Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone
    I joined back in February. All I do is read and I never post. I am a TUG member as I see many others are as well. I have been a timeshare owner for a couple of years now. My most recent purchase was resale for Westgate Lakes in Orlando. Like others have mentioned, I wish I knew then, what I know now. Although I am very happy being a Westgate member, I wish I had purchased outside of Orlando and just traded in. But my family and I do love and enjoy Westgate, so I don't really feel all that bad.

I am married with 3 children, 2 sons ages 26 and 17. And 1 daughter age 3!! No its not a typo, we have a 3 year old daughter, and a 7 year old granddaughter!!

I really can't remember how I found this forum, but I am so glad I did. Everyone seems to be nice, friendly and respectful so I look forward to many conversations and posts. Although I do try to keep my posts simple, cut and dry it rarely works out that way. They tend to be lengthy. But I promise to try to be brief and to the point as much as possible.

Comment

• Welcome! I look forward to hearing (well, actually reading I guess) what you have to say!
      my travel website: Vacation-Times.org.

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
      ~Earl Wilson

Comment

Hello, my name is Sal. I have been a Worldmark Owner (long before Cendant or Wyndham) for 16 years and love it.

We also own a Manhattan Club (NYC) timeshare which we have been somewhat dissatisfied with (maintenance dues are high) and are looking to sell it. Great location, but for the money - there are many other places we would rather vacation. New York is great, but very expensive!

Comment

• Originally posted by turbolion
          Hello, my name is Sal. I have been a Worldmark Owner (long before Cendant or Wyndham) for 16 years and love it.

We also own a Manhattan Club (NYC) timeshare which we have been somewhat dissatisfied with (maintenance dues are high) and are looking to sell it. Great location, but for the money - there are many other places we would rather vacation. New York is great, but very expensive!
          Hi Sal and welcome to TS4Ms

We have many Worldmark owners here and they seem like a satisfied group of owners.

Manhattan Club certainly is an expensive ownership that is probably best used yourself or rent out by reserving a high demand week to cover your costs.

I look forward to seeing your posts.
          Pat
          *** My Website ***

Comment

• I'm brand new to this and kinda on edge about it!

Me and my hubby jumped into Westgate Smoky Mountains last year and I'm a little weary that I'm not seeing too much about Westgate that's positive. I just want to sell it and be done. Any suggestions?

Comment

• The bad news is that what you can get for it is not anywhere near what you paid. Watch out for the upfront resellers, all they want is that upfront fee. Check EBAY for any resale history and stick around to get some good info on how to best utilize the timeshare.

Comment

• Learn how to use it!

Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                Me and my hubby jumped into Westgate Smoky Mountains last year and I'm a little weary that I'm not seeing too much about Westgate that's positive. I just want to sell it and be done. Any suggestions?
                Your best option is simply to learn how to get the most out of it (and be prepared for future upgrade presentations and owner update situations!). That is one of the nicest resorts in that area, and it's a great place to vacation so it can provide you with years of wonderful travel.

If you decide that you won't ever use it and have to sell- you are going to be shocked at what the current market might bear.

Good luck!
                my travel website: Vacation-Times.org.

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
                ~Earl Wilson

Comment

• New to the site and new to timeshare. Actually do not own any yet. Am very interested in buying so we can travel more. I wish there was a sticky with some information for complete noobs. Thank you all.

Comment

• I'm Bryan and my wife and I recently bought a place at the Grandview in Las Vegas with the idea if never using the unit, but using the exchange value.

Unfortunately, we aren't seeing the availability of places that we would want to exchange for yet, but we're hoping we can learn the system.

We also are realizing that we like to travel to cities, and not so much to resorts, so we may need to rethink our travel style a little bit.

Comment

• Newbie loggin in first time

I just purchased, from blue-green while in Branson. First time to ever purchase a vacation plan. have attended many presentations over the years, was never impressed with the usual roping and hogtying ...
                      Bought an entry level 6K with VIP (RCI and Coast to Coast)
                      gotta figure out how to use it now.
                      I am retired military (been retired 6 years now) but, still in the working class. Wife and I both continue to feel compelled to keep doing this nasty thing....
                      We usually RV (have 36 foot fiver) with a diesel tug, and enjoy long weekends at lakes and various parks in the mid-south.

Comment

• If you are RVing, I would suggest looking into Christmas Mountain Village at Wis Dells. I know they have pull through sites, and I think you can use the BG points for that.

And welcome to the group and to BG. You will learn a lot about...well, pretty much everything here, including time shares and Bluegreen.
                        Don

Comment

• I am a newbie

Hello all,

I found this site while doing research on the oil spill.

Comment

• Newbie at TS4MS

Hello,

I've been a browser for a long time, but now that I have a need to sell a week, I'm a member! Yipee!

My wife and I own a week at Bluebeard's Castle Hilltop Villas II. It's week 47, the Thanksgiving week. It's at the end of Hurricaine season, so the wether is balmy and changeable. We like it that way.

I hope this site will help me, but even if not, I hope I can learn a lot here and maybe help others or make friends.

Wish me luck!

Comment

• Hello,

My name is Erik and I am new to the forum! I look forward to sharing and gathering as much info possible on the timeshare business.

I came about this forum looking for information on starting a timeshare business. My family in Costa Rica has a hotel and we are looking into this sort of business. The timeshare business is new to me us.

I am looking for any tips or formulas on how to calculate an aggressive but competitive timeshare business on our property.

Any information or links would be great!

Thank you.

Erik

Comment

• Hi, I'm Kerrey. My husband James and I are new Bluegreen owners. We bought in April at Big Cedar. We have our first reservation for October at Big Cedar, and can't wait! We are looking for great family vacations with our 2 kiddos, ages 6 and 9.

Comment

Working...
                                X