Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the help. I just want to be clear, if we buy from an authorized reseller we would still have the charter member benefits of being able to use the points at any BG property. We don't plan to use the week I own, not even sure which week that is. We do want to use the Big Cedar resort though. But on the resale market I see time in TN or MT much cheaper than at Big Cedar. But if I buy points for TN on the resale market I can't use Bonus Time at Big Cedar? Will my 15K points at Big Cedar be more valuable for trade in through RCI than buying 15K points at a place in TN?

Comment

• Originally posted by ramhog69 View Post
      Thanks for the help. I just want to be clear, if we buy from an authorized reseller we would still have the charter member benefits of being able to use the points at any BG property. We don't plan to use the week I own, not even sure which week that is. We do want to use the Big Cedar resort though. But on the resale market I see time in TN or MT much cheaper than at Big Cedar. But if I buy points for TN on the resale market I can't use Bonus Time at Big Cedar? Will my 15K points at Big Cedar be more valuable for trade in through RCI than buying 15K points at a place in TN?
      First let me say Welcome, Just so you know this is a Welcome thread if yoiu need advice please post on the Forums because you are not going to get many people looking here knowing that you need help
      Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

• Originally posted by ramhog69 View Post
        if we buy from an authorized reseller we would still have the charter member benefits of being able to use the points at any BG property.
        Correct. Even if you buy unauthorized points off of E-Bay, you can use them at any BG property. What you can't do with unauthorized points is get Bonus Time (where you pay cash for a BG resort 48 days or less before the first day of your reservation), except at your home resort.

Originally posted by ramhog69 View Post
        We don't plan to use the week I own, not even sure which week that is. We do want to use the Big Cedar resort though. But on the resale market I see time in TN or MT much cheaper than at Big Cedar. But if I buy points for TN on the resale market I can't use Bonus Time at Big Cedar?
        You can buy points from Boca Bum that are either authorized (cost over a dollar per point) or unauthorized (cost considerably less than a dollar per point). The only way to get authorized points is through an authorized reseller -- points off E-bay or otherwise purchased direct from another BG owner are unauthorized. Unauthorized points will get you Bonus Time at your home resort, BG points you can use at any BG resort, and usually an RCI membership.

Will my 15K points at Big Cedar be more valuable for trade in through RCI than buying 15K points at a place in TN?
        No. BG has changed the set up so that "points are points," even at RCI. It is possible that if you saved your Big Cedar week and traded it through some other system, it would be worth more than other BG offerings; I dunno.

Big Frank has a point -- there is a Bluegreen subforum here that would probably get you more response.

http://www.timeshareforums.com/forum...egreen-Resorts

Comment

• Originally posted by sempreragdolls View Post
          Unfortuantly even though I dont own and actual timeshare I am still up for yearly fees
          You may not own a fixed week at a fixed timeshare but it sounds like you own points in a timeshare points system.
          Bernie

Comment

• Rescind Now, rescind now,

This is a no brainer, rescind now, Then come back to the BG forum and ask your questions. You will be able to buy 15k for under $500, and with the $22500 you save you can travel in style for years. Greg

I am brand new to the whole timeshare business after years of being adamantly against the idea. We bought 15,000 points in BlueGreen at Big Cedar in Missouri. I love the idea of the points, and I understand by buying directly I have a charter membership that allows me to use my points at any BG property. I am still within my 5 day window to cancel the contract and I have some questions I am having a difficult time getting an answer. My 15,000 points cost me about $23K. When I read on RCI it talks about .02 per point. Am I paying way too much for these points? I also see on other posts people talking about having over 100,000 points each year when they were converted from a weeks account to a point account. Is 15,000 points enough to really go anywhere on the RCI network?
            Thanks
            Yes it is Safe in Mexico

http://www.timeshareparadise.net

Comment

• Hey everybody, Jeff from PA here. I am new to the board but became a TUG member and then found these forums. DW & I are looking for our first TS purchase. We had considered this before but then backed off. We have decided to do it and believe we are going to buy BG points to primarily vacation in a southeast US beach location. I am here to learn, gather advice and info. before we slap money down. So as I post please excuse any "stupid or naiive questions". THANKS!

Comment

• Welcome to TS4M's.. I believe you'll find this a very relaxed environment, so never hesitate to ask questions.. Nobody here is waiting to attack you if you have your own opinion! We actually encourage intelligent discussion and hope new members ask questions. It's not about egos here, it's all about information. Questions and conversation are pretty much the main point of the website!

Visit the Bluegreen threads and you'll find the members here are friendly and helpful. You won't find more knowledgeable Bluegreen experts than some of the moderators on this forum.

my travel website: Vacation-Times.org.

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
                ~Earl Wilson

Comment

• Hi everyone,
                  I'm Rebecca and I own a travel membership, and traveling is very important to me and my family. I used to sell timeshare for 6 months last year but it wasn't for me. I now own a membership (similar to timeshare, same resorts) that I purchased through XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and I love it. I don't have any maintenance fees and my lifetime membership was only $6500. If anyone else want to check it out, I'd be happy to share more info about it. In the meantime, I enjoy travelling with my two kids and husband, painting, and living a healthy, happy life full of adventure.
                  bigfrank
                  Administrator
                  Last edited by bigfrank; 09-21-2012, 06:03 PM. Reason: Removed link

Comment

• Hi Rikkis,
                    I like your site. Do you own timeshare yourself?
                    Rebecca

Comment

• Hi all,
                      I'm a new member from upstate NY. We bought a resale at Orange Lake a few years ago, and we've been very happy with it. I posted a newbie question in the general forum, so help me out! I have so much to learn.

Comment

• I have owned my timeshare week Bluegreen Resorts, The Fountains, Florida for a few years now but I have never used it. I am in the position now to try to get my head around it so thought I would join this forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dianah View Post
                          I am in the position now to try to get my head around it so thought I would join this forum.

There's a Bluegreen forum here that you might find helpful. Feel free to ask if you don't see the answers you need.

We have Bluegreen points and really enjoy our ownership. We've been to over a dozen of them, and would happily go back to any. Always a lot to do (although some resorts take more planning offseason), and the quality is pretty consistent with the owned resorts (the associate resorts have a lot more variation). We're planning Christmas at Christmas Mountain Village this year, something I never thought I'd do, but eventually it dawned on me that, if we got a Townhome, we'd have two full kitchens on hand! Having two full ovens for the big holiday meal may counteract the not being home for Christmas thing.

Comment

• I am new to the time share game, years ago I got scammed in Mexico... Hoping to be more knowledgeable this time around. I recently bought a Bluegreen timeshare deeded at Paradise Point (close to Big Cedar) I am learning I could probably have gotten a better deal in the resale arena, I have two days left on my rescind and I was looking for some opinions, I like the extra perks you get from the developer, however I've also read that if you go through an authorized reseller that they will still qualify... Here's what I got. 15,000 points, Charter benefits, travelers plus, bronze vip status for $1.43 per point... What are some opionions?

Comment

• Rescind !

Comment

• Hello, I'm new to this forum - just joined today in the hope of finding like minded people trying to GET OUT of MacDonald Resorts Lochanhully Woodland Club - has anybody out there managed to do this?

Comment

Working...
                                X