 months that I've discovered what options there were for renting, selling or exchanging timeshares. I went the RCI route before and got screwed on exchange fee's but seeing all the potential rental sites available to advertize and also forums such as this opens up a whole new world.

I look really forward to reading the postings and also chipping in with anything I can be of help with in the future.

Malcolm

Comment

• Welcome! You'll find a great group of owners here.
        my travel website: Vacation-Times.org.

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
        ~Earl Wilson

Comment

• Originally posted by Kentonmag
          Hi
          Just joined today, I live in Ontario, Canada. My name is Malcolm and along with my wife of 25 years we own 2 timeshares. We own a fixed week in the Grandview in Las Vegas and also own at the Temptation Resort & Spa in Cancun. Temptations is a Points ownership with plenty of bonus weeks that I can rent out.

We originally bought in the Grandview 3 years ago but it hasn't been until the last 6 months that I've discovered what options there were for renting, selling or exchanging timeshares. I went the RCI route before and got screwed on exchange fee's but seeing all the potential rental sites available to advertize and also forums such as this opens up a whole new world.

I look really forward to reading the postings and also chipping in with anything I can be of help with in the future.

Malcolm
          Welcome to TS4MS Malcolm. The sticky notes on top of each page have a lot of good information too. There is a lot to read and, if you have a question, just ask us here but under the right heading.

I didn't know that other developers were still selling fixed weeks too unless they are holidays. What week did you buy in Las Vegas? We love fixed weeks but most people prefer the floating weeks but you can exchange your date anyway but for a fee, most likely.

Comment

• Hello, I just came across this website today and joined. My husband and I own a floating (annual) week in Las Vegas. We purchased the timeshare 4 or 5 years ago and are now looking to sell it, probably just like everybody else. We have been renting it over the last few years, but we just really need to sell it at this time. I'm aware of the companies who ask for $$$ up front, and I will never go that route. I feel like we are stuck without any options and hope to maybe find some help or suggestions on here. We are pretty much just trying to get rid of it and don't care if we take a huge loss on what we purchased it for.

I look forward to learning more about this site and hope to find some ideas as I navigate through the message boards

-Kendra

Comment

• bidshare.com is a free auction site. You advertise and set your starting bid and closing price. You can put it on the site for between 3 - 14 days and if it doesn't sell you can re-advertise it. EBay is another alternative auction. There are other timeshare sites to advertise at approx $50 i.e redweek.com and myresortnetwork.com.

Good Luck

Comment

• Welcome...

Welcome. This is a great group! Don't forget to try the classifieds here as well!

Comment

• Thank you both for your replies! I am currently looking into bidshare.com as we speak

Comment

• Timeshare board

Hi! Just went to work last year as a realtor (moved from banking) and although I am not licensed to sell timeshares, I have always been very curious about it as I have a love for travel and dabbled as a TA part time for a few months. Luckily, my broker owns 4 timeshares and has owned it for a long time, so he taught me how to buy them, what to look for and I recently purchased 3 timeshares through e-bay. I still want to learn much more about them as I think it is a fantastic deal owning timeshares. The maintenance fees for 3 timeshares equal what I usually pay for a 1 week beach vacation, so I have 3 weeks of vacation instead of one!

So glad I found this link as there are still many questions I would love to ask!

Comment

• Welcome..

Evidently you like adventure in your employment! Banking and real estate- too very challenging markets in the current economy.

Congrats on your ownerships!
                      my travel website: Vacation-Times.org.

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
                      ~Earl Wilson

Comment

• Wyndham Timeshare Owner Tells All

Any new Wyndham owners need to watch this video BEFORE your right to rescind expires: YouTube - Wyndham Timeshare Owner Tells All

Comment

• Wyndham

Originally posted by wyndhamtimeshare View Post
                          Any new Wyndham owners need to watch this video BEFORE your right to rescind expires: YouTube - Wyndham Timeshare Owner Tells All
                          Thanks for sharing. It's funny, I just now looked at that right before I got yor message. My boss does not like the point system as you do not have a right to vote; therefore, he will not buy weeks.

The former owners made a reservation for me. I asked the front desk to see if I needed a guest card and they told me no.

Thank you for sharing the video. Every new person should see it.

Happy Holidays!

Comment

• My njame is Shirley.

We own several timeshares. Marriott, Orange Tree in Scottsdale, Wyndham in Flagstaff, Arizona, and points through Fairshare plus. We just rencently got a bill from Fairshare plus with a Programs Fee???? Does anyone know what that's all about??????
                            Originally posted by Quarterbore View Post
                            About TimeshareForums.com

I just registered this domain over the weekend 10-Apr-2005 and I am going to be working to get everything started over the next couple days. This website is being setup as a timeshare community website where visitors will be able to talk about their timeshares and vacations as well as discussions about how to buy and sell a timeshare. We hope that over time that this can become a place for timeshare reviews, evaluations, as well as a resource to allow OWNERS AND SELLERS to directly buy, sell or trade their timeshare or a weeks vacation.

About the webmaster:

My father got us into timeshares back in the 1980s and his first was purchased through the sales pitch. It is a great unit and my father has used the unit every year since that time and has gone to many resorts BUT it was expensive! My father learned his lesson and purchased a second week from an owner that just wanted out and it was very obvious that this second hand timeshare had the same tradability and usefulness as his (Est $18,000) timeshare he bought in the mid 1980s but he paid a more modest $3K for the second week.

When I was younger and still in college as well as after I had graduated I had used my Father's units for a few vacations and attended a few sales pitches over the years. I know VERY WELL how tempting those sales pitches are and let's be honest that the sales people that are working at you attend lots of classes and their income is dependent on them being able to get you to buy a unit they are selling!

When I started a family of my own I knew we wanted to get into timeshares ourselves and we own two units now. We own one week in Killington Vermont in February, which is our annual ski vacation, plus we purchased a second week in the Pocono’s for an end of the summer vacation. Both of these units were purchased from individuals even though our second week was found through a realtor. We paid $5500 for the Killington week, which was an exceptional deal, and about $3500 for the Pocono’s week. These are deeded properties with fixed weeks and they have adequate room and facilities for our family and with three kids we would never want to have to stay a week in a motel somewhere!

In my honest opinion, timeshares are a great way to vacation but there is obviously a right way and right reasons for wanting a timeshare and then there are wrong ways to get into timeshares!

So who are you and how did you get into timeshares?

Can you post a review of your unit or where you have stayed?

Comment

• Originally posted by srwells View Post
                              We own several timeshares. Marriott, Orange Tree in Scottsdale, Wyndham in Flagstaff, Arizona, and points through Fairshare plus. We just rencently got a bill from Fairshare plus with a Programs Fee???? Does anyone know what that's all about??????
                              Welcome to TS4Ms.

Your question regarding Wydham/Fairfield would probably be best answered here:
                              Resort Chain Timeshares - Timeshare Forums
                              Lawren
                              ------------------------
                              There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
                              - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

• I am new to this board. I have a 90000 RHC contract and use rci for trades. I had went to a bluegreen presentation and purchased a small contract fo 16000 dollars. I was intrigued by the concept. Luckily I rescinded in time. After studying different programs I decided to go with RHC I have enjoyed my stays. I mostly go to wavecrest in Del Mar.
                                Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

Working...
                                X