Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by winnipiseogee
    Hi There -

My name is Justin and my wife and I just purchased a week on ebay for Steele Hill South in New Hampshire. I've been looking at timeshares for the last year or two but it seemed so complicated that I always decided against it (and mind you I fly about 100,000 miles a year and time shares still seemed complicated...). We live right near Steele Hill and they allow their owners unlimited access to the pools and amenities. With a new kiddo the access to the pools alone seemed worth the $500/yr maintenance- the 78,000 rci points was an added bonus I'm just hoping I can actually use them. I've spoken to other owners who say that RCI makes it so difficult they have never used the "timeshare" portion of their membership in 10 years. Let's hope with a little education I will actually get some great vacations out of this!!

Of course now I'm addicted to ebay shopping for additional timeshares but thats another story....
    Hi Justin,
    You can get alot of nice vacations with 78K RCI points. It's really not that difficult to work with RCI you just need to familiarize yourself with the availability patterns and try to plan at least 10 months in advance if possible. Once you know that you'll enjoy your RCI membership. RCI is best for either uber planners who know what they're looking for or last minute opportunistic travellers. I've been both over the years. I've been known to get 3 vacations a year with only 24K RCI points. With 78K I could live in TS's all year.

Comment

• Originally posted by easyrider View Post
      Bill & Maria here..... We are Tuggers who drifted over. We own multiple UVC, Worldmark and Eaglecrest contracts. I really enjoy the jokes here and the loose feeling I get when reading and telling jokes or tall tales. I like it.

Ok Then
      Bill
      Hi Bill.

Comment

• Originally posted by chriskre
        Hi Justin,
        I've been known to get 3 vacations a year with only 24K RCI points. With 78K I could live in TS's all year.
        I think this is what I may plan on doing when I retire!

Comment

• Hi everyone, my name is Donna. I too ended up here from TUG.

Everyone here has been helpful, informative and supportive!

My story is very similar to the beginning story in this thread (the creator of this forum) - my dad bought a timeshare while staying at the resort in Florida in the early to mid-eighties, Islander Beach in New Smyrna. He maybe paid $5K for it (although he'll never tell the whole truth on this). He has had many great vacations there over the years, but now that he's 87 and mom's 92 they don't travel anymore. The last few years he's had the unit rented out and it paid his maintenance fees back for him (yippee!). Last year he decided to pass this on to me for free!! As I was researching on the internet, finding out what we could do with this week that we would never use (we will never go to this resort- not our style), I learned all about trading, exchanging and renting.

That's when I found TUG and then this forum - which led me to the discovery of FREE timeshares!!! I started looking for a specific place that we love to go - the old Playa del Sol Los Cabos which is now the Bel Air Collection Los Cabos - and I found a free one - best of all it's coming to me with no costs whatsoever!! Original owner is paying all related fees!! I can't wait to book our first week of this ts!!

After finding the forums I found SFX and that's what I'll be using to exchange dad's timeshare.

If you can't tell I am really excited to be planning all this stuff out and can't wait to start timesharing!!

Comment

• Hello

Hello everyone,

I just started researching time shares in the last month or so. My husband and I (We are both 25) are doing our homework before purchasing a timeshare (most likely point system) sometime this year.

We both worked full time and went to school while we started our business, and now have the time to travel so we are hoping a timeshare point system will push us to actually travel more.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Comment

• Learn anything about Leisure Getaways Inc.?

Did you learn anything about Leisure Getaways Inc.?
              They were in the Knoxville, TN our area, too this pasty week. Offering to buy one's "weeks" timeshares (two or more), then sell you another timeshare that offers more vacation time in the forms of RCI points... thereby reducing one's multiple maintenance fees into one much lower maintenance fee.
              Would like to hear about anyone experience if they went through with a transaction.
              Leisure Getaways Inc. has a web site (not much there) and belongs to mulitple professional organizations. But, it seems too easy.
              Thank you.

Originally posted by moclaylady
              Hi, I'm new to this forum and am looking for some info. We have a Wyndham timeshare now and attended a meeting last night with Leisure Getaways Inc. They are selling for RCI. I was wondering if anyone on here has heard of Leisure Getaways Inc. and if so what has been their experience.

Thank you

Comment

• Wyndham Ins & Outs

I'll keep it short and sweet.

I work for Wyndham in member services/sales (whatever you want to call it). I'm blatantly honest and direct when it comes to any of Wyndham's programs. I read posts on the site here sometimes.. some of the "facts" are true, while others are worded to portray a negative aspect of every program.

If you have questions about Wyndham's programs, I would be happy to help you without trying to sell you something every time you want to talk to someone.

One thing I have noticed is the majority of you who seem to look at Wyndham as evil are resale buyers, which explains why you think everything about Wyndham is buy buy buy. You don't have any benefits with your bare bones "ownership". I wouldn't be happy about it either.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbkyoshi View Post
                  One thing I have noticed is the majority of you who seem to look at Wyndham as evil are resale buyers, which explains why you think everything about Wyndham is buy buy buy. You don't have any benefits with your bare bones "ownership". I wouldn't be happy about it either.
                  Except many thousands of dollars in savings. Perhaps you might list all the benefits gained by spending the extra 15 or 20 thousand or is this just pure salesman BS ?

Comment

• As I said, I'm not here to sell anything to any of your site members, so calm down. I don't need to be attacked simply because I have a different opinion than you. After all, if people weren't buying into the resorts and wyndham's programs, there would be no resale in the first place.

I'm here to converse with owners and non owners alike about what they like and don't like about their experience with wyndham, rci, etc.

That being said, if someone wanted to hear about benefits of being more than just a resale owner and had an open mind as opposed to chomping at the bit to pick apart anything I say because resale costs less, I would be more than happy to explain the benefits of owning through Wyndham.

YOU are not one of those people, so nothing I say to you could possibly change your mind, therefore it's not even worth trying.

my salesman "bs" will never overcome your resale "bs". Each side obviously has ups and downs.

Comment

As I said, I'm not here to sell anything to any of your site members, so calm down. I don't need to be attacked simply because I have a different opinion than you. After all, if people weren't buying into the resorts and wyndham's programs, there would be no resale in the first place.

I'm here to converse with owners and non owners alike about what they like and don't like about their experience with wyndham, rci, etc.

That being said, if someone wanted to hear about benefits of being more than just a resale owner and had an open mind as opposed to chomping at the bit to pick apart anything I say because resale costs less, I would be more than happy to explain the benefits of owning through Wyndham.

YOU are not one of those people, so nothing I say to you could possibly change your mind, therefore it's not even worth trying.

my salesman "bs" will never overcome your resale "bs". Each side obviously has ups and downs.
                      I have seen your 6 posts and I have not seen any type of sales pitch. If you can continue the way you are posting I will welcome you. In fact if remains neutral and you want to help. I might even put you on as part of the staff and give you an Ask Wyndham forum That is if your company will allow that and if you want to.
                      Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

• I work in a site that was nominated for Wyndham's Pinnacle Award last year. It's the Lombardi Trophy of Wyndham Vacation Ownership. Trust me I sell enough timeshare on site - I don't need to go fishing for sales on the internet.

The problem is that VacOwnership companies barely put ANY information out there (I myself have to dig through contracts and fine print to find any useful information), so it's extremely hard to find anything that would help anyone make a decision for or against timeshare in GENERAL without throwing themselves into the fire, so to speak. Let alone decide to get involved with resale or not.

I'll try to keep my posts as neutral as possible. I work with my owners on a daily basis (the ones that keep in touch at least), as well as have family members that own with Wyndham and reach out to me for quality information.

Comment

• But you haven't yet stated any reasons why buying from Windham over resale gives any benefits. I and other readers must conclude that there are none or you have yet to find them.

Comment

• I give you reasons and you delete them. Then you give me an infraction for telling you to get off my ass. That's pretty childish and petty. You're pathetic.

Comment

• My name is Deanna and I bought retail...

Hi Everyone,

I am not sure if I ever formally introduced myself. I came here by way of the TUG board as well. My parents have owned at Westgate since the early / mid 90's and I am just trying to gather as much information as possible!

So thankful for all the info and LOVING the vibe here!!! xoxoxo

Thanks for the tip JWC!!!

Comment

I give you reasons and you delete them. Then you give me an infraction for telling you to get off my ass. That's pretty childish and petty. You're pathetic.
                                I got your email, Because this happened in an open forum the infraction you received for foul language was warranted, In fact he could have given you another since you used the same word again. If you had used that word in the Hot Tub that would have been OK there but in a General timeshare forum it is not wanted. I suggest in the future that if you have a problem with someone talk it out outside the forums by PM.
                                Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Working...
                                X