Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sbkyoshi View Post
    If you have questions about Wyndham's programs, I would be happy to help you without trying to sell you something every time you want to talk to someone.

One thing I have noticed is the majority of you who seem to look at Wyndham as evil are resale buyers, which explains why you think everything about Wyndham is buy buy buy. You don't have any benefits with your bare bones "ownership". I wouldn't be happy about it either.
    Hi and welcome.
    It would be interesting to hear your perspective on Wyndham. I own resale and am pretty happy with Wyndham in general. I don't rent so I don't have ill feelings about all the changes at Wyndham like the renters do. I do think that there are some annoying fees but I've learned how to avoid them by being a better planner.

I love Bonnet Creek and it's fast becoming my home in Orlando over even DVC. I've yet to be disappointed with a Wyndham stay, except of course for the "surveys". That's the one thing that bugs me, cause how can you do a survey when I just checked in.

I know everybody's gotta eat but there's gotta be a better way to sell a timeshare.

Comment

• Originally posted by pnappleprincess
      Hi Everyone,

I am not sure if I ever formally introduced myself. I came here by way of the TUG board as well. My parents have owned at Westgate since the early / mid 90's and I am just trying to gather as much information as possible!

So thankful for all the info and LOVING the vibe here!!! xoxoxo

Thanks for the tip JWC!!!
      Hi Deanna,
      Welcome.

Comment

• The things you get from buying from the developer at Wyndham per sbkyoshi's deleted post:
        "Some of our owners like their vip benefits, in house rental, having a rep that helps them with their account, outside discount programs, ability to use points for outside travel expenses instead of paying cash out of pocket for them, not paying a single cent in fees when they want to travel, regardless of how many times they make a reservation in a year, etc etc. The list goes on."

Hardly worth $ 19,000 IMHO, but developers rely on a sucker being born every day.

Comment

• That's your opinion, tonyg. @ chriskre are you talking about the reservation fees and all that? The one thing I don't like about the Wyndham checkin process is the 100 dollar deposit. It is what it is, but I feel like if I own part of a property I shouldn't be paying a deposit lol.. just my 2 cents though

Comment

• Wyndham Facilities

Hi, I'm a new member,
            I can't seem to find the answer to this...
            If you purchase a Wyndham timeshare, can you use facilites anytime or just the week of use. I presently own a timeshare at Orange Lake CC. My deed allows me to use facilities whenever, not just the week of ownership. My husband and I own a condo in Pompano and would like to purchase at Wyndhan Seagardens for when kids and grandkids come to visit. It would be a plus if facilites could also be used year round. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Dee

Comment

• Originally posted by sbkyoshi
              That's your opinion, tonyg. @ chriskre are you talking about the reservation fees and all that? The one thing I don't like about the Wyndham checkin process is the 100 dollar deposit. It is what it is, but I feel like if I own part of a property I shouldn't be paying a deposit lol.. just my 2 cents though
              The guest certificate fees and yes the reservation fees. It's not a very friendly system for doing multiple short stays. Might as well just rent from a megarenter than own a small package. I definitely feel like a second class Wyndham owner but I really don't care as I've learned to work around the system by just doing one stay a year and using my RCI points instead.

I really don't care about the deposit since it's not charged. At least not yet. Who knows what other fees Wyndham will try to pass along to us "owners". Pretty soon I'll just dump my membership and rent from others who are overcommitted and desparate to at least cover their MF's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turnabout View Post
                Hi, I'm a new member,
                I can't seem to find the answer to this...
                If you purchase a Wyndham timeshare, can you use facilites anytime or just the week of use. I presently own a timeshare at Orange Lake CC. My deed allows me to use facilities whenever, not just the week of ownership. My husband and I own a condo in Pompano and would like to purchase at Wyndhan Seagardens for when kids and grandkids come to visit. It would be a plus if facilites could also be used year round. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Dee
                Hi Dee and welcome to the forum.

I really don't know about day privileges at Wyndham's resorts. I doubt it would come with a points package but honestly I have no first hand knowledge.

I do know that you do get day privileges at Enchanted Isle in Hollywood beach as I own two weeks there and you also get day privileges at Bluegreens Solara Surfside in Sunny Isles beach if they have room. Actually both resorts want you to call ahead.

It would be more difficult on holidays but I've never had a problem at Enchanted Isle even on holidays. They are very owner friendly. Can't say the same for Wyndham. You might want to see the threads on another forum about how wyndham is treating an owner there who owns a deeded week and Wyndham rented her week out which they are not supposed to do with weeks owners. I think they seem to have wording to get away with it in points but not supposed to be for weeks owners but they are doing it at that resort.

There also seems to be a problem with having enough reserves at those Pompano resorts since owners have been hit with huge assessments after the hurricanes. I'd not want to own at those resorts myself. I've owned Enchanted Isle for more than 10 years now and we've never had an assessment. It's not as fancy schmancy as Wyndham but the beach is right outside the door so can't get any better than that. Oh and no parking pass foolishness like at Wyndham.

Comment

• Thank you for very much for your input!

Comment

• Originally posted by chriskre View Post
                    The guest certificate fees and yes the reservation fees. It's not a very friendly system for doing multiple short stays. Might as well just rent from a megarenter than own a small package. I definitely feel like a second class Wyndham owner but I really don't care as I've learned to work around the system by just doing one stay a year and using my RCI points instead.

I really don't care about the deposit since it's not charged. At least not yet. Who knows what other fees Wyndham will try to pass along to us "owners". Pretty soon I'll just dump my membership and rent from others who are overcommitted and desparate to at least cover their MF's.
                    Owners through the developer don't see those fees, but yeah they can start to add up

Comment

• Originally posted by sbkyoshi
                      Owners through the developer don't see those fees, but yeah they can start to add up
                      Hello - this is my first post as a new member. My husband and I own Wyndham points, 2 contracts bought retail (silver VIP). We purchased at Ocean Blvd b/c we'd been vacationing there all our lives and continue to revisit multiple times a year. We didn't know anything about re-sale TSs until recently. The sales person we initially worked with told us that once we got to VIP, we shouldn't ever need additional points. I see now that VIP requirements are being changed and I hope that they are being truthful when they say previous VIPs will be grandfathered. Now that we are both retired, we are able to take advantage of the VIP benefits other than ARP. It is nice to be able to book using discounted points and we also frequently get unit upgrades (I think the last 4-5 trips, we've been upgraded - once to 3BR presidential at Bonnet Creek, which was great b/c it was family trip!)

The parking pass battle is an annoyance that we try to get around most times, but also go to the update/take the survey occasionally to get the freebies. I also wish I had unlimited reservation transactions b/c we tend to take 3-4 night trips. I try to plan well to avoid that expense but sometimes it doesn't work out.

I came here from the Wyndham Forum and Tugg so look forward to reading and learning from all your experiences.

Comment

• Hello everyone

Hi everyone
                        I am a new member here on the forums.
                        I'm a member with Club Intrawest.
                        It doesn't seem like a viable option financially anymore, so I'm here on the forums trying to find advice on how to resell my timeshares.
                        Please advise.
                        Thank you.

Comment

• I have been a member for awhile...

...but have just started posting here. I am also a member on TUG. I have decided to pick up some blugreen points, and so, will start paying alot more attention to this Board, as it rocks when it comes to Bluegreen!

Comment

• Hi there. New member here.
                            Is it the introduction thread?
                            I'm Nolan by the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by luvNMB52 View Post
                              Hello - this is my first post as a new member. My husband and I own Wyndham points, 2 contracts bought retail (silver VIP). We purchased at Ocean Blvd b/c we'd been vacationing there all our lives and continue to revisit multiple times a year. We didn't know anything about re-sale TSs until recently. The sales person we initially worked with told us that once we got to VIP, we shouldn't ever need additional points. I see now that VIP requirements are being changed and I hope that they are being truthful when they say previous VIPs will be grandfathered. Now that we are both retired, we are able to take advantage of the VIP benefits other than ARP. It is nice to be able to book using discounted points and we also frequently get unit upgrades (I think the last 4-5 trips, we've been upgraded - once to 3BR presidential at Bonnet Creek, which was great b/c it was family trip!)

The parking pass battle is an annoyance that we try to get around most times, but also go to the update/take the survey occasionally to get the freebies. I also wish I had unlimited reservation transactions b/c we tend to take 3-4 night trips. I try to plan well to avoid that expense but sometimes it doesn't work out.

I came here from the Wyndham Forum and Tugg so look forward to reading and learning from all your experiences.
                              Current permanent VIP owners WILL be grandfathered into the new "Good Life" vip programs. You should see that you are now a "Silver Owner" if you log in to your wyndhamvacationresorts.com account.

Changes will be taking place in October from what I've heard. VIP levels are going up to 400,000/700,000/1M points for silver, gold and platinum. the only way to get unlimited reservation transactions is by becoming a gold owner. PM me with questions about the new vip, what it means, and what's changing if you have any!

Comment

• new to this forum

I am a Bluegreen owner for the last 20 years or so. We are very pleased with Bluegreen in general although have had some tough times due to the economy. We currently have 458,000 points and have no problem using and renting them every year although would like to downsize. If anyone is looking for a big group of points (maybe 300,000), I can transfer over for a cheap price.

I know there are others with large amounts. We used to be in the top ten for Bluegreen owners and now probably down the list a bit. I have heard someone went over 1,000,000 points.

If anyone has any questions as to how to use points, how to use advantages in Bluegreen, how to rent, etc, please ask. I know better than most if not all of the Bluegreen employees. My owner updates are usually me teaching them - although I do learn about new policies and changes there.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X