Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, Larry!

Are your Wyndham contracts paid off or do you still owe on a mortgage?
    The properties are all paid in full.

I'm interested in two things.
    1. Selling a Wyndham property.
    2. Renting out this years Wyndham points.

I'd love to be able to use them. We like staying at Wyndham. But my parents are in poor health and can't use them. I live out of the USA and don't get back very often and have trouble using the points.

Thanks to all for the welcome and the help!

Comment

• hello group

Hi my name is pugal. I own a odd year points time share at royal vista for the last 5 years. planning to sell it off. Is there any good advice

Comment

• For Wyndham owners, the only way to get any value is to keep the ownership and routinely use it. Wyndham points are virtually non-marketable at this time, and even giving them away is difficult. If you can still use them to vacation- that is likely you best option.

Read and learn as much as possible from this venue, and you may find that you are able to squeeze some fantastic vacations from the ownership you already own.
        my travel website: Vacation-Times.org.

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
        ~Earl Wilson

Comment

• Thank you for this board - now ex-owner of Retail Welk Resort TS

Hello everyone, just wanted to introduce myself.My name is Ed and after perusing this site for the past couple of days during my rescission period, my wife and I decided to elect to cancel our retail membership. We've been together for over 8 years and finally got married in '08. One of our goals was to start traveling with our children and as of recently attended a presentation at Welks in San Diego where we live.
          I worked in sales for a few years in a different industry and was taken in by surprise with the well thought out presentation. After reading this forum and some of the classifieds and ebay, I am convinced that resale is the best way to go. I admit, I was intimidated at first, but when you sort out through the paperwork the resort gives you, rescission is a lot easier than I thought since they are required to disclose that information by law.
          Anyways, I hope to gain some experience through the posts on this board, and to meet other members who are in the same boat. I love reading the stories everyone has, old and new. It beats reading Yelp or other reviews on vacation sites because these stories appear to be more honest in their representation.
          Thanks!!
          Ed

Comment

• Welcome to the boards!

You will definately be thankful you rescinded. It unfortunately was too late for me when purchasing my recent Westgate property so now have to make the best of a bad situation.

Comment

• Not all is lost

I don't think your purchase at Westgate is necessarily a waste.I'm sure at one point all of the members on this board have purchased retail at one point or another.I certainly did in '01 in Cancun and never used it. That's the worst thing you can do is not use something you are already paying for or have paid for.
              Make the most of what you have and actually use it. I think there are a lot of great ideas on this board, like renting and trading outside of an exchange company. It could actually be fun depending on how you go about it. When I find the right deal I will for sure go for it and start doing just that. I started looking at the TS option due to the amount of money we spent this year on traveling.
              I wish I would have found this board sooner, but now is better than later!Looking forward to reading your experiences!
              Ed

Comment

• Hi Everyone, my name is Sara, we own 2 weeks at Powhatan in Williamsburg Va. I joined this site to try to get advice on giving away Week 9. Or if someone wants a 4BR Lockout I am willing to trade with you. I enjoy all the forums and the moderators are excellent.

Comment

• Hello, I'm so new, I'm a "preme"

My parents-in-law are getting on in years and are slowing down a bit. They are wondering what to do about their WorldMark timeshares vis-a-vis their will. They bought thinking it would be great for family vacations with the grand kids, but got moderate use in that way.

So I'm here to figure out if we really want to inheirit it, or sell, or have them sell before it passes to us, etc.

We've gone to some of the resorts, and they are nice....

PG

Comment

• please be patient since I'm new at this

Have been a Bluegreen Owner since '04. Have enjoyed the units from TN to Florida. Have tried to stay in different resorts every year. We are looking at buying additional points just to use for a one year stay @ a resort. We have 7000 now and with the last "Update" we went to a week ago in Fl. they were selling use another 10000, but that is too pricey and we have never needed the higher points cause we goin in White or Blue seasons. But we are wondering if there is a way just to buy points for a one use only...

Thanks for any info, Sue

Comment

• Hello all,

I'm new to timeshares, and this forum. I'm searching for information.

J.T.

Comment

• My husband and I just bought a timeshare at Virginia Beach through a developer. We got a really good deal on a 2br Oceanview for week 40. I've compared the price that the developer was offering compared to whats on resale at the same resort and others. Buying through the developer made more sense with the holiday deal that they were offering.

I found this forum just searching info on timeshare. After reading and spending half of my day reading post and looking at comparables for the time share we just purchase. I feel alot better about the purchase my husband and I made. I do have lots of questions and look forward to the many getaway trips my family will be on through the exchange program.

Comment

• Hi Phillisue,

Your best bet is to post this over in the BlueGreen forum. Many owners will let you rent one time use points by simply making a reservation in your name using their own points. This allows you to keep your 7000 and make a reservation requiring more points than what you have.

Originally posted by phillisue
                          Have been a Bluegreen Owner since '04. Have enjoyed the units from TN to Florida. Have tried to stay in different resorts every year. We are looking at buying additional points just to use for a one year stay @ a resort. We have 7000 now and with the last "Update" we went to a week ago in Fl. they were selling use another 10000, but that is too pricey and we have never needed the higher points cause we goin in White or Blue seasons. But we are wondering if there is a way just to buy points for a one use only...

Thanks for any info, Sue

Comment

• Originally posted by gandalf252002
                            Hi Phillisue,

Your best bet is to post this over in the BlueGreen forum.
                            Fixed week 40 at Virginia Beach. Where did you get Bluegreen out of that?
                            Don

Comment

• Originally posted by vintner
                              Two diff post.

I was the one that bought a fixed week 40 at Virginia beach. Not a affiliated with Bluegreen. Learning alot about TS reading post at this forum. Thank you to those that were involved in creating a site like this for all of us new to timesharing.

Comment

• My response was to Phillisue who was looking at a one time BlueGreen rental. It was below the Week 40 VB post you are referring to.

Originally posted by vintner

Comment

Working...
                                X