Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I'm Kim. In the process of buying a UDI at Shenandoah Crossing. Hopefully it starts the closing process this week. So psyched! Nice to be here!

Comment

• Welcome Kim.

Comment

• Frank Adams here.
        I Recently stayed at family timeshare Wyndham Grand Desert Las Vegas. Nice people. Great location 2 blocks from strip MGM Planet Hollywood. Low quality fixtures and blah overall experience. As an business consultant and ex-sales trainer I appreciated their process to get me in the sales presentation and the 3-person tag team closing strategy. Great fun!

Got intrigued by the whole process - started doing research. Now, I am looking to understand the industry to do consulting and marketing with them - there is a lot of money to be made selling something that provides real absolute value (and relatively cost-effective value). I want to understand the behind the scenes nature of the business: sales, sales management/recruiting, compensation systems/accelerators, marketing OPC/IPC, operations, corporate, partnerships, etc.

I would appreciate talking to anyone who has worked for timeshare companies in various capacities, especially management. Thanks!

Comment

• Greetings,
          We are Bob & Marilyn from Northern New Jersey. We have owned multiple 3 and 4 BR (LO) units for over 15 years, specifically with Westgate in Orlando, FL. We have only been to our locations twice in those years, as we have traded to great locations all over via II. We met TonyG on a recent trip to Maine and was impressed at what he described of this forum.

I have been in TUG for awhile and find I have gotten about as much as can handle from most discussions. It's time to move on.

On a personal note, we are in our late sixties and travel has become a bit more selective and sometimes restrictive. We will soon look to shed some of the load as we can't carry and use all the units we own. I hope that some folks on this forum might help us with this undertaking. I know there are many out there just like us, so hopefully we can share experiences through this forum and we can all reach a successful conclusion.

Nice to be here. Thanks Tony!

Comment

• Welcome Bob and Marilyn!
            Syd

Comment

• Welcome Bob and Marilyn!

Comment

• i want to post a review of my units and ownerships for sale or rent or trade! I am a positive Person and Love the Timeshare Business.. What should I do? Stan K.
                Originally posted by Quarterbore View Post
                About TimeshareForums.com

I just registered this domain over the weekend 10-Apr-2005 and I am going to be working to get everything started over the next couple days. This website is being setup as a timeshare community website where visitors will be able to talk about their timeshares and vacations as well as discussions about how to buy and sell a timeshare. We hope that over time that this can become a place for timeshare reviews, evaluations, as well as a resource to allow OWNERS AND SELLERS to directly buy, sell or trade their timeshare or a weeks vacation.

About the webmaster:

My father got us into timeshares back in the 1980s and his first was purchased through the sales pitch. It is a great unit and my father has used the unit every year since that time and has gone to many resorts BUT it was expensive! My father learned his lesson and purchased a second week from an owner that just wanted out and it was very obvious that this second hand timeshare had the same tradability and usefulness as his (Est $18,000) timeshare he bought in the mid 1980s but he paid a more modest $3K for the second week.

When I was younger and still in college as well as after I had graduated I had used my Father's units for a few vacations and attended a few sales pitches over the years. I know VERY WELL how tempting those sales pitches are and let's be honest that the sales people that are working at you attend lots of classes and their income is dependent on them being able to get you to buy a unit they are selling!

When I started a family of my own I knew we wanted to get into timeshares ourselves and we own two units now. We own one week in Killington Vermont in February, which is our annual ski vacation, plus we purchased a second week in the Pocono’s for an end of the summer vacation. Both of these units were purchased from individuals even though our second week was found through a realtor. We paid $5500 for the Killington week, which was an exceptional deal, and about $3500 for the Pocono’s week. These are deeded properties with fixed weeks and they have adequate room and facilities for our family and with three kids we would never want to have to stay a week in a motel somewhere!

In my honest opinion, timeshares are a great way to vacation but there is obviously a right way and right reasons for wanting a timeshare and then there are wrong ways to get into timeshares!

So who are you and how did you get into timeshares?

Can you post a review of your unit or where you have stayed?

Comment

• What you are looking for is free commercial advertising. We don't want or need that, so go away Mr. Krol.

Comment

• Hi everyone

I haven't been timesharing as long as some of you guys here but I've owned Marriott's since 2006 (Aruba Surf Club was the first purchase) and I bought into Starwood's Harborside a year later. I've bought and sold a few units since then (especially after learning the ropes of the resale market!) and love the opportunities the units give our family and friends to spend some real quality time together. I've been a member on TUG for quite some time but have only just discovered this place thanks to iConnections (big thank you!). Full disclosure: together with my better half I run a small timeshare website and tiny travel blog but that's not why I'm here. I'm here to make sure I'm up to speed with the TS world as a whole and to hopefully join in and add to the conversations when I have something useful to add. We travel a lot and are privileged to be able to visit a few timeshare resorts a year (usually Marriotts) so, hopefully, if anyone has any questions about somewhere we're visiting we can get them answered for you during one of our stays (Aruba is up next!).

Comment

• Originally posted by Docklander View Post
                      Hi everyone

I haven't been timesharing as long as some of you guys here but I've owned Marriott's since 2006 (Aruba Surf Club was the first purchase) and I bought into Starwood's Harborside a year later. I've bought and sold a few units since then (especially after learning the ropes of the resale market!) and love the opportunities the units give our family and friends to spend some real quality time together. I've been a member on TUG for quite some time but have only just discovered this place thanks to iConnections (big thank you!). Full disclosure: together with my better half I run a small timeshare website and tiny travel blog but that's not why I'm here. I'm here to make sure I'm up to speed with the TS world as a whole and to hopefully join in and add to the conversations when I have something useful to add. We travel a lot and are privileged to be able to visit a few timeshare resorts a year (usually Marriotts) so, hopefully, if anyone has any questions about somewhere we're visiting we can get them answered for you during one of our stays (Aruba is up next!).
                      Welcome Docklander.
                      Glad to have you.

Comment

• Hi Docklander, I am glad that you are visiting us here. I really like your blog and read it all the time. We have a very much up to date "Exchange Opportunities" Board here and a "Last Minute Board" for rentals, sale or give aways too but it needs a certain amount of posts before you can see it.

You will have to ask someone else how many posts it will take as I don't know. We seldom exchange as we like staying at our resorts.

Comment

• Originally posted by chriskre View Post
                          Welcome Docklander.
                          Glad to have you.
                          Thank you

Originally posted by iconnections View Post
                          Hi Docklander, I am glad that you are visiting us here. I really like your blog and read it all the time. We have a very much up to date "Exchange Opportunities" Board here and a "Last Minute Board" for rentals, sale or give aways too but it needs a certain amount of posts before you can see it.

You will have to ask someone else how many posts it will take as I don't know. We seldom exchange as we like staying at our resorts.
                          Hi Emmy, thanks for the info about this place and for the very kind words re. the blog. We're like you in that we don't often exchange (although, having said that, we've just come back from Frenchman's cove on a II exchange) but it will still be fun to see what's on offer when I get a chance (and get to the required post count!).

Comment

• Welcome Docklander. Sounds like you'll be a valuable addition to the site with your knowledge and enthusiasm.
                            Syd

Comment

• Hello. My name is Caroline. My family has owned Timeshare with Interval International since the '80's. I love to travel but have been unable to make time in recent years but am now getting back into the groove and found this forum. I currently have too many weeks deposited and am not sure what to do with them. Extend, rent, trade...let them lapse? I have posted in a couple catagories on this website detailing my questions and would love some feedback from a saavy II owner. Thanks in advance for all your help and advice.

Comment

• Welcome Caroline ! I went on 12 trips one year to clean up my excess deposits- it was a lot like work and it convinced me to reduce my number of timeshares.

Comment

Working...
                                X