Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks, i think the dates are unavailable, but i have a number to call

Comment

that is not available on the dates I need, but there is something available at the Oxen yoke hotel, but the one trip review says it is a dump.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
        Pollard Brook in Lincoln, NH was offering short stay packages with a presentation. Anyone looking for an affordable short stay might check their website.
        I remember a couple of summers ago I was there on a trade and friends on a discounted paid vacation with presentation. I told them to ensure they signed me up for it two. We let the guy talk for about 10 minutes and I got the point about asking him about all the innseason weeks/points for sale on ebay. I tried to be as nice as possible, he just looked at us and said, well you have done your homework, enjoy the rest of the day.

Comment

thanks, a bluegreen owner found me something.

Comment

If you are going in the Lincoln area of the White Mountains, spend part of a day at Clark's Trading post- Watch the Bear show,ride a Segway, take a steam train trip and explore the rest of the park. Sightseeing on the Kancagamus highway is fantastic- if you spot a Moose stay a good distance away as September is the beginning of their mating season and the bulls can get very aggressive.

Comment

Also in Lincoln, the zipline is very good. Took my wife there to get it off her bucket list. We did the easy one.

Comment

thanks for the suggestions. i am seriously afraid of heights, so don't know about the zipline

I checked out a book with 32 great driving trips in New England, so reading up and looking forward to the trip.
                spending the two nights in Lincoln so hoping to do that loop on the full day.
                my thought was to take one way up, with lots of stops, and a different way back to Westborough.
                should we drive up wholly or partially through Vermont on 91 an back through NH on93,
                or we can go up on 93, and somehow get to maine for the trip back.
                not a very long trip so have to use time well.

Comment

91 t0 93 south is a good route to NH, but I would take secondary roads (can't remember the route #s) from there into Maine. I don't do ziplines either, but I do take the trams up the mountains from time to time. Mount Washington is another trip possibility and I would recommend the cog railway. I resisted it for years, but did it last year and it was great and much better than my previous drives up and down the mountain. The Flume (if you can walk a distance) and the Basin are a couple of other possibilities. There is so much to do and I think we have about done it all in the many years we visited the area, but we keep going back.

Comment

Well, I'm back from my NH trip that was originally replaced by Smuggs. So, very happy that I was still able to make it up there this summer! We ended up getting a last minute RCI exchange at Crown Ridge in North Conway. I prefer the other side of the Kang but at such a last minute I was happy to get what we did.

Rapmarks, assuming you found a BG owner to rent you something at South Mountain....try the Gypsy Café right across the street for dinner one night. This is one of my all time favorite places to eat (in NH or not). If you are up for a nature walk.....either the Flume Gorge or Lost River.

This is also very popular, but I have never been. But the Highland Games are coming to Loon Mountain, this is just down the road from South Mountain. Sept 20th-23th. http://www.nhscot.org/

EDIT: Sorry, didn't realize I had your dates wrong - Highland Games will not apply.

Also, as for the foliage....there were hints of yellow on the mountain. Not much - but you should be able to get a bit of it at the end of Sept!

Comment

thanks for all the tips, my one regret about going at that time, it will get dark earlier and cut down on daylight for sightseeing.

Comment

Working...
                      X