Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I deposited the points on January 4th. Can't view them in RCI, because I am a Wyndham owner. Looks like November 4th is available but they never called me.

Comment

• Can I just go on the Wyndham website and get the same information you received or is it only for deposits after January 11th?

Comment

• New to this time share thing

I'm know very little about the time share thing.

I've pondered it for myself and my family for some time....

However my motivation for joining this forum is that my mother called me a week or so from the Harbor Side near Atlantis in the Bahama's. She was giving serious consideration to purchasing a unit there for $21,000.00 or so with 1400.00 per year in maintanence fees.

After talking through the whole senario for a bit, I persuaded her into waiting and exploring multiple locales before making any commitments.

I have since agreed to invetigate the whole thing and report back - it certainly seems that the reseler market will be the way to go thus far.

Here is what I know so far about what she wants:
        1. Wants to be able to put her feet in caribean style clear ocean water
        2. needs to be easy to get to from the Northeast USA
        3. She would like to own it, and be able to pass it on to her kids...
        4. Needs to be on the upscale side and tradeable for other locations

Can you direct me to a link or book that will provide me with some basic eduaction on all this? I'm certain its all in here somewhere, but I may never find it!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by deblikestimeshare View Post
          Can I just go on the Wyndham website and get the same information you received or is it only for deposits after January 11th?
          You can view available units on the Wyndham RCI portal without having made a deposit. You cannot reserve a unit until you have enough points deposited. But you can see how many points are required for the unit you want.

Deposits made before January 11 have to be made via phone, under the "old" system.
          Puppymom in MO

Comment

• Originally posted by Momstimeshare View Post
            After talking through the whole senario for a bit, I persuaded her into waiting and exploring multiple locales before making any commitments.

I have since agreed to invetigate the whole thing and report back - it certainly seems that the reseler market will be the way to go thus far.
            Welcome to the forums! Congratulations for talking your mother out of making a decision she would probably regret. In most situations resale is the way to go, although some of us are happy with the developer's purchase we have made.

Stick around. It will take time, but there is a wealth of information here.

Again, welcome.
            Puppymom in MO

Comment

• Originally posted by puppymommo
              Welcome to the forums! Congratulations for talking your mother out of making a decision she would probably regret. In most situations resale is the way to go, although some of us are happy with the developer's purchase we have made.

Stick around. It will take time, but there is a wealth of information here.

Again, welcome.
              Thank you...

Boy this thing needs spell check - I just embarrassed myself!

Comment

• Temptations Time share owner

We loved the resort so much we purchased through RCI, I hope we can rent our 3 units, we will see..

Comment

• Introducing Myself

My name is Corri, and my parents recently bought a RCI timeshare to use in retirement. I took my first RCI vacation over Christmas in Cancun and loved the all inclusive resorts, beaches and night life. I stayed at Temptation and SeaAdventure and would recommend them both, food at Temptation was amazing!

I've been working for a company that offers vacation ownership for a little over a year now in Canada as a Graphic Designer. After reading a few posts I realized I don't know as much as I thought. I'm looking forward to reading and learning a lot and hopefully contributing something to the discussion.

Comment

• Hi

My name is Dawn, I am a divorced mom of 2 teenaged daughters. I bought my first timeshare in Cancun back in the 1980s, with my room mate, she married 1st and took it with her. I bought my second timeshare in New Orleans with my husband, we sold it during the divorce.

Both of my previous timeshares were bought through a sales pitch lol, now I have discovered that it is possible to purchase one from someone who doesn't want theirs anymore for a much discounted price, sounds better! I am just trying to figure out where and when to buy and how to get the most out of my timeshare.

I love to travel and especially love the caribbean but don't think I want to buy my timeshare there. So, will be reading the forums and probably asking advice lol!

Thanks,

Dawn

Comment

• Good thinking. Take some time to find a highly rated timeshare in an in demand location an season. Also research exchange companies as resorts affiliate mostly wit RCI or II. Some companies also offer points which can be used at multiple locations with out paying another fee for the exchange.

Comment

• Hi! I'm new here.

My name is Lisa. My husband and I have three grown boys 19, 21 and 24. We bought our first TS in Breckenridge at Grand Timber Lodge on a ski trip and rescinded our offer when we found same deal for half the price online, and have really enjoyed the past 7 yrs there. Just bought a second EOY at the Grand Lodge so we can trade one of them out for other destinations. I 'think' they both have good trading power. We'll see.
                        I'm just trying to learn about trades and found this site, which looks like a good one. I'm glad to see so many people are liking the TS world as I have read some bad reviews online.
                        I'm wondering why many of you 'came over here' from TUG. I'm curious why. I just found that today also and didn't want to pay for advice. Is it worth the $$$ if you can just ask questions here?

Comment

• You can post for free on both sites. Welcome to the board. You should have excellent trading power.

Comment

• Originally posted by kirbytravels View Post
                            My name is Lisa. My husband and I have three grown boys 19, 21 and 24. We bought our first TS in Breckenridge at Grand Timber Lodge on a ski trip and rescinded our offer when we found same deal for half the price online, and have really enjoyed the past 7 yrs there. Just bought a second EOY at the Grand Lodge so we can trade one of them out for other destinations. I 'think' they both have good trading power. We'll see.
                            I'm just trying to learn about trades and found this site, which looks like a good one. I'm glad to see so many people are liking the TS world as I have read some bad reviews online.
                            I'm wondering why many of you 'came over here' from TUG. I'm curious why. I just found that today also and didn't want to pay for advice. Is it worth the $$$ if you can just ask questions here?
                            This site is 100% free but not all forums are open to you yet, The more you post the more you will see, Next stage you will see Exchange Opportunities after hitting 30 posts. You can get there sooner by being a site contributer or by putting in a good Review.
                            Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

• thanks!

Thanks, Bigfrank! I'd be happy to put in a review if I knew how to start a new thread. I can't figure it out so far.

Comment

• Btw

What do you mean by trading opportunities?

Comment

Working...
                                X