Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Elite contact

I just tried to contact Royal Elite via telephone, I had reservation questions and another change to make. All there toll free numbers are not available, what ever that means, I will try to call their direct numbers to see if I get through. Any one know what may be going on.

Thanx,

Jesse

Comment

• Help, I' m searching for news

I'm an independent journalist currently writing about timeshare issues. As you all may know it is qute difficult to gather valuable information on this topic. I thought that you might be interested to send through your personal stories - both good and bad. For more information and to get a picture of me and my articles please visit my website timeshare consumer information for buyers and sellers timeshare regulation, timeshare uk and europe, timeshare contracts, selling timeshare,
      Let me know what you think of the articles and inspire me with new ideas, questions and stories.Thanks!

Comment

• Buyers Remorse

My wife and I bought a Bluegreen TS a year after we got married (now about 4 years ago). Honestly, I was the one who thought it was a wise decision. It was not. It wasn't the right time for us to be buying a TS. We can hardly keep up with the payments or the fees. Another thing is - when we can afford to go on vacation, we go to visit family who are 12 hours away. That has not left any time for the wonderful vacations that we envisioned when we were signing the paperwork at the sales promotion.

One good thing has been that we learned a valuable lesson. Another is that we have been able to give a few vacations away to family members.

I am on this website to try to find a way to sell our TS.

Comment

• Timeshares sell for signficantly less on the resale market than what one pays when bought from the developer. My suggestion would be to contact a few licensed real estate brokers, specializing in timeshare resales, who are familiar with Bluegreen timeshare resales and are compensated only after the sale has been completed. After you have learned of what about the resale value, you can then decide whether it would be in your best interest to employ a broker or try to sell it privately. There are quite a few internet sites where you can list. Keep in mind pricing your timeshare right is the key to the outcome. Good Luck!

Comment

• Upgraded from developer

Hi everyone.

I've been lurking here for some time, trying to take the advice I read here, but did something y'all say not to -- I bought from the developer. Well, not really *bought* but upgraded. I think my wife and I made a good decision, but we're just a little paranoid because we've heard so many horror stories and hope we're not missing anything.

We had bought a deeded slow week at a TS in NH off Ebay for basically just closing costs. It was a 2BR lockoff (Studio/1BR) in May -- after skiing, and before the main season. We loved the resort from prior visits, and had no problem making it our "home resort," figuring we'd use it maybe 3 out of 5 years and hoped through RCI we could always exchange for a studio in a better week if my wife and I wanted (it was an RCI weeks unit) to do that any particular year.

My parents gifted us some of their own RCI points last month, so we decided to take a fall vacation there and got a call from the ownership office that since we exchanged points, they'd love to meet us and show us the new buildings in the resort. We told them we actually owned there already and they said come in anyway if we wanted, and they'd give us the "owners update."

I was curious what the price would be to convert to points (I thought for more flexibility) for our own "weeks" unit anyway, so we went. My wife and I actually really liked the RCI rep, and he told us the points upgrade wasn't too expensive, but the resort would pay part of or all of the conversion if we "upgraded." Since new buildings were being built, he said he had some great opportunities to upgrade in the older buildings that might not come along for a while again (of course).

He showed up the new "Gold Crown" units, but wasn't pushy at all, just wanted us to see what was available for new stuff. Then went back to the office and helped us find something affordable for us in the older buildings.

We finally ended up getting a week at the end of June with three adjoining units -- a 1BR, a studio & a "hotel room." They gave us full retail price for the weeks unit I had bought for $1 + closing, so the three units were basically 1/2 price, and we have three times the number of RCI points we would have gotten if we had only done weeks-to-points on our original unit. Our rep said we can also turn one of the units over to the resort each year to try to rent if we want. He said no guarantees, but they could probably sell a few nights anyway. All three lock off from one another. My maintenance fees have gone up $200 a year, which is the only bad part of this I think.

I really hope I'm not missing anything because my wife and I went away being a little paranoid based on all the horror stories we have heard. We hope we did the right thing and are looking forward to using our points in other places as well (hoping to hit Disney with our 2-year-old in a couple of years).

As I said, we liked the rep and I don't think we made out too bad, but you never know, right? Bottom line, we love the resort and if worse comes to worse, we will just use our unit and invite people up with us.

Looking forward to learning more and more from all the folks here -- there is so much wisdom on this board!

Comment

• You've sold me.. You might have saved some money simply converting to rci points, or just buying rci pts that transfer on the resale market- but I personally place quite a bit of weight on choosing a home resort that you are comfortable using!

It sounds like you love the resort you purchased, and are happy with the price you paid.. Congrats! If you are happy and plan to use your ownership, you'll get value from your purchase.
              my travel website: Vacation-Times.org.

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
              ~Earl Wilson

Comment

• Thanks! Unless we uncover any hidden issues, I think we're going to be happy with our foray into TS. I actually told the RCI rep that I read here that one big suggestion was buy at a resort where you *want* to spend time. He said for him the only one above that was "buy where you can drive," that you're much more likely to enjoy your unit if you can get there easily and aren't reliant on airfare fluctuations.

Comment

• Hello all

hi all, I wanted to introduce myself. I work in timeshare as well as have owned timeshare for a number of years. Although the industry is currently in a state of flux, I have confidence that it will come back stronger than ever.

I think we all are here for the same reason: to connect with others who enjoy travel, vacation ownership and pretty much anything else entertaining.

Thanks for welcoming me, and looking forward to participating.

Comment

• HI. i AM SHARON AND MY HUSBAND'S NAME IS ANDY. WE HAVE BEEN MEMBERS OF BLUE GREEN FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS. WE ENJOY GOING ON VACATION BUT HAVE TROUBLE GETTING TIME OFF WORK TO GO. WE USE HOTWEEKS ALOT ON OUR DAYS OFF. I WAS GLAD TO FIND THIS SITE. I THINK I WILL LEARN FROM IT. THANKS

Comment

• Hello

We have been timeshare owners since 1999. My wife was the one who insisted that we buy at a visit to Branson (Sunterra). Her point to me was that we had stayed in too many "dump" hotels that were supposed to be highly rated. So, we have been satisfied, and I am not sorry we bought. However, I have learned over the years that I could have bought resale. I did buy another off ebay (for a fraction of the developers cost) some years ago, a fixed week in Gatlinburg that we have enjoyed very much.

I am very grateful for finding this website. I have read many interesting and informative postings. It is great to see what others are feeling and thinking.

I recently attended the most unpleasant "update" ever given. After retiring I have agreed to attend "tours" from a number of companies. It was an opportunity to learn, and it became my favorite source of fiber. I met a few decent salespersons as well as a few jerks. It doesn't seem to vary by company--it is just the individual. I think the most irritating thing about my last experience was the absolute and total misinformation about what was going on with the company. Anyone who has visited their website knows better than what this guy was saying.

Thank you for providing the great information on this site.

John

Comment

• Ka'anapali Beach Club and Diamond Resort Issue....

I am an owner of Ka'anapali Beach Club.

I have 4 timeshares. My first was an ocean view.

I later wanted to buy ocean fronts but was told the correct term was deluxe ocean view. I have purchased 3 of them. I was lead to believe they were ocean front views.

Some folks are angered because they had what they thought were ocean fronts and then there are others out there, like me, who thought they purchased an ocean front. Both sides are impacted negatively should things change. When making a reservation, declare the view you are using and request a specific room. I haven't had a problem yet. I hope that I can say that years from now.

I wish everyone the best of luck!

Comment

• Yachtsman, Myrtle Beach

Well, though we don't know what we are doing, we purchased a timeshare at the Yachtsman in MB. I will post what we got and maybe someone can suggest where we go from here, or what we should do now that we "almost" own it (it's going to closing but will take a few weeks). I guess, once we close, we need to join RCI but don't know whether we join "weeks" or "points" or what we do once we join. While we would like to go over to Myrtle Beach...probably next spring, our may purpose is to be able to swap it for time in other locations. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Float Unit: 2 BR/2 BA
                          Annual Usage
                          Float Week: 9-14, 44-47
                          Clipper Unit
                          Unit N607, Week 9 & 10

Thanks

Comment

• Myrtle Beach trades very well during the summer. The weeks you indicate are terrible. Get out now, while you can. You will have horrible trading power with those weeks.
                            In Vino Veritas

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe L
                              Myrtle Beach trades very well during the summer. The weeks you indicate are terrible. Get out now, while you can. You will have horrible trading power with those weeks.
                              Thanks Joe. I only paid $1 for the 2 weeks and the seller is paying all the closing costs, so all I will really have invested is the maintenance fee. So, since I will have to pay that for the year, do you suggest that I then try to sell it (heck, I can sell for $2 and double my money!!) as soon as it closes or keep it for the year and see what I can do? We are new in to timeshares and really don't know what we are doing but for $1, what the heck! Can we trade those 2 weeks in a 2br for a 1br at another time of the year or will that be hard to do? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Geordie97 View Post
                                Thanks Joe. I only paid $1 for the 2 weeks and the seller is paying all the closing costs, so all I will really have invested is the maintenance fee. So, since I will have to pay that for the year, do you suggest that I then try to sell it (heck, I can sell for $2 and double my money!!) as soon as it closes or keep it for the year and see what I can do? We are new in to timeshares and really don't know what we are doing but for $1, what the heck! Can we trade those 2 weeks in a 2br for a 1br at another time of the year or will that be hard to do? Thanks
                                You don't seem new to the timeshare world. Why did you not tell us u paid $1 for 2 weeks? I think you are trying to scam us here. Nice try. But didn't work.
                                In Vino Veritas

Comment

Working...
                                X