Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bezerk
    Yes I got your PM and replied. I love my timeshares so I won't be getting rid of any now....Good luck, wonder why you did not just post the info here for all to see...
    As I mentioned I didn't want to break any rules and also we are a completely last resource! I know a lot of happy TS owners thanks for your wishes and If you have any questions on PV or the bay of banderas please feel free to ask!

Comment

• Hi I am Vishnu.

Am not a member of any timeshares. But i am trying to enter into this field.

Comment

• Hello, I am BobC...

and I am happy to have found Timeshare Forums.

My wife and I own weeks at the Grand Luxxe Residence Club in Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. Our experience with the Grand Luxxe dates to December 2007, when we purchased a concept - pre-construction. Clearly we were very anxious about the future and whether we just lost a lot of money.

We bought because of two major factors: 1. Our family was growing through marriages and growing families and 2. The Grand Mayan property was magnificent and the staff were crisp, helpful and friendly. We figured the properties were well maintained in the past, so they would continue to be so in the future. Also, the properties were great places for our grand children to congregate and have fun with each other for a week at a time.

Our experience with Timesharing stared in 2000 with a deeded purchase at Paradise Village in Nuevo Vallarta. We hijacked our three out of college children for a Christmas because we never saw them when they came home for Christmas. The highjacking event started a wonderful tradition, which is to have everyone gather with us at Nuevo Vallarta. November is our next gathering. We will have three of our five children plus their spouses and 6 of our 9 grand children joining us. The other three grand children and their parents are not able to make this trip because of various conflicts.

Also, you might be interested in knowing that we started a web site to keep owners of the Grand Luxxe Residence Club informed about activities at the various properties owned by Grupo Vidanta. We started it in September, 2008, and it seems to be doing what we hoped it would do, which is be a resource for others. You can ask one of the administrators on this forum for the name if you are interested.

We are very passionate about what we now own. The Grand Luxxe Residence Club offers us the opportunity to enjoy our vacation with others who are like minded. Our intuition was correct, the properties are well maintained and the staff is very helpful. We swim in the ocean, hang on the beach, allow our children and grand children to enjoy themselves, and do what we want to do when we want to do it. Yes, we are very happy owners.

We live in California and have not done much exchanging. Next year, we plan to do some traveling outside our normal venue - Italy and France. Maybe we can use the II or RCI exchanges, but we are not too hopeful about that happening.

Thank you for providing this forum.

Comment

• Hello, my name is Anthony (Tony) and I am fairly new to timesharing. My wife and I bought with Silverleaf back in October and I very pleased with my purchase. I like to go up to the reaortbwith the family to use it for the day.

I am looking into my options for purchasing a second on eBay or some other site. I'm always willing to take some advice.

Glad to meet you all!

~Tony

Comment

• Welcome, Tony! We are also Silverleaf owners. We really love the resorts have have so far been to Fox River, Timber Creek, Holiday Hills, Ozark Mountain (where we own) and Apple Mountain.

We also own with Wyndham. Have done one RCI exchange.

Stick around you will learn alot here. Especially before you make another purchase.

Again, welcome.
            Puppymom in MO

Comment

• Silverleaf

I also own a Silverleaf week and joined this group to try to find some tips on exchanging it through RCI. I never seem to be able to find exchanges where I want to go, when I want to go. We don't really use our week in Western Mass. anymore because it was halfway between us and our daughter who lived in Boston, but then she moved to CA. I've never tried any of the other Silverleaf resorts, though I like the one we own, we just don't seem to have time to go there.

I've got it for sale on redweek.com but no takers so far!

Comment

• My name is Chad and recently bought 4800 HGVC at the Flamingo Hilton. I look forward to learing more and getting the most use of our timeshare.

Comment

• Im marco from mexico, have mayan palace, 1 studio (my first) and a 2br also, now i will buy a mountainside villas at massanutten, just for exchange :-) ,new on timeshare but learning :-)
                  For me is very easy to rent mayan weeks so if i can help please le me know

Now I'm looking to buy another mayan 2br

Comment

• Hi Marco! Lot's of info on this board! Take your time and relax and you will find what you are looking for!

Comment

• ok tony im newby jejeje

Comment

• Hiya everybody

hi everybody i just thought i would introduce myself to th foms im here to discus the club in Malta called Discover Access, ive had a bad run in with thman wanted to know if anybody else has had the scam put upon them by Discover access of Malta???

Comment

• hi chad

Originally posted by cnachtma View Post
                          My name is Chad and recently bought 4800 HGVC at the Flamingo Hilton. I look forward to learing more and getting the most use of our timeshare.
                          hi chad hows it going what kind of ts did you go for?? we got conned by Discover acess of malta into buying into there ridiculous weeks based system

Comment

• Hi. I've been here for a couple of months, and I guess I should introduce myself.

My name is Kathy (AKA Lady BeBop). I live in Northern KY, right outside Cincinnati. I've own for nearly 20 years, and I still think I have a lot to learn. We've had a number of good vacations, but we've made a few mistakes along the way.

Somehow or another, I have both points and weeks with Wyndham.

We first bought a week (studio) at Bluebeard's Castle at St. Thomas in 1994. It was a spur of the moment deal. It was our last day of our Caribbean cruise.

We then bought a week, every other year, on points (128K) in 2000. Our home base is the Smokey Mountains.

We've always exchanged. We haven't been able to get back to the Virgin Islands since. And my in-laws live about 45 minutes from Pigeon Forge.

Sometime, around the time we bought into the Smokies, we had the opportunity to switch our week into points. But the amount they wanted for it was outrageous at the time. So now, we have to manage both points and weeks.

Right now, I'm aiming for using our Bluebeards week for exchanges within RCI, and our Smokies week for exchanges strictly within Wyndham. As I said, I still have a lot to learn. But I've been reading this board. You've already answered some of my questions. And, most importantly, y'all have been kind.

Comment

• Originally posted by celperf View Post
                              Im marco from mexico, have mayan palace, 1 studio (my first) and a 2br also, now i will buy a mountainside villas at massanutten, just for exchange :-) ,new on timeshare but learning :-)
                              For me is very easy to rent mayan weeks so if i can help please le me know

Now I'm looking to buy another mayan 2br
                              Hi Marco, You will gain a wealth of info here, welcome. Curious why you say easy to rent Mayan weeks???
                              Timeshare Addict - Mexico Travel Abounds - Happy Vacations!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bezerk View Post
                                Hi Marco, You will gain a wealth of info here, welcome. Curious why you say easy to rent Mayan weeks???
                                Thanks

I sometimes rent my Mayan Palace week but since i only have 2 weeks this year have a request for a friend and have to say no because i have not another week that's why i say that , because i see that some people say they can not rent they weeks , so if they have maybe i can rent it!

Comment

Working...
                                X