Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tideway View Post
    Hello Everybody. Myself is camelia 23 years old from U.S.A. I am a newbie in forum
    and I wants to say hello to everybody. I am feeling very pleasure to join forum work.

Comment

• Originally posted by srav
      Thanks Hobbitess for such a detailed response. Thank you so much
      We belong to blue green and did not know anything about a fixed week beyond our points
      could you explain this to me. Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are saying.
      Thanks for your help

Comment

• Originally posted by trites
        We belong to blue green and did not know anything about a fixed week beyond our points
        could you explain this to me.
        Bluegreen points are connected to a particular resort and week. For instance, we have 8000 points that are connected to a particular week at a unit in Christmas Mountain Village. 12 months ahead of time, we can reserve that unit for that week - which will use all our points on that account - and we will get it. If we do not claim it 12 months out, then at 11 months out those points will go into the "common pool," and anyone can rent that unit, while we can use our points for any Bluegreen resort.

Say we owned week 27 at CMV. On July 14th, 2010, I could reserve the week of July 4, 2011 (assuming the weeks there are Saturday to Saturday - can't remember, actually) in that unit (or that type of unit). Doesn't matter who else wants it; we get it, as long as we reserve it 12 months out. At eleven months out, it goes to whoever is at the head of the wait list/whoever asks for it first.

If we bought another 8000, we could use our first 8000 to reserve that unit in Wisconsin Dells, and would have the other 8000 to play with where ever - or use them to reserve the unit they're attached to at 12 months out. That's why Bluegreen units at Big Cedar can resell at a slightly higher rate than most Bluegreen points - people who want that week guaranteed will pay a bit more for them.

Aside from that one fact, Bluegreen points are Bluegreen points, and it doesn't matter where you own.

Comment

• Thanks for the information. I called and found out exactly what I have.

Comment

• Looking to sell a timeshare

Originally posted by Hobbitess View Post
            Depending on how you define "practically give the place away," he can probably get rid of it, but he may need help within the family to get the Maintenance fees clear first. It's a buyer's market right now, and there are people willing to buy most Timeshares for cost (which is to say, buyer pays for the transfer fees). We bought our Bluegreen points this way - for five dollars plus costs of transfer. People are much more likely to buy if all the maintenance fees are up to date, though. I would recommend you list the TS here and at TUG for starts.

You also might ask on another subform - maybe the one that includes Massachusetts or in the RCI forum here - and find out what the TS is actually worth. Some timeshares are worth more than others, although even the ones that will bring in a bit of money will only bring in what the market will bear, and right now the market won't bear much. But even a pretty average TS will sell for costs if you can find the right customer. I suspect that here and TUG are where you're most likely to find someone who is interested.

Thanks for your response. What is the best way for me to post my dad's timeshare here? The fees will be paid up for this year. He's not looking to make a big profit but I'm hoping he could perhaps get $1-2,000 for it. It's a Red week in Mashpee MA.

Comment

• Our classified section. Anyone selling now will most likely not be selling for a profit and may more likely be lucky to give away their week. If it's not a summer week, you might just try giving it away on our freebie section.

Comment

• Hello all!!!
                I am new to the site.

So far I have seen a lot of great info!!

Keep it up

Comment

• YO

Sam the man is the man the sam

Comment

• I'm back again!

I actually found this site sometime ago and then got "lost"......my mistake as we all learn so much from others about TSing.

I'm Barb and I live in Honolulu. I've actually had Tss for several years, first purchasing at full price, then found TUG and got smarter. Most of my TSs are in Hawaii but I also have one in Stowe, Vt (The Trapp Family Lodge). I'm also in the process of selling one in Florida.

I'm an RN, still working full time, but getting closing to retirement if the economy would just brighter up some more! But I'm very lucky that I have a job I really enjoy and that I do well and I work with a great team......so no whining on my part allowed!

I love to travel (don't we all!) and I am looking forward to trading into Europe after I retire. I always go to Vermont for the fall colors, and I have so many other trips planned in my head.

I always enjoy meeting other owners .....best opportunity seems to be at Owner's meetings. I hope I'll meet more of you when I'm "out there"!

Barb

Comment

• Welcome back, Barb.

Sue

Comment

• Greg

Greg here!

Comment

• Greetings all -

My name is Chris, and I'm quickly devloping an addiction to timeshares

Bought our first one last year and am looking to add something else to the mix. We own a small DVC contract at SSR via resale last year, and instead of adding on there I'm looking to broaden my horizons a bit and see what else may be a good fit for our family of 4.

Please be gentle as you'll no doubt end up getting some incredibly basic questions from me, ones that I'm sure you've answered before

In return the only thing I can offer is some of my DVC knowledge and some occasionally bad humor.

Looking forward to picking your brains,

Chris

Comment

• Originally posted by logan115
                            Greeting all -

My name is Chris, and I'm quickly devloping an addiction to timeshares

Bought our first one last year and am looking to add something else to the mix. We own a small DVC contract at SSR via resale last year, and instead of adding on there I'm looking to broaden my horizons a bit and see what else may be a good fit for our family of 4.

Please be gentle as you'll no doubt end up getting some incredibly basic questions from me, ones that I'm sure you've answered before

In return the only thing I can offer is some of my DVC knowledge and some occasionally bad humor.

Looking forward to picking your brains,

Chris
                            Welcome, Chris - I'm sure you'll find yourself at home here

Comment

• Originally posted by Glitter Brunello
                              Welcome, Chris - I'm sure you'll find yourself at home here
                              Thanks for the welcome - and prepare yourself !

Chris

Comment

• learning... to buy

My name is Will and I am looking to buy one the resale market and need to educate myself on how to evaluate a used timeshare.

I would like a timeshare on Maui or the Big Island of Hawaii.

I plan on trading 75% of the time. I am joining this forum to learn so I can make an educated purchase to fit my needs.

thanks,
                                Will

Comment

Working...
                                X