Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gandalf252002
    My response was to Phillisue who was looking at a one time BlueGreen rental. It was below the Week 40 VB post you are referring to.
    Oops.
    Don

Comment

• Originally posted by artwhi
      My husband and I just bought a timeshare at Virginia Beach through a developer. We got a really good deal on a 2br Oceanview for week 40. I've compared the price that the developer was offering compared to whats on resale at the same resort and others. Buying through the developer made more sense with the holiday deal that they were offering.

I found this forum just searching info on timeshare. After reading and spending half of my day reading post and looking at comparables for the time share we just purchase. I feel alot better about the purchase my husband and I made. I do have lots of questions and look forward to the many getaway trips my family will be on through the exchange program.
      Week 40 does not always guarantee the holiday. Also, it will be a off season for Virgina Beach. Although that is a very nice beach and some of the TS view are great, but the price will be too high for developer purchase.

Based on Weather, the avg temp is around 53 to 71 in Oct/Nov. So you need to stop and think a little bit harder. How much the hotel/rental will charge, does it make sense to own for that period.

My kids school does not have holiday in that week although it is a holiday. So 2 BD for family get together may not be great if you live around that area.

If you don't mind about the quality of the resorts, you may find a lot of exchanger at that time around for Virginia Beach.

Jya-Ning
      Jya-Ning

Comment

• Originally posted by gandalf252002
        Hi Phillisue,

Your best bet is to post this over in the BlueGreen forum. Many owners will let you rent one time use points by simply making a reservation in your name using their own points. This allows you to keep your 7000 and make a reservation requiring more points than what you have.
        Thank you for the tip..I have reposted on the BG forum..

Comment

• Howdy y'all

My name is Greg and I live in Melbourne Fl. My wife and I just purchased a TS through Wyndham on the resale market. Purchased 346k points at La Cascada. Never owned but we did a use a Discovery Package a few years ago.

Thanks for all the help so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pacerman
            Howdy y'all

My name is Greg and I live in Melbourne Fl. My wife and I just purchased a TS through Wyndham on the resale market. Purchased 346k points at La Cascada. Never owned but we did a use a Discovery Package a few years ago.

Thanks for all the help so far.
            Welcome, Greg! Congratulations on buying resale. You will find a wealth of information on these forums. I am a Wyndham owner and really enjoy the resorts.
            Puppymom in MO

Comment

• Originally posted by Jya-Ning
              Week 40 does not always guarantee the holiday. Also, it will be a off season for Virgina Beach. Although that is a very nice beach and some of the TS view are great, but the price will be too high for developer purchase.

Based on Weather, the avg temp is around 53 to 71 in Oct/Nov. So you need to stop and think a little bit harder. How much the hotel/rental will charge, does it make sense to own for that period.

My kids school does not have holiday in that week although it is a holiday. So 2 BD for family get together may not be great if you live around that area.

If you don't mind about the quality of the resorts, you may find a lot of exchanger at that time around for Virginia Beach.

Jya-Ning

We actually live in the area and go to the beach often. We can use the facilities at the resort anytime (mainly the pool and parking and just a place to hangout). Its crazy there in the summer, packed and hot. Week 40 its mellow less tourist and temp is perfect.

I am still learning the ropes with Interval International but Virginia Beach's Demand index it pretty high for exchanges. Snowboarding here we come!

Comment

• Hola!

Hi, My Name is Israel and I live in Puerto vallarta Mexico, I was in the timeshare sales bussiness for many years but been out of it since 2008, I am currently starting a company that has to do with timeshares but since I am not allowed to post ads i will not tell what it is (unless asked of course) I have follow this site for some time now and never posted anything, If anyone has a question on Mexico destinations or Mexican timeshare I CAN help!

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by JoshA
                  Hi, My Name is Israel and I live in Puerto vallarta Mexico, I was in the timeshare sales bussiness for many years but been out of it since 2008, I am currently starting a company that has to do with timeshares but since I am not allowed to post ads i will not tell what it is (unless asked of course) I have follow this site for some time now and never posted anything, If anyone has a question on Mexico destinations or Mexican timeshare I CAN help!

Thanks
                  Okay I'll bite.....so what is it that you are planning to do for a business/company I assume in Puerto Vallarta Mexico or where?
                  Timeshare Addict - Mexico Travel Abounds - Happy Vacations!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bezerk View Post
                    Okay I'll bite.....so what is it that you are planning to do for a business/company I assume in Puerto Vallarta Mexico or where?
                    We are looking to absorb unwanted Timeshare inventory, not ony from Mexico.

Comment

• Hey Everyone,

My name is Mark and I live in Tampa Fl. My wife and I just purchased a Planet Hollywood Villa through Westgate on the resale market. Never owned one but we did a use a Royal Cancun Package a few years ago.

Thanks, for all your Help.

Comment

• Welcome, Mark!
                        Puppymom in MO

Comment

• Originally posted by JoshA View Post
                          We are looking to absorb unwanted Timeshare inventory, not ony from Mexico.
                          And do what with it etc ...very vague info...

Comment

• Beserk I sent you a PM

Comment

• Yes I got your PM and replied. I love my timeshares so I won't be getting rid of any now....Good luck, wonder why you did not just post the info here for all to see...

Comment

• Hi, I'm theduffster. I've posted here occasionally, just stumbled across this thread.

We bought both our timeshares from Ebay, for $1 each. Even though we have 2 timeshares, I still consider myself to be a newbie. We have only had 3 timeshares stays in a year and don't obsess over timesharing.

We own a VRI unit at Mountainside Resort in Stowe, and our first timeshare stay was a "hot deal" from VRI, and we stayed at Sea Mist Resort in Cape Cod, June 2010.

We own at the Crafts Inn in Wilmington, VT, and used it for the first time this past Dec. We love it.

We used VRI again this past Feb. to exchange our Mountainside Resort week from 2010 to stay in Island Park, Id., just last week, and we loved it too.

So, I have never used anything but VRI to exchange. I have no experience at all with RCI or II, and am just starting to try to decide if I should use one of them.

I do not spend hours and hours daily perusing forums. I will come to a forum I am a member of, only sporadically. Because I've only exchanged once, with VRI, I really don't know much about the best way to exchange.

I work, and can't spend all day here on this forum. I missed all the "big news" when RCI changed its style of business. Because I never owned at RCI, I never got anything from them. Because I had no pressing desire to haunt this forum, or TUG's, I had no idea that it's all different w/ RCI now.

I see there are lots of experts here, and I hope they will treat me kindly. I don't care for forums that throw newbies under the bus!!

I have been banned from TUG for questioning why they keep outdated information up for newbies to "learn" and not taking it down when it becomes irrelevant. Oh, well, that's fine.

I am a 49-year old woman, married for 28 years. We have 3 daughters: the oldest lives near Cape Cod, the second lives near Stowe, VT, (moving to Burlington this weekend!) and the youngest is 15 and still at home.

We love camping, skiing, kayaking, canoeing, gardening...we are not hunters or fishermen, but we do love many outdoor activities.

Now, I want to try to learn how RCI works NOW, not how it USED to work....

Comment

Working...
                                X