Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony, 12 trips ? Come on, you can do better than that !!!

Welcome to the forums Caroline.

Comment

• Steve from New Hampshire here.
      Owned Timeshares since 95
      Been a TUG member for a few years. (5)
      Currently only own 3 Timeshares.(1 points, 2 Weeks - RCI) (Sold a few past 10 years)
      We normally squeeze 6 weeks/yr out of them for ourselves and about another 4-6 that we line up for friends/relatives. (Last Call, Extra Vacations, Bonus Weeks...

It is just my wife and myself (no kids) but we almost always have guests along.
      We love bringing families and getting multiple units at the same resort for everyone.

Comment

• I just became a member of this forum and it looks like there will be a lot of useful information. My first timeshare purchase was in 2002 when my ex-wife and I purchased an annual week at the Holiday Inn Club Orange Lake West Village in Florida. Through the years, we used that week only one time but traded it for other weeks in may parts of the eastern US. We converted that week to points in 2009 and "upgraded" to a 3-bedroom even year unit in the East Village. At the same time, Holiday Inn Club allowed us to "grandfather" in another unit if we could purchase it within 30 days. We were able to purchase a two bedroom annual week in the West Village and it was subsequently assigned its associated points. We purchased a third annual one-bedroom week at the Holiday Inn Club Smokey Mountain Resort in 2011. As things happen, we divorced in 2012 and my ex now has the 3-bedroom and the 1-bedroom units. I have the 2 bedroom (and associated points). We and I have used the points every year and never let them expire. I have been able to stay in several resorts around the country and occasionally extend a business trip for a few days or a week to stay in the area. I have been able to use the points for RCI resorts in many areas of the country. Recently, I was able to purchase a resale 2-bedroom annual at the Holiday Inn Club Smoky Mountain Resort. I have read on this forum and other online posts various stories about trying to get points associated with resale units. I considered that before making this purchase but decided to proceed because the week is an October week which is usually in high demand in the Smoky Mountains. I'd like other's opinion of this purchase if you have a mind to share.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparksbug View Post
          I just became a member of this forum and it looks like there will be a lot of useful information. My first timeshare purchase was in 2002 when my ex-wife and I purchased an annual week at the Holiday Inn Club Orange Lake West Village in Florida. Through the years, we used that week only one time but traded it for other weeks in may parts of the eastern US. We converted that week to points in 2009 and "upgraded" to a 3-bedroom even year unit in the East Village. At the same time, Holiday Inn Club allowed us to "grandfather" in another unit if we could purchase it within 30 days. We were able to purchase a two bedroom annual week in the West Village and it was subsequently assigned its associated points. We purchased a third annual one-bedroom week at the Holiday Inn Club Smokey Mountain Resort in 2011. As things happen, we divorced in 2012 and my ex now has the 3-bedroom and the 1-bedroom units. I have the 2 bedroom (and associated points). We and I have used the points every year and never let them expire. I have been able to stay in several resorts around the country and occasionally extend a business trip for a few days or a week to stay in the area. I have been able to use the points for RCI resorts in many areas of the country. Recently, I was able to purchase a resale 2-bedroom annual at the Holiday Inn Club Smoky Mountain Resort. I have read on this forum and other online posts various stories about trying to get points associated with resale units. I considered that before making this purchase but decided to proceed because the week is an October week which is usually in high demand in the Smoky Mountains. I'd like other's opinion of this purchase if you have a mind to share.
          Welcome. It sounds like you are using your memberships well and you like the HIVC system. I own HIVC in Las Vegas but I'm not sure I love it.
          When you become more active with posting, or (I believe) you become a paying member of this site, you will gain access to our exchange opportunity boards.
          Jacki

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparksbug View Post
            I have read on this forum and other online posts various stories about trying to get points associated with resale units. I considered that before making this purchase but decided to proceed because the week is an October week which is usually in high demand in the Smoky Mountains. I'd like other's opinion of this purchase if you have a mind to share.
            How much did you pay for this HI unit?
            I'd probably rescind this purchase if it was for any significant amount of money.
            Have you searched ebay for HIVC points? You'll save a lot of money buying resale.
            If you are within you rescission time then I'd do it before it's too late.
            You can always repurchase it if you later decide you still want it.

Comment

• Hello

My name is Walt and I recently retired from the military and I am looking to purchase a Time Share after gaining knowlege from the outstanding people of this site.

Comment

• Welcome Walt.

Please stay around and ask questions and listen to answers.

Nancy

Comment

• Hey everyone, my name is Joanna and I am new to Time Share, but am excited to make my first purchase and gain advice from all of you experts :-)

Comment

• Hello,
                    I live in Connecticut and own several timeshares at Harborside Resort at Atlantis. Got into timeshares back in 2000 and currently own 2 3 bedroom lockoffs and 1 1 bedroom.
                    Jay

Comment

• Welcome Jay - not unfamiliar with Southington - lived in Cheshire and Waterbury for many years.

Comment

• Judy - Baltimore - 2 timeshares - both in Myrtle Beach

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidnJudy View Post
                          Judy - Baltimore - 2 timeshares - both in Myrtle Beach
                          Welcome Judy.
                          Jacki

Comment

• Welcome, Judy!

Originally posted by DavidnJudy View Post
                            Judy - Baltimore - 2 timeshares - both in Myrtle Beach
                            We've stayed in Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach a couple of times in the late summer. Like it very much.

Comment

• We like the water temps there and Broadway at the Beach

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidnJudy View Post
                                We like the water temps there and Broadway at the Beach
                                Not sure what we'll think of the water temps in the spring, but we like them right well late summer/early fall!

We haven't gotten to Broadway at the Beach. One of the resorts we stay at (Harbour Lights) is on the Intercoastal Waterway, so they offer freebie State Park passes to get to the beach. We've done a couple of state parks and particularly like the one across from Brookgreen Gardens, since half of us will stay at the beach a lot longer than other other half, and those of us who are bored with the beach can just go across the street! A Brookgreen Gardens pass lasts, I forget, five days or more, and we still haven't done everything there.

Last time we were in North Myrtle Beach and ran up to see the Battleship North Carolina and do-dadded around Wilmington, NC for a while. And we usually hit Barefoot Landing -- we like to watch the turtles, plus there was a gator there the first time we went -- and do the carousel, which was looking pretty sad last time, alas.

Comment

Working...
                                X