No announcement yet.

2012 Hurricane Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone seen any small generators in stores today?

Comment

Originally posted by wackymother View Post
      Has anyone seen any small generators in stores today?
      My SIL that lives in VA said that they could not find any, Everyone is sold out
      Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

NWS NE Sector:

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/northeast_loop.php

If your Transporter is up and running, I can beam you our generator.

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Thanks, Frank. I'm sure everything is sold out around here, too. I'm hoping for the best....

Comment

New York City Subway to close at 7PM Sunday, Bus service suspended at 9PM....
            Pat
            *** My Website ***

Comment

When we had our last major ice storm, Home Depot or Lowe's, or both, had a semi-load of generators shipped in, and sold them from the parking lot(s).

When our friends 100 miles to the north had their last major ice storm, and their generator shot craps, we met them halfway and gave them ours. (Their Transporter was without power, so we could not beam it to them.)

Our electric co-op has clear-cut their right-of-ways, and makes sure they stay cleared, so we don't have many major issues any more. That does not set well with some inconsiderate, self-centered property owners, but they have all lost that battle. Their choice is to keep the right-of-ways clear, or have them chemically kept clear by the utility.
              RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Generators are sold out everywhere. Luckily my son in PA was able to get one before they were all gone.
                Pat H

Comment

Originally posted by Pat H View Post
                  Generators are sold out everywhere. Luckily my son in PA was able to get one before they were all gone.
                  Wow, that would take a long extension cord.

Comment

Standby generators are wonderful. When the utility company fails to deliver, our standby generator does.

Light winds and rain here. But, the wind and rain are supposed to pickup. Worst of it to be from about 4 this afternoon to 4 Tuesday morning.

Good luck to everyone.

Comment

No generator here, but neighbors on both sides bought them this weekend and I do have power cords.

Comment

Even the British media is covering this blow by blow as it happens:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-happened.html

Comment

Hurricane Sandy just cut the Avalon Fishing Pier in Nags Head, NC in half.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryne08 View Post
                            Hurricane Sandy just cut the Avalon Fishing Pier in Nags Head, NC in half.
                            http://www.avalonpier.com/piercam.html
                            http://www.avalonpier.com/wavecam.html
                            Live Camera
                            Pat
                            *** My Website ***

Comment

My house is swaying and the major part of the storm has not started yet. 12 hours down and the worst 36 hours to go.

Advice if you have freezer packs start loading them into your freezer you can extend the meat an extra 2 days. If you have a basement get as much off the floor as you can.
                              Also fill your pots with clean water to use for drinking and tub as well so you can use the tub water to flush
                              BTW Public Schools are closed today and Tuesday
                              Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Originally posted by bigfrank View Post
                                My house is swaying and the major part of the storm has not started yet. 12 hours down and the worst 36 hours to go.

Advice if you have freezer packs start loading them into your freezer you can extend the meat an extra 2 days. If you have a basement get as much off the floor as you can.
                                Also fill your pots with clean water to use for drinking and tub as well so you can use the tub water to flush
                                BTW Public Schools are closed today and Tuesday
                                I'll be hoping for the best for you and all of our friends in the Northeast. And for me, too!

Comment

Working...
                                X