• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Hurricane Thread

Here we go, a little later then last year

As a point of reference here is a map of the Caribbean

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov

Tropical Storm Isaac - not a HURRICANE yet

Why can't I find my previous yeas posts???
    Even Search is not picking them up!
    GrayFal
    Silver Contributor and supermoderator
    Last edited by GrayFal; 09-10-2013, 11:22 AM.
    Pat
    *** My Website ***

I have a lot of trouble finding older ex-ops threads too
    Lawren
    ------------------------
    There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
    - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

Originally posted by lawren2 View Post
      I have a lot of trouble finding older ex-ops threads too
      Must be gone.....
      Pat
      *** My Website ***

Comment

Well, we are 5 weeks from Sanibel. I guess we get to watch for a late season hurricane that might affect us.

Comment

My worries are less now that DD has moved up North from Florida.

Comment

Here she comes, watch out Miami
            Pat
            *** My Website ***

Comment

My son got stuck in Honduras today due to the hurricane. He might not get out tomorrow either. He only took out medical travel insurance, so unfortunately he's not covered for much, including the hotel.
              Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Comment

We have a Cousin that is Belize, Not sure when she is due back
                Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

He sure made a big left today so I guess Isaac won't be anywhere near SC.
                  Pat H

Comment

Good Luck to NOLA.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
                      Here she comes, watch out Miami
                      We survived with only a few trees down and around 50K people without power.
                      I hear the chain saws and leaf blowers as we speak. (type)
                      Very little flooding thank God.
                      Fort Myers here I come.
                      Well, maybe tomorrow.

Comment

Tropical storm Kirk. No landfall predicted

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/grap...large#contents
                        GrayFal
                        Silver Contributor and supermoderator
                        Last edited by GrayFal; 08-29-2012, 11:41 AM.
                        Pat
                        *** My Website ***

Comment

We didn't fare so well at all. It's been a hell week. Bottom line so far is my Honda Pilot got drowned and it's been totalled out by the insurance company. Even with the check we'll get for it, it''ll cost $12-15K additional cash to replace it exactly. Our beater farm truck has been towed twice already - once to the repair shop to get the minimum done so we had a vehicle that could go thru the water (only pick up trucks can out here) and once due it getting stuck in the muck in our own driveway. It's acting up again since it's not meant to due what we are now forced to use it for.

DD's school has been closed all week. We are one of only 7 schools in Palm Beach County still closed to massive flooding issues.

And if dealing with the storm issue wasn't quite enough, my sister called in the middle of this hell week to say that she's just been diagnosed with Stage 2 breast cancer.

I give up.

Comment

Originally posted by jlwquilter View Post
                            We didn't fare so well at all. It's been a hell week. Bottom line so far is my Honda Pilot got drowned and it's been totalled out by the insurance company. Even with the check we'll get for it, it''ll cost $12-15K additional cash to replace it exactly. Our beater farm truck has been towed twice already - once to the repair shop to get the minimum done so we had a vehicle that could go thru the water (only pick up trucks can out here) and once due it getting stuck in the muck in our own driveway. It's acting up again since it's not meant to due what we are now forced to use it for.

DD's school has been closed all week. We are one of only 7 schools in Palm Beach County still closed to massive flooding issues.

And if dealing with the storm issue wasn't quite enough, my sister called in the middle of this hell week to say that she's just been diagnosed with Stage 2 breast cancer.

I give up.
                            Awww.
                            Maybe you should head to Enchanted Isle til the waters recede.
                            It's beautiful along the coast.

Comment

Some people live charmed lives, and then there's the rest of us. Good luck with recovering from the storm and good luck to your sister.

Originally posted by jlwquilter View Post

I give up.

Comment

Working...
                              X