Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take your time and read a lot before buying. Also, you might contact BigFrank and change your member ID to other than an email address---or the spam will be coming heavier daily.

Comment

• Take time to research different timeshare companies. When you find a company you are comfortable with the look for something resale. You can get timeshares much cheaper than from the developer.

Comment

• Timeshare at the Cape and intro

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the right place for me but my name is Mary Ann and I'm here to try and help my dad sell his timeshare. He's had it for over ten years and used to love it when his brother was alive as they exchanged it every year to go on vacations together in different parts of the country.( I have even been there a few times, once with friends for a weekend as owners get a special deal for weekend use.)

A few years ago my dad's brother passed away and dad now has no more the timeshare. The company recently came under new management and decided to do major renovations, but in the process raised the maintenance fee to $595 annually. For my dad, paying this every year when he doesn't even use the timeshare is too much of a hardship. The timeshare is South Cape Resort in Mashpee, MA. Red week- last week of May through first week of June. 2 bedroom and sleeps 6. I'm really just trying to help him out. He is willing to pay the initial maintenance fee which is due now and let it go for very little. I apologize if I should have posted this elsewhere.

Comment

• Hello

Hello! I purchased our timeshare the day after our engagement in 2004. Sadly, we only used our points once, but it was for our timeshare.
          7 years later we either need to sell this puppy or start using it again!

We have 77k points with Wyndham (purchased when they were Fairfield) for the odd years. Our deed is in Bonnet Creek, but we have only used the points for St Thomas. LOVED IT.

We are hoping to get to Disney this year. Our son is 4 years old and we think he will love it. Not sure if our 2 year old will join us or stay with Mom-Mom!

Happy to be here.

Comment

• Hello

Hello to all fellow Time Share Forum Members,

My name is Daniel and I am an avid traveler who has attended many Timeshare presentations and has finally decided to go the resale route after reading so many reviews and posts.

As an avid traveler I have vacationed extensively in Europe,Hawaii, Mainland USA and have stayed at many Interval International/ RCI Resorts on Get awayas/Time Share sales presentation specials.

Just recently I discovered Redweek.com and rented a 1 bedroom deluxe at theSheraton Desert Oasis Villas for $84 a night. I found a resale at the Scottsdale Village Mirage and want to learn more about how to maximize resales.

I attended the Starwood Timeshares Pitch and they wanted $30,000 for a 2 bedroom 2 bath unit with $650 in fees. I thought to myself who would in their right state of mind pay this much only to find the same for $5,000. While you may not be members of the resort exchange program you can still join Interval International for $84 a year+Exchange fees which won't add up to 30,000. The points program and Starwood Preferred Gold membership are not really worth it in my books.

I hope to learn more about the Timeshare Exchange/ Get away/Bonus Time process from this board and to learn from each others mistakes. I admit our family bought a Timeshare through ORE and we could not even use it let alone exchange it. Selling it was hard.

I guess the second time around one can get a better deal.

Wishing you all a pleasant week.

Daniel

Comment

• Hi,

My name is Ben and I found this site through a google search for forums relating to Timeshares.

Bought a timeshare several years ago for the Stardust Lodge in North Lake Tahoe; used it once. Learning from these forums how to go about selling. I'm actually going to be moving out of the country sometime near the end of this year and don't know when I'll be back so I'm trying to tie up some loose ends and this happens to be one of them.

Perhaps I can learn more about timeshares as well while I'm here.

Comment

• I'm a member of TUG, TSTips, TimeshareTalk (UK)and subscribe to TST magazine. Hey, Trev - how did you beat me here ?
                [signature deleted, please read forum rules]

Comment

• Buying a timeshare from wyndham resort tomorrow

They sending the paper work tomorrow. Here are the terms. Am I getting ripped off?

Points Annually
                  Kona Hawaiian Village, Big Island Hawaii
                  Gross Purchase Price $50,800
                  Discount $32,300
                  Net purchase with Processing fee: $18,849
                  Your Price *$16,498
                  Your price includes Discovery equity Credit of $2351.86
                  *Plus they promised 231,000 bonus points for a 10 percent down and 3 one week certificates to redeem the cost is 289.00. I was talked into buying into some discovery program for 77.00 per month. I will lose this credit if I don't purchase.

Comment

• My advice would be to run, not walk away from this "deal". My advice would be to rescind if you have already signed or just not sign it. They make it look like you are getting a good deal and saving alot of money. But you can buy these very same points for $1 on ebay or even free on user forums. Points are points. The only difference between retail and resale is that resale points cannot be counted towards VIP status. Most of the Wyndham owners on this forum don't believe that the VIP benefits are worth the thousands (or 10 thousands) of dollars it takes to buy retail.
                    Puppymom in MO

Comment

• Thanks, I thought this was a lot of points. The sales person never replied about the perks for VIP status. Do you know about the discovery points?

Comment

• Hello guys. I am Nick. Just joined on the request of a friend. I look forward to getting to know you all soon...

Comment

• Needing Help

My name is Larry.

Where is the best place/site to sell Wyndham points? I have 150,000.

Also what about selling my Wyndham deed that has 105,000 points each year?

I appreciate the help!

Comment

• Hi, Larry!

Are your Wyndham contracts paid off or do you still owe on a mortage?

Take a look at Ebay auctions to see what the going rate is for Wyndham points. Best to look at completed auctions.

The timeshare resale market is severely depressed right now and many timeshares are going for pennies on the dollar over their original retail price.

Welcome to the forums!
                            Susan
                            Puppymom in MO

Comment

• Hi there. I am a DVC owner and am currently bidding on a timeshare on ebay. If it pans out, I will be getting a timeshare that I wanted 10 years ago - only instead of paying 18K, I will be paying a few hundred.

BTW, does anyone know what the 1 in 4 rule is for Grand Pacific Resorts? Whatever it is won't make or break my decision, but I keep seeing stuff about it that doesn't quite get into what it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Presley View Post
                                Hi there. I am a DVC owner and am currently bidding on a timeshare on ebay. If it pans out, I will be getting a timeshare that I wanted 10 years ago - only instead of paying 18K, I will be paying a few hundred.

BTW, does anyone know what the 1 in 4 rule is for Grand Pacific Resorts? Whatever it is won't make or break my decision, but I keep seeing stuff about it that doesn't quite get into what it is.
                                If you trade for a resort in the Grand Pacific resorts group using RCI you cannot trade for any of those resorts again using RCI for a 4 year period. Here is a link to the list of resorts.

Comment

Working...
                                X