Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, This seems to be the "newbe" thread. Could anyone let me know a good way to earn 300 points? thanks so much.
    I own a White week with Silverleaf fully paid and interested in transferring ownership if any one should be interested. Take Care.

Comment

• Originally posted by hillj View Post
      Hi, This seems to be the "newbe" thread. Could anyone let me know a good way to earn 300 points? thanks so much.
      I own a White week with Silverleaf fully paid and interested in transferring ownership if any one should be interested. Take Care.
      Hi! It is pretty easy. You gets points when you post. You are already at 250, so it won't be too hard.

Comment

• I bought a timeshare over a decade ago, with Aviawest Pacific Shores Spa & Resort in Vancouver (for $25,000.00). It is a 96,500.00 annual RCI points one, and was purchased when points were more new. I've used it for air fare and resort weeks over the years, but haven't used it much lately and when I had a project come up recently that I need extra cash for so I decided to sell it.

This was two months ago, I since realized the market is tanked. I made a mistake of listing it with SellMyTimeShareNow.com and paying them five hundred. I listed it as they suggested at 22,000.00 and soon saw that was pretty silly, I lowered it to 12,000.00 but still haven't gotten a buyer. It has 153,000 banked RCI points, the maintenance fees are $692.00 a year and closing costs to transfer title are $593.00 (to the notary public). Does anyone here know a good way to sell one of these?

From what I've seen most on-line companies want money, but don't really do any promoting--maybe there just aren't any buyers? I figured I need to come down to five thousand to really sell it. I have a woman interested in buying it for three thousand, but I was hoping to sell it for more, and think it might be realistic to sell it at five? Can any of the more experience members here either reply or PM me to give me advice? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by SVyff View Post
          I bought a timeshare over a decade ago, with Aviawest Pacific Shores Spa & Resort in Vancouver (for $25,000.00). It is a 96,500.00 annual RCI points one, and was purchased when points were more new. I've used it for air fare and resort weeks over the years, but haven't used it much lately and when I had a project come up recently that I need extra cash for so I decided to sell it.

This was two months ago, I since realized the market is tanked. I made a mistake of listing it with SellMyTimeShareNow.com and paying them five hundred. I listed it as they suggested at 22,000.00 and soon saw that was pretty silly, I lowered it to 12,000.00 but still haven't gotten a buyer. It has 153,000 banked RCI points, the maintenance fees are $692.00 a year and closing costs to transfer title are $593.00 (to the notary public). Does anyone here know a good way to sell one of these?

From what I've seen most on-line companies want money, but don't really do any promoting--maybe there just aren't any buyers? I figured I need to come down to five thousand to really sell it. I have a woman interested in buying it for three thousand, but I was hoping to sell it for more, and think it might be realistic to sell it at five? Can any of the more experience members here either reply or PM me to give me advice? Thanks
          Hi. I am not familiar with that resort. You can probably do some of your own research by googling resales for that. Also, do an Ebay search - you might get a better idea of what is reasonable. It seems like there are very few TS that are really selling for more than 1K, and many are just being given away.

Comment

• Here is a couple that I found.

Aviawest at Pacific Shores Resort and Spa in Nanoose Bay, British Columbia, Canada - Timeshare Sales and Resales by Owner on My Resort Network

Pacific Shores, Timeshare Re-sales, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, vacation, holiday, time share

Don't bother listing if they want an upfront fee. The companies who charge the upfront fees make their money that way and not by selling the TS.

Comment

• new member: calkel

I am a new member, Kelly. I just moved to the desert area in california after being in Chicago for twenty years! I own a EOY at Cliffs Peace Canyon in Vegas under the points system and a just purchased Grandview Vegas for points annually through RCI on Ebay.

Interested in Wyndham ownership and trying to figure out how to post a new question!

Comment

• Thanks, yeah--I wish I'd known not to pay in any upfront fees. I did hear that since mine has a high amount of annual points with a low maintenance fee I should be able to get five thousand. I'm still debating whether or not to keep it as I know if I actually use it I can recoup the annual maintenance fee, especially with air fare tickets purchased with points.

Comment

• Welcome to the new members!

Originally posted by SVyff View Post
                  I'm still debating whether or not to keep it as I know if I actually use it I can recoup the annual maintenance fee, especially with air fare tickets purchased with points.
                  You could try listing it here and at TUG (here it's free; TUG charges a membership fee but it's $15 or so), and if it doesn't move there hang onto it; if it does, then no worries! If you can't make up your mind, let fate decide.

Comment

• I'm still trying to figure out how to use this website. I was looking for advice on how to sell my Oak'N'Spruce timeshare in the Berkshires in MA. I managed to sell one week on redweek.com but still have another. Is there a forum for advice on selling? I can't find it. Or would I be able to do a classified ad in here someplace?

Thanks!
                    Hannah in NJ

Comment

• Originally posted by HannahR
                      I'm still trying to figure out how to use this website. I was looking for advice on how to sell my Oak'N'Spruce timeshare in the Berkshires in MA. I managed to sell one week on redweek.com but still have another. Is there a forum for advice on selling? I can't find it. Or would I be able to do a classified ad in here someplace?

Thanks!
                      Hannah in NJ
                      TS4MS Classifieds - Timeshare Forums
                      Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

• Oh, I didn't know it was free to post an ad here--can you share a link to where I can do it, or post the steps? I couldn't figure out how to do it.

Comment

• I guess I'm a little late on this...but what do we need the points for? I'm not quite sure I understand what they mean. Someone had referred to wanting to get 300 points...?

Comment

Hi all,
                            just joined Timeshareforums after being an owner for 7 yrs. and was happy about it.
                            Now things have changed for me and I need help and advice so I
                            joined this forum in search of answers and guidance from fellow timeshare
                            owners.
                            Great to be among so many wise and knowledgeable people. Hope to gain
                            a great deal of experience from being here.
                            F&S

Comment

• Hello all. New to the forum and new to timesharing. The wife and I bought in with Bluegreen. I will probably ask a bunch of questions, a lot more than I'll answer I bet, so please bear with me.

Here is my first question. I am aware of the search function and do use it but could not find an answer for this, what are the TS4MS points for? My search yielded many threads about points but not what these specifically were or what they were for. Thanks.

Comment

• New to Forum Anyone know anything about Leisure Getaways Inc.?

Hi, I'm new to this forum and am looking for some info. We have a Wyndham timeshare now and attended a meeting last night with Leisure Getaways Inc. They are selling for RCI. I was wondering if anyone on here has heard of Leisure Getaways Inc. and if so what has been their experience.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X