Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello. I`m Carlos, from Spain, and i lived a couple of years in london. I was a time share user, but I wasn´t a happy costumer. I had a lot of problems while i was trying to leave, quit, cancel the contract i´ve done in the past, sold to me by one of those salesman in Tenerife, that a lot of you known. I entered this group to let you know that if you want it´s not imposible to get rid off you week. Don´t stop fighting! Never!

Comment

• Hi, We are Jim and Karen from Texas, originally Scotland. We bought our fist Timeshare in 2008 at OrangeLakes, Orlando. We ended up buying another there too. We have never used RCI yet and tbh, over the weekend trying to use RCI was quite difficult I guess we have never looked into it to understand it. We have 200k points to use by December or lose them, and we really don't want to do that. We have lost them a couple of times in the past.
      They way we understood it was we could just use the points all over the world? Tried to get my wife's parents set for a vacation in the next 2 months as part of their 50th Anniversary gift, RCI still wanted $2099.00?
      We have also had trouble trying to sign into the account,(it was set up back years ago in an old email address that is no longer accessible, when I use the logon they say its not registered? lol
      Looking forward to trying to understand RCI from this great site

Comment

• Originally posted by JimandKaren View Post
        Hi, We are Jim and Karen from Texas, originally Scotland. We bought our fist Timeshare in 2008 at OrangeLakes, Orlando. We ended up buying another there too. We have never used RCI yet and tbh, over the weekend trying to use RCI was quite difficult I guess we have never looked into it to understand it. We have 200k points to use by December or lose them, and we really don't want to do that. We have lost them a couple of times in the past.
        They way we understood it was we could just use the points all over the world? Tried to get my wife's parents set for a vacation in the next 2 months as part of their 50th Anniversary gift, RCI still wanted $2099.00?
        We have also had trouble trying to sign into the account,(it was set up back years ago in an old email address that is no longer accessible, when I use the logon they say its not registered? lol
        Looking forward to trying to understand RCI from this great site
        Are you enrolled in the Holiday Inn Vacation Club point system? You would have had to convert when Holiday Inn took over Orange Lake. If you have HIVC points, and are in danger of losing them, you can convert them to Holiday Inn Priority Club points that can be used for hotel rooms. Those points never expire. If you did convert, then your old RCI account would not work. You would have to go through the Holiday Inn site portal to access RCI.
        If you did not convert, then you will have to see if you are still in RCI points.

If you have 200,000 RCI points active, you can trade them for really nice places for $209. That is a LOT of points. You have to look for exchanges instead of "getaways".

Good luck and welcome!
        Jacki

Comment

• Hi, new here, love my timeshare and traveling. My favorite timeshare trades are Florida. Never can get enough of the sunshine and the beaches.

Comment

• Welcome Rickey - in Florida you have lots of choices.

Comment

• yup

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

• Hi Friends,
                This is Amla.From UAE. I am planning to travel India.Where can I find the best hotel? Any suggestion?

Comment

• Find at google to pick best one @amla

Comment

• Hi buddies,
                    This is Nivetha for UAE. I am here to share my times with you. Hope I will get best time pass here and I will get new friends

Comment

• amla94 and hmsplsatish - what timeshares do you own and are you buddies of nivetha94 ?

Comment

• I live in W. Canada, and own a few timeshares. Worldmark, Shell, a Sheraton Desert Oasis, and some floating weeks on Oahu that I usually trade through RCI. I heard about this forum on Tug, and think it looks great, and I'm excited to be here!

Comment

• Originally posted by bizaro86 View Post
                          I live in W. Canada, and own a few timeshares. Worldmark, Shell, a Sheraton Desert Oasis, and some floating weeks on Oahu that I usually trade through RCI. I heard about this forum on Tug, and think it looks great, and I'm excited to be here!
                          Welcome.
                          Jacki

Comment

• Thanks for the welcome

Comment

• Originally posted by bizaro86 View Post
                              I live in W. Canada, and own a few timeshares. Worldmark, Shell, a Sheraton Desert Oasis, and some floating weeks on Oahu that I usually trade through RCI. I heard about this forum on Tug, and think it looks great, and I'm excited to be here!
                              Welcome to Timeshare Forums! You really need to stay once in Oahu (Waikiki Beach) instead of trading through RCI. Where do you own in Oahu?

Comment

• We own at Lifetime in Hawaii. I'm sure we'll make it there eventually, but with little kids the studio unit isn't currently a great option... We may try to trade for the HGVC at some point.

We can usually trade it for a two bedroom in the Canadian rockies though, which is great and drive-to for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X