Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tonyg View Post
    I got my introduction to timesharing sometime in the 1980's when I bought at The Inns of Waterville Valley in NH. After thinking it over a day or two, I rescinded. Did several Orlando presentations on trips there in the 80's and 90's and finally bought a resale in the mid 90's- my big mistake- in Orlando. After a couple of trips to the Royals in the 90's I bought 3 consecutive weeks at the Royals. Got into the South Africa craze after I joined TUG in 1998 and bought 2 weeks there. Bought a few more Royals along the way and then after discovering I had way more timeshares than needed, began to whittle down the portfolio. I also sort of inherited a Williamsburg week by marriage. Now we are down to 3 weeks, which can get us up to 5 weeks of vacation a year which is still more than we need, but we finally are at the point where we don't have to book it or lose it.
    Hope you weren't trying to get away from me cuz I just followed y'all over here. Sheesh, I'm running out of aliases! I know a lot of you like to keep the same "identity" but not me. Don't worry, I'm harmless, just a lil ole timeshare board addict, racking up more time online than on vacation.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidwilsoon
      Hope you weren't trying to get away from me cuz I just followed y'all over here. Sheesh, I'm running out of aliases! I know a lot of you like to keep the same "identity" but not me. Don't worry, I'm harmless, just a lil ole timeshare board addict, racking up more time online than on vacation.

Comment

My wife and I own at Woodstone in Massanutten, Virginia. We originally bought from the developer about five years ago. I wish I was more educated at the time.

I love timeshares. Just don't like the initial price that the developer charged, the lack of influence that owners have during development, and the poorly developed resale market.

Still, we enjoy Massanutten and the resorts that we have exchanged.

I hope to learn more by joining this forum.

Nitram

Comment

• Believe me I WANT to use the timeshare. LaPension is beautiful and I love New Orleans.

Comment

• I'm new. My name is Shirley and David is my domestic partner. We've been together about 11 years.

My son (and grandchildren) were invited to the Silverleaf's Fox River Resort by friends. They have an RV park and my son was there camping. My son loved the resort and talked me into coming down to see the place. I spent at least 2 hours with the salesperson but I refused to pay the price. He did take me on a tour of the place and I fell in love. Now I'm trying to find a resale for Silverleaf for us and my son.

I joined the Timeshare Users Group along with Yahoo's Silverleaf's Timeshare Owner's Group. I'm trying to find out all I can about timeshares and, specifically Silverleaf.

Our use of the timeshare is probably unique. We have a motorhome that we use for travel, and the Silverleaf resorts have 5 campgrounds: 1 in IL, 2 in MO and 2 in TX. I don't expect to really use the "condo" portion, but the thought of buying/paying now and getting the free camping has me sold. But as a result, I'm looking to buy CHEAP!

Shirley

Comment

• Owner > 10 years

Hi everyone,

My name is Tammy. My hubby and I have been TS owners for > 10 years. We've been victim to every scam in the book to try to sell. We recently attended an owner's update and were talked into purchasing additional points. When we got home, we had second thoughts so exercised our rights to rescind our decision. The sales manager tried to make us feel bad for the salesman because he spent "so much time with us". Ha ha ha!!! Anyway, BG is not that bad and we're finally at a point in our lives when we can use it. If we decide to purchase additional points- we're definitely going resale.

Comment

• hi, Iam new here my name is christine I have a timeshare at westgate lakes. I need to get rid of it due to health problems anyone intrested please email me ailandgirl47@aol.com thanks

Comment

• Found this site a bit too late

Well, better late than never.

My wife and I purchased timeshare at Torrenza Mazatlan and tried to back out within our 5 day recession period after deciding it was too good to be true.

We have been unable to recover our money, and have heard nothing from the Torrenza. So, I started reading for help.

Everyone here seems very helpful. Hopefully I can offer assistance to some others in what my experience has been. I also hope I will be able to tell members here what finally worked to get our money back.

Don

Comment

• Originally posted by tonyg View Post
                    Well if you don't know this name, you must be pretty new to timesharing. I'm a member of TUG, TSTips, TimeshareTalk (UK)and subscribe to TST magazine. Hey, Trev - how did you beat me here ?
                    Gerry & I were in Las Vegas in 1983 visiting our son, who had just moved there & and we wandered into a 'tourist info' booth to ask about tickets and, of course, they sent us to the Jockey Club (and we would get some tickets ). Yes, we bought 2 weeks and we still own them, plus an U & L @the Summit @ Massunutten (yeah,ANOTHER developer week), and we own a few FF points with our unit at FF Glade. Of all the units I really like our Oak Knoll unit at FF Glade.

Comment

• New To Timeshares

Hello,
                      I am new to timeshares and have some real newbee questions.

First one is:
                      Is anyone familiar with RCI-Resorts Condominium International?

Do they have a good reputation?

Is anyone here permitted to discuss the pros and cons of different timeshare companies?

What are your opinions on Timeshare Vacation Ownerships?

Has anyone heard of RCI...Ron Jon Caribe Resort in Cocoa Beach, FL?

Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Georgia632 View Post
                        Hello,
                        I am new to timeshares and have some real newbee questions.

First one is:
                        Is anyone familiar with RCI-Resorts Condominium International?

Do they have a good reputation?

Is anyone here permitted to discuss the pros and cons of different timeshare companies?

What are your opinions on Timeshare Vacation Ownerships?

Has anyone heard of RCI...Ron Jon Caribe Resort in Cocoa Beach, FL?

Thank you.
                        Hello, and welcome.
                        RCI is a very well established company. They have a reputation, but depending on who you talk to it is either a good one or a bad one. The exchangers who have been around for many years used to be able to do a lot more with their trades back in the day. RCI frustrates a lot of people who feel they are no longer in the business of making exchanges that make peole happy.
                        That being said, if you stick around here you will see that there are ways to maximize your membership to RCI, and the people here are very willing to share their tips and expertise.
                        There are also other exchange companies out there. You can search on the forums to learn more about them. Perhaps one or more of them will suit your needs. You can also use multiple exchange companies, and many people do.
                        We are not only permitted to discuss the pros and cons of the various companies, but we are encouraged to do so.
                        You will see that most of us here have a love/hate relationship with timeshares. But it is rooted in love.
                        I have heard of Ron Jon Caribe, but do not know anything about it. You can post that question in another forum where people who are familiar with it may be more apt to see it and answer your question.
                        Again, welcome to Timeshare Forums.
                        Jacki

Comment

• Vacation Village Bonaventure Florida for sale

Husband & his friend bought this timeshare when they were younger, about 10-15 years now. They have used it maybe 3 times.

I have never owned a timeshare & never will; however, I'm linked into the financial burden now that I'm married to one of the co-owners.

We just want to sell. I've been researching very hard. learning some info from this site, and many others like TUB, and also I particularly always goodle the government/legislation of Florida as they are suppose to have unbiased consumer beware, and what to do and what not to do.

Our maintenance fees were about $500 US funds, and just got our Jan 1, 2011 bill for now $750. US funds. My goal is to try & properly sell this timeshare once and for all, not get ripped off, legally, and hopefully at least even get our 2011 maintenance fee back plus any additional costs incurred with transfer of title etc. We do not owe on timeshare. It is week 52.
                          Vacation Village Bonaventure Florida. I think it's a nice place. We just have absolutely no use for it and it's more of a liability for us with the maintenance fees increasing slowly but steadily.

That's about it for now.
                          Lisa

Comment

• New Wyndham Owner

I am a new Wyndham owner and I know very little about the bonus points they give you to sweeten the pot in order for you to buy. I was "told" I could do whatever I wanted with these points and that included booking a trip and either selling the trip or let Wyndham's Extra Holidays do it for me. How hard is it to sell time on your own? Is it easier to let them do it but sacrifice a good portion of the monies? I have booked 4 nights in a 2 bedroom deluxe at Bonnett Creek at Disney beginning July 2, 2011 to help offset the down payment on the TS. What is a reasonable amount to ask for this vacation?

Thanks for your feedback.

Comment

• Hello Carolina. When did you purchase this timeshare.

Comment

• Hi from AZ!

Hi my name is Debbie and have been married for 17 years (tomorrow). We have 3 children. We purchased our first timeshare in Hawaii, came home and cancelled it. It was $25,000, 10 years ago. Then we went to Cabo, bought 1 week at the Villa del Palmar. I just don't feel like we are using our timeshare effectively. So I found this forum and I'm hoping to learn some tricks. I'm already confused. Hope to learn and then share with another newbie.

Comment

Working...
                                X