No announcement yet.

Do You Have a GPS You Would Recommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So ... I took Carmen the Garmin out for her first little trip on my lunch hour today. At first she thought we were on Michigan Avenue in Chicago, but soon she located the satellite that set her straight and we were on our way. The AMAZING thing to me was that she could not correctly pronounce the word "restaurant". It came out more like "reeeestaurant." Is that typical or is that because she was directing us to an El Salvadorian reeestaurant?

Comment

What language is Carmen set to? Hubby likes ours to be Karen, the Australian, because she is "nicer" than the female American.

Nancy

Comment

She is set to American English. I didn't realize she could be Australian. That might be fun.

Comment

Funny that you named yours - mine is Karma Garmin, as she brought good Karma to me on a massive driving Florida trip a few months after I got her. Name stuck.

Comment

The voices have names. I use the American voice Jill. Now I am using the Google app on the cell phone more often. Since it has voice recognition for destination entry, it is much easier to get to places than manually typing addresses into Jill. I do call the cell phone app Amy. Car is call Sue, so with Jill or Amy in Sue it is all women running my life.
            Don

Comment

Working...
            X