2012 Hurricane Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wackymother View Post
    I'll be hoping for the best for you and all of our friends in the Northeast. And for me, too!
    I know your getting what I am getting around the same time, Good luck and be safe. We were trying to talk my son into coming home but he is staing in Hoboken. He is on the 4 th floor
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Stay safe everyone - NY and NJ to be hit hard beginning around 6 pm.
      Not too much rain here on Central Long Island. Mostly just a lot of wind so far.
      Jacki

Comment

Originally posted by jackio View Post
        Stay safe everyone - NY and NJ to be hit hard beginning around 6 pm.
        Not too much rain here on Central Long Island. Mostly just a lot of wind so far.
        Of course it will hit around six p.m. Because everything is worse in the dark.

Comment

The wind and rain is picking up here. Over 25,000 outages in CT now. That should have been 30,000 as I forgot to include United Illuminating customers.
          tonyg
          Goomba & Super Moderator
          Last edited by tonyg; 10-29-2012, 02:51 PM. Reason: amend info

Comment

Just heard from Pat Grayfal. She lost power at 1:30 pm.
            Jacki

Comment

Originally posted by jackio View Post
              Just heard from Pat Grayfal. She lost power at 1:30 pm.
              ouch that was early!

Sandy
              2:05 p.m. EDT More than 60,000 customers are without power across Long Island, according to Long Island Power Authority. Hurricane Sandy still has maximum sustained winds of 90 mph. The central pressure has lowered to 940 mb (27.67 inches Hg).
              Lawren
              ------------------------
              There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
              - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

It came back on..but for how long I do not know.
                Huge tree down across my road 50 feet from house.
                We have underground utilities but many in this area do not.....
                Pat
                *** My Website ***

Comment

Lost power again with a BANG. Willow tree around the corner took out power lines on the main road.
                  No rain. In fact the wind has dryed off the windows and cars but everything plastered with leaves and debris.
                  Getting dark now. Candles lit. Kindle with lighted cover a good thing.

Be Safe Out There.
                  Pat
                  *** My Website ***

Comment

Had about six short power interruptions this afternoon. We now have around 100,000 without power in the state. We are now only using the laptops. We are one of the few towns with less than 1% out of power. Rain has been mostly moderate with only a few short downpours. The wind seems to be blowing hard, but it also seems to be going higher over out area and we just get short gusts as they do.

Comment

The winds are getting pretty strong and the very large oak tree next door is swaying in our direction. I am really hoping that we won't lose power for an extended period of time. It was quiet all day but not so much now.

Comment

Thinking of you all and still hoping that it will not be too bad. It is covered on TV quite a bit here so we are kept up to date.

Comment

Over 300,000 without power in CT now.

Comment

Watching on TV the AC boardwalk being washed out to sea. How terrible. We have some water in our lower level. DH we.nt outside and said a rain spout came apart and he thinks that's why the water came in. I sopped up the water in 2 rooms, laid down towels where the water is still coming in, and turned on a fan to help dry the area and the part of our carpet that is squishy. Hope that is the worst. We still have electricity but many in Atlantic County do not so I guess we are in for that too. Our tv is showing tremendous video and stills of the shore areas. I'm glued to the TV. It is Philly stations and they have correspondents in the shore areas. They have to keep moving to get into a safer area.

I hope the rest of you are safe and secure.
                            Kay H

Comment

My block is closed due to a fallen tree and fallen wires. The guy just moved the car out of there just in time. The good thing is Power is still on. My son posted a picture of Hoboken on his facebook. One of Sintra drive and one of a tree which fell on a car.
                              Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Jackie and Suskey have both lost power.
                                Can not believe that Kay has not.
                                Wind has definitely died down from a crazy amount between 2 and 5 but I think it is picking up again.
                                Power out since 4:30ish.
                                Rain stopped and a big full moon is out.
                                Pat
                                *** My Website ***

Comment

Working...
                                X