Spring Break Dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Break Dates

Over the years we have discussed and compared Spring Break dates, which seem to vary around the country. We own Weeks 10 & 11, which we purchased from the association specifically because they were popular weeks for Spring Break skiing.

In the ole days, both appeared to have equal trading power, at the top of the heap in Trading Power Tests. In fact, it was a 1999 Trading Power Test, where one of them was at the top, that attracted my attention because we already owned a Summer week there, which we purchased as a foreclosure from a local real estate agent in 1992. Once we got them (10 & 11), in subsequent Trading Power Tests, some of which I administered, they were always at the top. They always could see any Sighting/Ex Op posted. Both of them, which is the relevant point here.

Since 11/16/10, their faux points values have fluctuated, never being equal to each other, and about mid-heap.

Now, because we are lookiing to book youngins to come visit us during their Spring Break, we are checking flights and fares.

What we are finding is that Week 10, March 9-16, is much more popular/more expensive/less available than Week 11, March 16-24.

For those of you who can check schools and colleges in your area, what are your Spring Break dates. I checked my alma mater, & it is Week 11, classes dismissed 3/18-22.

Here's a list of several schools, and the dates are all over the place:

http://www.studentcity.com/blog/when...-spring-break/
    JLB
    Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    Last edited by JLB; 02-26-2013, 09:13 AM.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

I just checked University of MD and U of MD Baltimore both have spring break Week 11 this year. The local community college is on the same schedule as the local K-12 which is the week after Easter if Easter is in March or the first week in April or the week before Easter, when Easter is later.

Comment

Well, earlier or later than Week 10 will appear to get some decent air fares. To Florida from Up Yonder, $60-ish per leg!!!
      RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Here in the Chicago area it's generally week 12 or 13.
        Scott

Comment

Our K-12 schools are closed the week of 3/25 and half the following week. DS1's college break starts 3/9, DS2's is the same as K-12, but just the first week.

Comment

Here in Seattle most of the local school districts are off the third week of February, then an additional week that is usually the first or second week of April. The particular week in April can vary by district and does vary year to year. Generally the week slides around to follow Easter, though some districts seem to prefer the week before Easter, while others use the week after Easter.

Outside of Seattle, where many fewer Districts are off the third week of February, the Spring Break week will usually fall somewhere between the third week of March and the first week of April. When Easter is particularly early, districts seem to align with that week.

One of my universities, which operates on semesters, generally breaks the second or third week of March. The other operates on quarters and usually breaks the last week of March.
            “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

“This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“You shouldn't wear that body.”

Comment

Rutgers University starts 3/16, ends 3/24.

Local K-12 schools March 29-April 3 (cut short bc of Sandy) or April 6-14 (but may still be changed if weather does not cooperate).

Comment

U. Michigan (on your list) is often earlier than everyone else---normally the week after P-Week---but it looks like we've moved back to two weeks after, so this year it is 3/2-3/9.

Ann Arbor schools had P-Week off for mid-winter break, and all Washtenaw County schools are off the week of the first Monday in April each year for SB.

Comment

University of Minnesota campuses break week 11, but state colleges and k-12 take spring break anywhere from March 4 through first week of April.
                  Jeanne

Comment

Barry University:
                    Spring Break Monday-Sunday, March 4-10

University of Miami:
                    March 9 - 17

Comment

Almost all schools on Long Island are closed the week of March 25th this year. Our spring break coincides with Passover. If Passover and Easter are not in the same week (rare) they close Passover week and give Good Friday off.
                      Jacki

Comment

Working...
                      X