Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi! I'm Toya. We bought our timeshare 2 years ago in Massanutten, VA. I would rather own at Disney but we just can not afford to buy there. We bought so we could travel in different places but we only seem to go to Disney. I guess when you have 3 kids ranging from 6-10 that is the place to be. I have learned quite a bit already from this site. I am eager to figure out how I can make my timeshare benefit me more.

Comment

• Welcome to the Forums! I think you'll love this place.. There is no better source on the internet for timeshare related information and to share strategies to get the most from your ownership!

my travel website: Vacation-Times.org.

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
      ~Earl Wilson

Comment

• I'm Athur 21 years old, i'm from a small town called Rockhampton in Queensland Australia. I'm so happy to be there.

Comment

• Hi Folks,

I just learned of this forum through someone from another forum

Glad to meet you, and hope to contribute.

-Lee

Comment

• Hi,
            I came to this forum by way of a post on disboards. We more or less inherited the timeshare my parents bought for trading in the early 80's. It is a very nice summer red week in the mountains. We all love the unit but everybody in the family has a reason why they can't go that particular week. Consequently it is a hassle to use the week every year. I was able to trade an expiring week to DVC next spring, and would like to make that an annual trip. I am just trying to figure out if there is any pattern to how and when DVC deposits to RCI

Marty.

Comment

• Welcome to all the new posters!

Originally posted by mkarizona
              Hi,
              I am just trying to figure out if there is any pattern to how and when DVC deposits to RCI
              This thread discusses when DVC is deposited, I believe. It's somewhat RCI points-oriented.

http://www.timeshareforums.com/forum...to-disney.html

This one is more weeks-oriented:

http://www.timeshareforums.com/forum...hange-dvc.html

And this is the forum where people post what DVC they see available:

http://www.timeshareforums.com/forum...opportunities/

If someone says a DVC is available in that forum and you can't see it, post to that thread asking if it's still there, and if it is, then you've probably got a trading challenge to work with. The earlier you can deposit your week, the more "exchange power" it has, but beyond that I don't know how you can strengthen your trading power with a fixed week. Which doesn't mean there aren't tricks I don't know about! If you post to the "Timeshare Feedback" board for the area where your timeshare is located, asking for hints on using your particular week, you might get feedback sometime.

Orlando is overbuilt and packed with snazzy timeshares, so even if it turns out you can't get DVC, if you can go offseason you most likely can get somewhere nice and near to Disney even without a terrific trader. If you can only go summer or during school breaks it'll be tougher.

Good luck!

Comment

• New Wyndham Owner

My name is Joni and I just bought resale points for Ft. Lauerdale Palm-Aires. I have recieved my copy of the recorded deed and I am just waiting for Wyndham to acknowledge my account so I can book something!! I have been reading these boards like crazy and trying to learn as much as I can before I book my first trip. I rented points from a friend for Bonnet Creek and fell in love. I wanted to buy there but startup for Bonnet Creek as opposed to Ft. Lauerdale where significant. (So if anyone knows of a good Bonnet Creek resale - let me know!) We vacation in Sept and I have read that it is easy to trade for Bonnet Creek in Sept - crossing my fingers that is true!!

Thanks for all the information. I am wanting to trade for DVC (if possible) and Bonnet Creek mostly. Any tips would be appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by princesskayla
                  My name is Joni and I just bought resale points for Ft. Lauerdale Palm-Aires. I have recieved my copy of the recorded deed and I am just waiting for Wyndham to acknowledge my account so I can book something!! I have been reading these boards like crazy and trying to learn as much as I can before I book my first trip. I rented points from a friend for Bonnet Creek and fell in love. I wanted to buy there but startup for Bonnet Creek as opposed to Ft. Lauerdale where significant. (So if anyone knows of a good Bonnet Creek resale - let me know!) We vacation in Sept and I have read that it is easy to trade for Bonnet Creek in Sept - crossing my fingers that is true!!

Thanks for all the information. I am wanting to trade for DVC (if possible) and Bonnet Creek mostly. Any tips would be appreciated.
                  hello and welcome.

BC is pretty readily available in Wyndham if you use your Wyndham points. Not so much if you try to get it thru RCI. I've even seen it discounted for points so you shouldn't have any problems with September. You don't need to own in BC to stay there as with Wyndham, points are points no matter where you own except you pay higher maintenance fees in some resorts.

I'd try to get familiar with what you have purchased already. If you bought direct you might want to cancel if you are still within your recission period and buy resale real cheap on ebay or elsewhere. Stick around and we'd be happy to help you get familiar with Wyndham.

Comment

• Originally posted by princesskayla
                    I am wanting to trade for DVC (if possible) and Bonnet Creek mostly. Any tips would be appreciated.
                    If you want to trade for DVC, you may not want to own in Bonnet Creek. Orlando owners are usually barred from DVC - that doesn't usually apply with point systems, but I have heard of one case where someone owned points based in Orlando who was denied a DVC trade on those grounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hobbitess
                      If you want to trade for DVC, you may not want to own in Bonnet Creek. Orlando owners are usually barred from DVC - that doesn't usually apply with point systems, but I have heard of one case where someone owned points based in Orlando who was denied a DVC trade on those grounds.
                      That's good to know.

Comment

• Hello!!

Hi and thank for having me. My wife and I just purchased a timeshare through II at the Welk Resorts San Diego. We are very excited about all of the travelling we will be doing in the future. We have always wanted to travel more and have dreams of my places we want to go to(T&C being at the top of my list, Italy at the top of my wife's) and we feel owning a timeshare will provide us the opportunity to afford and motivation to actually do it.
                        Thanks again for the wonderful site and I look forward to being an active and positive member,
                        Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by Skidazl View Post
                          Hi and thank for having me. My wife and I just purchased a timeshare through II at the Welk Resorts San Diego. We are very excited about all of the travelling we will be doing in the future. We have always wanted to travel more and have dreams of my places we want to go to(T&C being at the top of my list, Italy at the top of my wife's) and we feel owning a timeshare will provide us the opportunity to afford and motivation to actually do it.
                          Thanks again for the wonderful site and I look forward to being an active and positive member,
                          Dave
                          Hi Dave,
                          Stick around and the pros on here will help you fulfill those dreams. I'm still a newbie myself but this is definetely my go-to place for advice.
                          See you around.

Comment

• Thanks Christine, though through some good advice, I hope, I am planning on returning it within the 7 day grace period and doing more research. Will be buying again in the future, but not right away and not without a solid plan...

Comment

• Hi all

I am an owner at Senedo Springs in Virginia and Wyndham Alexandria in Virginia.

My most recent stay was at Wyndham Grand Desert in Las Vegas. It was a basic one bedroom and was very nice.

My only complaint was the "30 minute" meeting that ended up being 2.5 hours where I was told I was crap since I'm not a VIP and I had better pony up $13K quickly, or I won't be able to do anything.

I also found out that in order to be a VIP, you must purchase points from Wyndham.

Isn't that like saying I can sell my car, but the new owner can't have the air conditioning?

Anyway, I'm very frustrated with Wyndham and would like to get out (I think).

Evidently, my maintenance is about to go up to $1500/year, and I own a tiny number of points.

Wyndsux.

Hope you all are well.

Comment

• Don't let a bad sales presentation ruin you on the product.. Nobody likes how timeshares are sold (except for Mr. SalesWeasel himself)- but the end result is great vacations..

In the future, avoid the "presentations", "updates", or "welcome meetings" and simply enjoy your vacations!

By the way-- Welcome to the Forums! I hope you stay around to share info about your trips and experiences...
                                my travel website: Vacation-Times.org.

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
                                ~Earl Wilson

Comment

Working...
                                X