Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by VolsknoxvllTN View Post
    Hey all, new to this site and new to the whole timeshare 'thing'. It seems pretty complicated and even when I try to read info, I still find myself lost..lol, which isn't hard to do! I do know I'd like to take a vacation to Hawaii this yr! I also sat down with a resort rep where I stayed a few months ago and was half way explained timeshares and pretty much asked for $20,000! I found the more questions I asked, the more they made it sound like I'd be 'crazy' to pass it up etc.. I ended walking out, head spinning! If I ask pretty lame questions, please don't flame me to bad...I'll try to read as much as I can before asking something. Thx.

Shauna
    Hi Shauna,

I guess we're neighbors of sorts since I work in Knoxville. Feel free to click on my name and email me if I can be of any assistance to you. I don't get on this site more than once a week or so, but I check my email most days.

Sheila

Comment

• Facebook pages connect you with other timeshare owners which could lead to a exchange for less than RCI Fees.

eMidsouth

Comment

• Hi, I'm Rolando

Hello my name is Rolando I have a wife two children, we bought a membership with Royal-Holiday in Mexico, this is like a timesharing but not is fixed place nor fixed week, this is a point system, that we can use it for days or week in several hotels in mexico, usa and other world place, whatever, We are new in timesharing.
        I was receiving offers about rent o sell my timesharing, from companies like PROPERTY MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS INC and Platinum Realty Exchange. I don't know if this company are real and not a fraud. I'll like to rent or sell weeks that I can't use, but I want to hear about other timesharing owner experience about what is the correct way. Thanks.
        (sorry by my english, I'm mexican).

Comment

• Hi Roland! Welcome to our humble home.

Comment

• New Member - Madbuns - Hi all!

Hi everyone. My name is madbuns and I live in the Midwestern United States. I want to thank the TS4MS community after the fact for the disciplined commentary and information regarding timeshares - I used advice found here and on other forums in order to purchase my timeshares in 2009 (all ebay). My properties are all in Las Vegas (2xDesert Inn, 1xGrandview) and I have been using RCI (Points and Weeks) to this point in order to manage exchanges.

I find myself back in these forums because the Desert Inn units are both under new ownership (from Summer Bay to Orange Lake) and I have been determining if there is value in moving to the Holiday Inn Club Vacations (HICV) system (seems that there are more points monitization options).

Anyway, thanks again and in advance.

Best Regards,

Madbuns
            "Better to burn out...not slowly fade away!"
            Desert Inn (RCI Points -> HICV Points)
            Desert Inn (RCI Weeks -> HICV Points)
            Grandview (RCI Weeks -> TBD)

Comment

• Hello all! Andy from WI here. I've been an owner for 4 years at Bluegreen (CMV). I signed up here to hopefully get more knowledge on how to get as much as I can out of this experience. It's really been my wife's thing from the get-go, but I'd like to help her out with all of this. I'm also not new to message boards, although the last place I was posting at was a bit more of a slam board. Don't worry, none of that carried over to here. I hope.

Anyway, thanks for having me. I'm already liking this place, it seems like there's a lot of knowledgeable and helpful people here.

Comment

• A warm welcome to all the new members.. I look forward to reading your posts!
                my travel website: Vacation-Times.org.

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
                ~Earl Wilson

Comment

• Owner by chance

My name is Jason. My wife and I are owners of a week in Cape Cod and also a week in Westbrook, CT. We purchased from my in laws at the same price they paid back in the late 80's and early 90's. We have not stayed at the units we own yet, but enjoy trading in every year. I have been deployed 2 and half years out of the past 5 so it gets a little tough to use the weeks at times. We enjoy WDW every two years and little vacations within driving distance at school breaks. Found this site while looking for info on how to get into DVC resorts. I would like to take the fam and stay at Bay lake at some point and looking to maximize my chances. Thanks for all the info so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sheepdog View Post
                    My name is Jason. My wife and I are owners of a week in Cape Cod and also a week in Westbrook, CT.
                    Welcome Jason, I believe the resort that you own in Westbrook CT was the same resort me and my wife renewed our vows at after 25 years.
                    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

• Very cool Frank. We had our reception there. Before they blocked half the view of the ocean if you know what I mean. I guess it is all about units, but we are disappointed to see the spot where we had some of the first pictures of us married, blocked by new construction. Congrats of the renew

Comment

• Originally posted by Sheepdog View Post
                        Very cool Frank. We had our reception there. Before they blocked half the view of the ocean if you know what I mean. I guess it is all about units, but we are disappointed to see the spot where we had some of the first pictures of us married, blocked by new construction. Congrats of the renew
                        I think we were the 5th that day to renew our vows. It is the only place I have seen that has 2 stations to renew there vows, andThere were 2 weddings going on out side as well.
                        I also got a great deal on Jewlery at that store that was closing, I think I caught there 60-70% off sale.
                        Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

• I have been an owner since 1999. I thought I was going to retire. Only used it once and then nothing for 10 years. Life got in the way. Now I have been using it for the past 3 years and bought another now that I am into Diving. I have been to Bahamas sever times, St.Croix, St.Martin, Dominican Republic, and just returned from Grand Cayman. Going to St.Thomas later this year and plan to go to Bonaire after that. Now that I have extra weeks available and cannot use them all I hope to learn from others on how to rent out weeks. I can't believe I lost out on ten years of not doing anything with the first timeshare. Just crazy.

Comment

• Hi There -

My name is Justin and my wife and I just purchased a week on ebay for Steele Hill South in New Hampshire. I've been looking at timeshares for the last year or two but it seemed so complicated that I always decided against it (and mind you I fly about 100,000 miles a year and time shares still seemed complicated...). We live right near Steele Hill and they allow their owners unlimited access to the pools and amenities. With a new kiddo the access to the pools alone seemed worth the $500/yr maintenance- the 78,000 rci points was an added bonus I'm just hoping I can actually use them. I've spoken to other owners who say that RCI makes it so difficult they have never used the "timeshare" portion of their membership in 10 years. Let's hope with a little education I will actually get some great vacations out of this!!

Of course now I'm addicted to ebay shopping for additional timeshares but thats another story....

Comment

• Bill & Maria here..... We are Tuggers who drifted over. We own multiple UVC, Worldmark and Eaglecrest contracts. I really enjoy the jokes here and the loose feeling I get when reading and telling jokes or tall tales. I like it.

Ok Then
                              Bill

Comment

• Originally posted by Time4Vacation
                                I have been an owner since 1999. I thought I was going to retire. Only used it once and then nothing for 10 years. Life got in the way. Now I have been using it for the past 3 years and bought another now that I am into Diving. I have been to Bahamas sever times, St.Croix, St.Martin, Dominican Republic, and just returned from Grand Cayman. Going to St.Thomas later this year and plan to go to Bonaire after that. Now that I have extra weeks available and cannot use them all I hope to learn from others on how to rent out weeks. I can't believe I lost out on ten years of not doing anything with the first timeshare. Just crazy.
                                Hi,
                                It's never too late to learn. Welcome and hope we can teach you a thing or two on how to maximize those vacations.

Comment

Working...
                                X