Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi,

I joined this group several months ago but never had a chance to say hello!

I'm an active member of the yahoo bluegreen user group and Yahoo bluegreenexchange user group. I own several weeks of bluegreen timeshare and use what I can and rent the rest out. This past summer I created REMOVED LINK NO LINK BACKto help timeshare owners rent their timeshares. Its a hobby of mine and I upkeep the website and list members rentals for free (there is a donations button for people to donate if they find the site helpful and useful.)

Since I own Bluegreen timeshares, I wonder what kinds of things other timeshare owners would like to see added to my site.

I enjoy discussing all things timeshare and look forward to many timeshare discussions here on TS4Ms. I'll check in weekly.

See you in the forums
    Thanks,

W
    bigfrank
    Administrator
    Last edited by bigfrank; 01-26-2013, 05:31 PM. Reason: NO LINK BACK

Comment

• Hi Wigginswade. Welcome.

Comment

• I see your house.
        RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

• Originally posted by wigginswade View Post
          Hi,

I joined this group several months ago but never had a chance to say hello!

I'm an active member of the yahoo bluegreen user group and Yahoo bluegreenexchange user group. I own several weeks of bluegreen timeshare and use what I can and rent the rest out. This past summer I created REMOVED LINK NO LINK BACKto help timeshare owners rent their timeshares. Its a hobby of mine and I upkeep the website and list members rentals for free (there is a donations button for people to donate if they find the site helpful and useful.)

Since I own Bluegreen timeshares, I wonder what kinds of things other timeshare owners would like to see added to my site.

I enjoy discussing all things timeshare and look forward to many timeshare discussions here on TS4Ms. I'll check in weekly.

See you in the forums
          Thanks,

W
          Staff if you see a link posted for wigginswade website again please remove the link and give a ban for good. 6 posts and 4 had his site listed 2-3 times in each post.
          Tony did you fell a sleep
          Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

• Welcome to the forum BigFrank.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigfrank View Post
              Staff if you see a link posted for wigginswade website again please remove the link and give a ban for good. 6 posts and 4 had his site listed 2-3 times in each post.
              Tony did you fell a sleep
              We had a few PMs I have a change of heart, I am allowing poster to add either a link in our links area or link in Signature

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
              Welcome to the forum BigFrank.
              Why thank you for the warm welcome Tony glad I could make it
              Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

• I can still see his house.

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

• Hello I'm new

Hi!
                  I don't own a timeshare yet.

My husband and I took our son to Legoland and we decided to book a timeshare room from hotels dot com. I honestly would never have even thought of staying at a timeshare if it hadn't come up on that website.

We enjoyed it all so much that I returned with my son and my mom a few weeks later and stayed in another timeshare nearby. Again, we had a great time at Legoland and we also just LOVED staying at these timeshares.

The thing we loved most was the full kitchen. The thing I did not like: the constant pressure to sit through a sales pitch.

I started teasing my husband that we're going to buy a timeshare and he said NO NO NO. I did some research online, shared it and he acquiesced. If I can get a good deal then we're going to do it. I've contacted a broker I found on ARDA.
                  VegasBella
                  Last edited by VegasBella; 01-27-2013, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• Hi VegasBella,welcome. If you are talking about the Legoland in California, there are some really cheap Grand Pacific Palisades on Ebay right now. That resort is next to the Legoland parking lot. Of course, timeshares come with neverending annual dues, so make sure you know what you want and take your time choosing.

Comment

• Originally posted by VegasBella View Post
                      Hi!
                      I don't own a timeshare yet.

My husband and I took our son to Legoland and we decided to book a timeshare room from hotels dot com. I honestly would never have even thought of staying at a timeshare if it hadn't come up on that website.

We enjoyed it all so much that I returned with my son and my mom a few weeks later and stayed in another timeshare nearby. Again, we had a great time at Legoland and we also just LOVED staying at these timeshares.

The thing we loved most was the full kitchen. The thing I did not like: the constant pressure to sit through a sales pitch.

I started teasing my husband that we're going to buy a timeshare and he said NO NO NO. I did some research online, shared it and he acquiesced. If I can get a good deal then we're going to do it. I've contacted a broker I found on ARDA.
                      Hi,
                      Welcome to TS4M's.

What timeshare are you looking to purchase.
                      You don't always need to use a broker.

Many can be had for $1 on ebay or even free.
                      Some are worth it and some not.
                      We'd be happy to guide you a little in your decision.

Comment

• Yes, the ones I'm most interested in are Carlsbad Seapointe and Grand Pacific Palisades.
                        I thought we should use a broker since it's our first purchase and I don't want to miss important details.

Comment

Yes, the ones I'm most interested in are Carlsbad Seapointe and Grand Pacific Palisades.
                          I thought we should use a broker since it's our first purchase and I don't want to miss important details.
                          I like working with brokers, too. Although, I did pick up a couple off of Ebay.

I know you have already found a broker, but I do have another recommendation. Grand Pacific Resorts has their own resale department. The contact person is Debbie, her office is at Carlsbad Inn. The resales there will be more expensive, but it the benefit to buying from them is that if you want to add HGVC club to the resale purchase, they can do that for you. Another member of this forum recently bought a 2 bedroom, summer week at GPP and had it converted to HGVC for about 1/3 of the price if he bought directly from GPP.

If you plan to stay at GPR every time, the HGVC may not be needed for you. If you plan to exchange, or want to do shorter stays vs an entire week, HGVC is a good choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Presley View Post
                            I like working with brokers, too. Although, I did pick up a couple off of Ebay.

I know you have already found a broker, but I do have another recommendation. Grand Pacific Resorts has their own resale department. The contact person is Debbie, her office is at Carlsbad Inn. The resales there will be more expensive, but it the benefit to buying from them is that if you want to add HGVC club to the resale purchase, they can do that for you. Another member of this forum recently bought a 2 bedroom, summer week at GPP and had it converted to HGVC for about 1/3 of the price if he bought directly from GPP.

If you plan to stay at GPR every time, the HGVC may not be needed for you. If you plan to exchange, or want to do shorter stays vs an entire week, HGVC is a good choice.
                            I don't know what the HGVC means. Can you explain it?

Is this one legit: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2BR-GRAND-PA...item3a7dca532a
                            I ask because I like it.

Comment

I don't know what the HGVC means. Can you explain it?

Is this one legit: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2BR-GRAND-PA...item3a7dca532a
                              I ask because I like it.
                              HGVC= Hilton Grand Vacation Club - you'd own Grand Pacific Palisades, but have the option each year to convert to HGVC points and stay at any of their resorts or use the points to trade into RCI. Here are the HGVC resorts: http://www.hiltongrandvacations.com/...x#search/index

If you don't buy a HGVC converted unit, you can still easily exchange into any of the GPR resorts with their in-house exchange company: http://www.gpxvacations.com/default.aspx

The seller and the closing company for the ad that you are looking at both have a bad reputation. I haven't dealt with them, but based on what I've read, I wouldn't buy anything from them. You can google the seller name, or the closing company's name and see the complaints.

These units are for sale on Ebay all the time. You will find exactly what you want from a good seller.
                              Here's a link to a seller that I have been very happy with. If you decide you don't mind buying off of Ebay, you can send a message to this seller, tell him exactly what you want and they may find it for you. http://www.ebay.com/itm/46K-RCI-POIN...item19d86c694c Of course, you can just wait and not message and something will come up soon anyway.

Comment

• Hmm that sounds like its probably a good idea to have some way to exchange resorts because although the major appeal of a timeshare for me is the consistency I can see us wanting a different resort when our kids are older.

I have to admit Im also starting to think about buying one in Vegas too. But one at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X