2012 Hurricane Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pat H View Post
    I don't have hotel points but I do have TPU's if they can find a place to stay. They would have to pay the exchange/GC since I'm not in a position to do that. Doesn't their homeowners insurance cover alternate living expenses?
    The house was originally bought by my friends grandparents in the 1940's back in better times when you could still buy a house with cash, she bought it as a 'summer bungalow' up until the 80's it didn't even have heat and from the information i've gotten from his family, has never flooded enough to go in the house before(close during Irene, but still not in)....There has never been a mortgage on the house and they never believed they really needed insurance....

IMO, a dumb move, but i'm not even sure if he could have gotten flood insurance in his location....I think i remember a mention of being able to get it only through FEMA(does that make sense?) but it being extremely expensive

Comment

• Originally posted by Ridewithme38 View Post
      Any section of this forum a long(ish) time member can ask for starpoints or other hotel stay 'points'? My best friend had his home basicly washed away and him and his wife and three kids have been sleeping in a minivan for a week because they have no where else to go...With him owning a 'pool service' company he has no money coming in right now...I'm doing everything i can, giving them my daughters old clothes and coats(they literally lost everything)but i live in what amounts to a studio apartment, so i can't host 5 guests

I would be happy to help in some way. I gathered a lot of clothes, toiletries, etc for a young family we know in a similar situation, but then realized they don't even have a storage bin right now. So sad.

Since the need will be long term, any chance they could get into an Extended Stay Facility under the American Red Cross emergency services?

Maria

Comment

• Originally posted by wackymother View Post
        Of course it will hit around six p.m. Because everything is worse in the dark.
        I know you are not to far from my son how bad were you hit?
        Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

• Originally posted by Pat H View Post
          I don't have hotel points but I do have TPU's if they can find a place to stay. They would have to pay the exchange/GC since I'm not in a position to do that. Doesn't their homeowners insurance cover alternate living expenses?
          I also have TPU's that I can donate.
          Jacki

Comment

• Now it is snowing -- sticking to the ground - and facebook friends are reporting their power is out again - I am calling my house and the phone immediately goes beep/beep/beep = no power
            Pat
            *** My Website ***

Comment

• I just drove out to Port Washinton and Great Nect. We saw a fire start in the trees from the power line. We called 911 and I have to say they were fast but they killed the power which stopped the fire. Northern Blvd was so backed up that I got off and took back roads. Fallen trees all over and tree limbs 4 ft fron the street cause of the weight of the snow, Most of the blocks we saw were black. My BIL was in the dark again tonight for only an hour.
              On a good note I have to say the trees covered in snow looked amazing.
              Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
                I am still out. All u people with power are making me jealous!
                Just back from a friends where I had a lovely hot shower.

Send some of that power karma my way!
                I really liked her. Pretty, sweet, and really nice. She was a cheerleader and I took her to the Homecoming dance when David Ray dumped her at the last minute. I got what would now be called a concussion during the game, so I had no idea where I was, so I'm sure that was an unforgettable date for her.

We lost 7-6 and I dropped a pass in the end zone.

Hey, can we call that play again? 27 Cross Country Pass. No? OK. (sigh)

Oh, wait. I'm sorry. That was Carmen.

Never mind.

JLB
                Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
                Last edited by JLB; 11-18-2012, 03:00 PM.
                RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

• Originally posted by JLB View Post
                  I really liked her. Pretty, sweet, and really nice. She was a cheerleader and I took her to the Homecoming dance when David Ray dumped her at the last minute. I got what would now be called a concussion during the game, so I had no idea where I was, so I'm sure that was an unforgettable date for her.

We lost 7-6 and I dropped a pass in the end zone.

Hey, can we call that play again? 27 Cross Country Pass. No? OK. (sigh)

Oh, wait. I'm sorry. That was Carmen.

Never mind.

Hey, it wasn't really my fault, you know!!! That was a fake tailback sweep around left end, and Danny Christiansen was a lefty and threw a really heavy ball. It was on me before I knew it. Yeah, I know I was wide open; you don't have to keep reminding me. Yeah, I know I had a freshman guarding me that night.

Why not just keep running the film over again, and see if I catch it next time.

Besides, all I remember was seeing stars, bright lights and someone sticking a smelly thing under my nose.

Yeah, I know we went 5 and 3 when we were supposed to sweep the table.

Don't keep reminding me.

I did OK.

There's no team in I.

JLB
                  Last edited by JLB; 11-18-2012, 03:34 PM.
                  RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

• You, too, Coach.

It's time to man up and move on.

It wasn't my idea for you to put your fate in the hands, or lack thereof, of a 17-year-old. You're the one who said I had the best hands you had ever seen. You said that all by yourself, I wasn't there. It wasn't my fault that got printed in the paper.

I made All State, how about you?

5 and 3 isn't all that bad for a third year coach. Sorry you got fired. I didn't fire you, the school board did.

JLB
                    Last edited by JLB; 11-18-2012, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X