Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VeagasBella to the site and I need to say that we are a bit since this is a welcome thread I would rather that the help be put in a seperate thread so it may help others that are looking for help/ By staying here the posts will be lost.
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

• Originally posted by VegasBella View Post
      Hi!
      I've contacted a broker I found on ARDA.
      Make sure you verify that the organization you are working with is properly licensed. You can verify real estate licensees for most states on the website https://www.arello.com. ARDA-ROC's published guidelines instruct consumers to always do this, but many people skip this step and assume that ARDA has verified this type of information for its members. ARDA has some "members" that do not necessarily transact under a broker's license. With all the complaining that we've heard from developers- ARDA still appears to have a number of members who own and operate post card companies as well as high cost upfront fee marketing websites..

Also, be aware that in some cases there still may be an affiliated broker showing under the ARDA membership- but you may actually find you are buying or selling through an unlicensed third party holding company and using an in-house closing agency for closings (neither of which operate under a state license- and thus provide little recourse for the consumer in case something goes wrong.). The way you can tell is to carefully review your purchase and sale contract.. If it does not specify a licensed real estate broker acting as a third party for your transaction- you are not under the protection of state regulations governing real estate transactions through a properly licensed brokerage.

If the contract shows you are buying directly from a company and does not include identifying information for a licensed brokerage- you should treat the transaction in the same manner as if you were buying directly from a person you do not know and ensure you perform your own full due diligence every step of the way.

I also always recommend the use of an independent third party closing agency and escrow service- to ensure you are protected throughout the transaction.

Chances are that you are working with a respected brokerage, but it is worth a few extra minutes just to double check the credentials before you get too far.
      my travel website: Vacation-Times.org.

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
      ~Earl Wilson

Comment

• Thanks rikkis,
        Because of your advice i checked and she is licensed in both the state I want to buy and the state where I live. But we might just buy on our own without a broker.

But I guess this thread is just to say hi so I'm going to stop chatting here now

Comment

• Hello all,

Dont let the name bother you...I used to work for Wyndham for years and know what most off all have gone through. Just wanted to so HI!!

Comment

• Evening,

Who knew that donating a car would be so expensive. Here I thought we would get a free 3 day 2 night trip which ended up being a sales pitch to timeshare ownership. I will never donate another car ever again.

Well the donation directed us to Bluegreen and although I didn't enjoy the sales pitch, it made sense that staying at a timeshare would save us money compared to staying at a hotel for the same amount of time. Although I wasn't interested financially in purchasing a timeshare for the prices they quoted us, I figured I would give the sampler package a try. My family and I enjoyed every location we went to.

As of this weekend, I am in the process of becoming a timeshare owner. We will be deeded at CMV week 52. Only after reading many post here and asking questions did I finally bid and win the timeshare. Thanks to all that helped with information on deeds and sales types. I will continue to read as many post here in order to make the best of our newly acquired timeshare.

Comment

• Originally posted by rcpb2000 View Post
              Evening,

Who knew that donating a car would be so expensive. Here I thought we would get a free 3 day 2 night trip which ended up being a sales pitch to timeshare ownership. I will never donate another car ever again.

Well the donation directed us to Bluegreen and although I didn't enjoy the sales pitch, it made sense that staying at a timeshare would save us money compared to staying at a hotel for the same amount of time. Although I wasn't interested financially in purchasing a timeshare for the prices they quoted us, I figured I would give the sampler package a try. My family and I enjoyed every location we went to.

As of this weekend, I am in the process of becoming a timeshare owner. We will be deeded at CMV week 52. Only after reading many post here and asking questions did I finally bid and win the timeshare. Thanks to all that helped with information on deeds and sales types. I will continue to read as many post here in order to make the best of our newly acquired timeshare.
              Welcome to TS4Ms, from one BG owner to another! I really enjoy my BG ownership and the flexibility it provides me.
              Pat
              *** My Website ***

Comment

• Originally posted by rcpb2000 View Post
                Evening,

[snip]

Why deeded at CMV rather than owning BG points? Do you live close to CMV and would go there most? Does that entitle you to book other BG resorts?
                Bernie in CT

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie157 View Post
                  Why deeded at CMV rather than owning BG points? Do you live close to CMV and would go there most? Does that entitle you to book other BG resorts?
                  Bernie in CT
                  Hi Bernie, in another thread, the poster shared that he purchased resale points at CMV - the underlying deeded week is one he will use frequently and he can get bonus time there as well. Yes, this is a drive to destination for him and he can use his points at other resorts.
                  Pat
                  *** My Website ***

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie157 View Post
                    Bernie in CT
                    I was looking at CMV specifically. In hopes for a cheap UDI but also saw points for sale on Ebay. These are BG points. If I chose to not use my deeded week, at the 11 month prior to my week, I can choose to use my points at other BG resorts. As long as what im looking for is less or equal to my points and is also available.

Comment

• Welcome Mike and Edie

I would like to Introduce Mike and Edie

A retired couple I recently met on Tug from
                      California living the good life Timesharing Fulltime
                      across the US - joined timeshareforums today.

Please check out there internet dairy,
                      blog and extend a warm welcome to
                      Mike and Edie when they posts.

www.fulltimetimeshare.com

Thanks
                      Marti
                      tonyg
                      Goomba & Super Moderator
                      Last edited by tonyg; 01-06-2014, 01:24 PM. Reason: fixed url

Comment

• Hi,
                        I am Carolyn. We have been timesharing for about 20 years - very happily. First with an independent in Key West that I never visited myself (native FLoridian), now with HGVC, Club Intrawest, and soon to be Bluegreen All our trading experience is with II and of late with SFX. Looking forward to learning about RCI.

We travel more frequently now that our kids sail boats and race all around. We have taken the show on the road and find ourselves renting, borrowing points, and otherwise supplementing what we own Happy to be here! Looking forward to learning

Comment

• Hi Carolyn,
                          Welcome to the forum.
                          We have a few other Floridians here, me included.
                          I also own HGVC and a BG weeks UDI.
                          Happy to have you hang out with us.

Comment

• Hi my husband and I own 26k biannual bluegreen points and use them every year in North Myrtle Beach. We have mixed feelings about Bluegreen, they promise you the world but every year at our owners update meeting everything they say the year before is no longer true. We've had some very bad experiences at those meetings in the past and now wont attend them. We do enjoy our vacations though but wish they had more east coast locations north of the Carolinas within driving distance of Pennsylvania. We love the beach so Myrtle Beach is our best bet. We'd like to learn more about using RCI in the future to give us more options.

Comment

• Originally posted by surfrog View Post
                              Hi my husband and I own 26k biannual bluegreen points and use them every year in North Myrtle Beach. We have mixed feelings about Bluegreen, they promise you the world but every year at our owners update meeting everything they say the year before is no longer true. We've had some very bad experiences at those meetings in the past and now wont attend them. We do enjoy our vacations though but wish they had more east coast locations north of the Carolinas within driving distance of Pennsylvania. We love the beach so Myrtle Beach is our best bet. We'd like to learn more about using RCI in the future to give us more options.
                              We live in Connecticut so are not too far from you (depending on what part of PA you are). We have yet to go to Myrtle or N. Myrtle but are trying to plan for it this spring or summer. We have done a few weekends to BG reports in NH and Cape Cod, mostly off season. We have been to Shenandoah Crossing and Williamsburg in VA. We like resorts within driving distance because flying everywhere is inconvenient and can be costly. So we also wish BG had a few more in the Norteast.

We have done a few RCI resorts several years ago but of course the exchange fees are costly. We are also members of Diamond Resorts which has more and worldwide resorts but haven't done any outside the US as yet.

B & M in CT

Comment

• Welcome Bernie, there are a few of us here from CT.

Comment

Working...
                                X