Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Deal??!!

Originally posted by JBB
    Angie.. We live in Vancouver.. the TS company is called point to point destination. Point to Point Destinations - Vacations, Timeshare, Vancouver, Whistler, Victoria: Vacation Properties They say as the owners we determine the MFs. there is annual meeting in Vancouver.. I do think it's nice to have something close to home.. Whistler may be a good idea (Intrawest) I guess it would be very expensive though..

From what I am hearing, it's not a good idea to buy direct period. There are a lot of readings to go through.. I am so excited! I think I need to make a big pot of coffee
    Hi JBB, are you reading the threads while enjoying the coffee? I'm having some Ehrenfelser from Cedar Creek right now....We bought from C.Intrawest back in 98 when we knew nothing about resale.Points system has its good and bad pts-pls exercise your due deligence.Maintenance fee do go up every yr and more points are required for new club locations.We had to save up 2 yrs of points to go to their newest location in Mexico! I went to the link that you provided and it's probably a perpetual membership within a master trust for the Club?
    Join Tug2.net now and read the RESORT REVIEWS for all their resorts and then decide how many of them you would like to stay for a wk.If there's no upfront cost to join the club except for the mtn fee,then maybe it's a deal. Can you just walk away from the Club one day should you decide to buy some weeks from a resale broker like holidaygroup.com or from ebay? My stew is boiling over, gotta go.back later.......Angie

Comment

Point to Point have some beautiful resorts, but 12.5K is just too expensive.

Here is an ad that might interest you. I found this in under two minutes. I'm not saying it's the best deal, but less than you're going to pay for more points.

http://www.buyatimeshare.com/searchR...nSearch=Search

Again, a strong suggest to rescind while you can. If, after research, you decide you want to get the same deal, believe me, it will be there, no matter what the salesman told you about a one time offer, blah, blah, blah.

BTW, I live in Abbotsford - I don't imagine they were giving away free Canucks tickets for your presentation? It's what I got (twice) for sitting through their sales pitch.

Welcome to TS4Ms.

Bev

Comment

Hi Bevvy5,how are you? I just joined this forum a few wks ago --just luv timesharing and most of all enjoy reading all the posts here. My goodness,$12.5K for Points to Points membership??? JBB,Club Intrawest resale for the minimum pts(120) is about $10000US and you can even use pts for some Hilton club locations and more.....Better listen to all the other advice given here.Let us know how you're doing? Angie

Comment

Originally posted by JBB
          Angie.. We live in Vancouver.. the TS company is called point to point destination. Point to Point Destinations - Vacations, Timeshare, Vancouver, Whistler, Victoria: Vacation Properties
          PTP is a decent management company with a small family of resorts. We have a point membership through them. However, we bought ours resale and almost 3 times the number of points you got for a lot less.

Like all the others have said, you can find better resale. If you want to buy in Whistler and stay in points there are options. Club Intrawest, Shell Vacation Club at Mountainside Lodge, Worldmark, etc all have point based memberships which have availability in Whistler and can be found on the resale market. For what you spent, you can get a lot more value.

Comment

wow.. I am going to run to the company to cancel tomorrow. For no other reasons but the price! I am also excited about all the other options out there. I'd like to make a more informed decision. BTW, I am very new to forums.. so please forgive me if I don't know any forum etiquettes...

Comment

Originally posted by JBB View Post
              wow.. I am going to run to the company to cancel tomorrow. For no other reasons but the price! I am also excited about all the other options out there. I'd like to make a more informed decision. BTW, I am very new to forums.. so please forgive me if I don't know any forum etiquettes...
              [MARQUEE-RIGHT][SIGN]Welcome to TS4MS, JBB[/SIGN][/MARQUEE-RIGHT]

You are so lucky you found this forum in time to rescind. You saved a lot of money and you can still buy what you want for less money now.

Comment

Originally posted by JBB View Post
                You're doing well and probably better than some of us when we first purchased a timeshare as there is a lot of information available via the net today and very little in 1996 when I first became acquainted. Your purchase sounds like a RCI Points resort that cost too much and provided too little RCI Points. Rescind, take some time to learn about timesharing, and relax. The time spent learning will pay dividends in the savings but more important, you will know what you have and can truly enjoy your vacations.
                Gary

Comment

Welcome, JBB...I think you're making the right decision....and you've come to a place that will be very helpful to you...lots of folks very knowledgeable about timeshare, as you can see...good luck with your cancellation. Hope to see you back here to let us know how it went.
                  Connie

Comment

Make sure you rescind exactly according to the instructions provided. Get proof of receipt, do everything by the book and do it today.

Comment

Originally posted by bevvy5
                      BTW, I live in Abbotsford - I don't imagine they were giving away free Canucks tickets for your presentation? It's what I got (twice) for sitting through their sales pitch.

Bev
                      I did get the Canucks tickets for the final round Game 1... Let's Hope!

I am going to the developer with my husband tonight.. I suupose they may not be very friendly today..

Comment

Originally posted by JBB
                        I did get the Canucks tickets for the final round Game 1... Let's Hope!

I am going to the developer with my husband tonight.. I suupose they may not be very friendly today..
                        Check your contract carefully. Don't just tell them in person. You must do it in writing, in accordance with the contract's terms, whether it be by registered/certified mail, courier, etc... If the contract allows for delivery of written rescission to the developer in person, be sure to get a signed receipt.

Comment

Originally posted by Glitter View Post
                          Check your contract carefully. Don't just tell them in person. You must do it in writing, in accordance with the contract's terms, whether it be by registered/certified mail, courier, etc... If the contract allows for delivery of written rescission to the developer in person, be sure to get a signed receipt.
                          I agree with the others than you should rescind this contract. As Glitter says, you want written proof that you rescinded. It doesn't hurt to send your rescission in using more than one form of communication, either.

I'm not familiar with Point-to-Point Destinations. How much time would your annual fee get you at your home resorts (rather than in RCI Points)?

Comment

Originally posted by djyamyam View Post
                            Like all the others have said, you can find better resale. If you want to buy in Whistler and stay in points there are options. Club Intrawest, Shell Vacation Club at Mountainside Lodge, Worldmark, etc all have point based memberships which have availability in Whistler and can be found on the resale market. For what you spent, you can get a lot more value.
                            Whistler has many TS. In addition to the ones above, there are many Whiski-jack resorts (Raintree) and Whistler Vacation Club. All can be purchased resale and save at minimum 50%. Both WM and CI resales sell almost exactly at 50% discounts.

We bought a annual mountainside last year for $350 US which Shell is selling for about $20,000 cdn. Yes, with the Shell purchase you can go to any of the shell resorts, but $20,000 vs $350 is a no brainer!!

Good Luck
                            Bill

Comment

well, just to give you an update.. we went there but they say the sale office is closed today. They asked us to give them a signed written notice and one of the sales directors will call us back next day.

Comment

I would read the instructions carefully that are in your paperwork and follow them completely. In the USA, we most likely have to send a written rescission notice back and send it by the USPS. It is best to do it by certified mail with proof of receipt. Keep copies too of what you send back. I don't know how it is in Canada but it should be very similar. You will have no problems if you deal with a good company. I read that it is in this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X