Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kirbytravels View Post
    Thanks, Bigfrank! I'd be happy to put in a review if I knew how to start a new thread. I can't figure it out so far.
    Hi, welcome. I am a member of both sites and love them both. Not going to say which is my favorite....

You will learn a lot here, I know I did and everyone is so helpful and kind.
    I was going to help you by telling you how to post a new thread as I have been in same boat as you before and guess what now I cannot remember how myself...I hope someone comes along and gives an easy explanation...
    Timeshare Addict - Mexico Travel Abounds - Happy Vacations!!

Comment

• thanks, bezerk!

Bigfrank tells me I need to have 30 posts before I can start a thread. Hopefully I can find something to contribute to some existing threads. Being fairly new to the whole TS thing, that may not be a simple task.

Comment

• Originally posted by kirbytravels View Post
        Bigfrank tells me I need to have 30 posts before I can start a thread. Hopefully I can find something to contribute to some existing threads. Being fairly new to the whole TS thing, that may not be a simple task.
        3O Posts to see the exchange opps or sightings. YOu can start a thread anytime you like, even after 1 post
        Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

• considering buying a timeshare

Hello I am considering buying timeshare points through RCI but am leery with how many people complain that they cannot book vacations that they would like. Could someone that already has an account look up a resort and week for me and tell me if this date and location is available for you, since I am not yet a member the RCI website will not allow me to.
          May 28 2011 -June 4 2011 at
          Ron Jon Cape Caribe Resort (#6988).

Thank you
          Janelly

Comment

• Originally posted by janelly248 View Post
            Hello I am considering buying timeshare points through RCI but am leery with how many people complain that they cannot book vacations that they would like. Could someone that already has an account look up a resort and week for me and tell me if this date and location is available for you, since I am not yet a member the RCI website will not allow me to.
            May 28 2011 -June 4 2011 at
            Ron Jon Cape Caribe Resort (#6988).

Thank you
            Janelly
            This is late to be seeking a 2011 summer exchange. Also that is a holiday week so can be harder to get. There is a lot of availability for this resort Sept-Dec 2011.

Someone with more RCI experience (I've only made one exchange) might be able to give you a little more guidance.
            Puppymom in MO

Comment

• Hi-all

My name is Bryan
              My wife Yvonne and I bought one back in 98 when i used to be with an Airline and used it every year that was then , since then i've retired 5 years ago used the point a few times thats about it for that one.
              Were we live now (on the coast) we bought the cheapest week we could get to use the facilities, and we make use of them.
              Now since it seams like this industry is changing for the worst I joined this form to see what eveybodys thoughts are on this. Here we go !

Comment

• New member, Jeff

New member to the forum and new to Timeshare as well. Bought 5,500 pts. from DRI's The Club and just used it for the first time since the purchase. So far, so good but I want to increase my 5,500 pts to 15,000 or 30,000 pts if I can do so by taking advantage of the resale offers...just don't know much about it as of yet.
                Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Spoke with a sales rep in DRI who explained I would have to purchase at least 2,000 pts from them and have the contract written so as to allow the marriage or inclusion of the resale points into The Club. BUT, upon sitting through another sales invitation during my week-long stay, I learned some conflicting information concerning what I had previously been told about resale points. Now I'm not sure if they were just trying to corner the sale 100% themselves and detracting me from the resale points route I was set on; or perhaps they were right that there huge restrictions associated with resale points; no matter how the contract is written.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Comment

• New member, Jeff

Oh I can answer that one because we do resale Diamond points. There are two types of Diamond points. The first is when someone has a deeded week and joins the club. Those points are never transferable and in a resale they ownership reverts to a week only. The second is The US Collection. When these were Sunterra points it was referred to as the Florida Trust. This is a collection of 19 resorts, the points are a membership, not deeded to a specific resort and can only be used at the 19 resorts.

Diamond does not like to add resale points to an exisiting account and some people are now having it written into their contract that they can add a certain amount of resale points. Even if it is not written into your original contract, if you buy resale points and ask them to add them to your account, they will make you a deal where they will do so IF you buy additional points from them. There is no cut and dry answer as to how many points they make you buy to do this. They say they do it per owner and base it on what the person owns. I have had buyers tell me anywhere from 2,000 to 4,000 points.

As far as the conflicting information, I willl venture to guess that it was from a salesman. That being the case the reasoning would be they want to dissuade you from buying resale because if they can get you to sign on the dotted line with them to buy they make a commission. Buying resale does not help to put the big bucks in their pockets.

I hope that helps and you understand what I am trying to explain. We usually have a few Diamond US Collection timeshares for sale, so I have explained this all more times then you can ever imagine. My advice is always if you want to find out the true cost of what it is going to cost to combine it is best to tell them the sale has already taken place. If you tell them you are thinking of buying you are usually handed off to sales, whose job it is to get you to buy from them.

If you have any other questions I will do my best to help answer them.

Barb

Comment

• Hi Jeff

I would like to add that you really need to think about the increasing of the points because the maintenance fees can be a lifetime burden if you are not in a position to handle them. I have 30,000 points. That takes me close to $4000 and it goes up every year. However, I am very happy with DRI.

Make sure you know how many weeks a year you can and want to take. If you have kids you can get larger rooms and/or stay longer. Look at the points directory for DRI to make sure that you have a good idea of how many points it will take to stay in places you will visit.

I would suggest that you buy points resale in the same collection. If you are in different collections, you will need to pay for multiple administative fees for both collections.

I will be happy to help if you have any further collections.

Comment

• Originally posted by ldrsm
                      Now since it seams like this industry is changing for the worst
                      I don't know that it's changing for the worst; depends on what you're trying to get out of it. Twenty years ago would have been far worse for us, and five years ago only nominally better. On the whole, I think it's just changing. For some people, changing for the worst; for some it's an improvement. But for everyone, learning a new approach that fits the way it is right now will most likely make it work better.

Comment

• New Member to the Forum

My wife and I are owners at Bluegreen, which we are happy with so far. We have not made any exchanges into RCI and are hoping the new system will work better. Our biggest challenge has always been going somewhere during her spring break (she is a teacher), but we like Florida and BG has alot of properties there. In the summer, however, we have a lot more flexibility, so no problems. I'm looking forward to learning more and meeting some new folks.

PolkaRandy
                        Minnesota

Comment

• Originally posted by polkarandy
                          My wife and I are owners at Bluegreen, which we are happy with so far. We have not made any exchanges into RCI and are hoping the new system will work better. Our biggest challenge has always been going somewhere during her spring break (she is a teacher), but we like Florida and BG has alot of properties there. In the summer, however, we have a lot more flexibility, so no problems. I'm looking forward to learning more and meeting some new folks.

PolkaRandy
                          Minnesota
                          Welcome to TS4Ms....

We have a dedicated BG forum here Bluegreen Resorts - Timeshare Forums with lots of great information.
                          Looking forward to hearing more from you.
                          Pat
                          *** My Website ***

Comment

• My name is Kristen. I am an owner of a 1 bdrm unit in Newport, Oregon. It is a small complex- only 5 units. I have exchanged my floating week every year since 1998. I had no idea what an exchange was before that My parents own at the same resort, this year will be the first time they will exchange since they bought it in 1989.

I have been so happy with our timeshare and the exchange system until presently. It's probably time to ditch the timeshare, now that the kids will be in school, lack of flexibility is a factor, and changes to RCI system.

Comment

• Hello

I am Andrea, new to this forum. I am from Holland (netherlands) and trying to sell my timeshare. Do not really know how it all works that is why I came up here to get more information. I am actually trying to sell it for my parents who have paid too much over the years.

I do not understand how I can post a new thread. I would like to have more information about Resorts Nationwide Inc. So anyone who knows anything, please send me a private message or post a message.

Greetings

Comment

Hey everyone! My name is Jacki and my husband and I are interested in buying into a timeshare on Tybee Island or in the panhandle of Florida so that we can spend some quality time with our 2 grown children and their families a couple times a year. I joined this forum because I hope to gain some knowledge on how to go about purchasing a timeshare on the beach.

We currently live in Atlanta and work hard. My husband is the type that is hard to talk into a random vacation as he is a creature of habit and ....well to him money is always an issue. Over the last 24 years, I have learned a little secret about him (shhhh) if I mention to him that he can spend the whole week every year fishing and drinking beer....EUREKA I get to go on vacation. Timeshares are the perfect solution.

Any advice or guidance any of you can provide me would be wonderful. I look forward to getting to know you all.
                                Jacki Wicker

Comment

Working...
                                X